2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Those owners with the original factory fitted HU, are yours also like the international version with fitted Rockford forsgate sound system?

The new batch of EC in Singapore come with the SDA with touch pad controller but sadly, it did not come with the rockford sound system. However, you get bigger boot space as there is no sub woofer at the boot.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yeah bro, generally approx 3 months wait.. I booked the Sports model w sunroof red colour around Mid July and only going to collect my baby next week

Congrats bro. Collecting mine in October too.

I booked mine last month and expected to collect my EC in Nov. I think the EC is selling well and Mitsubishi really wants to push the sales of the EC, which in my opinion, it's really a good SUV in term of exterior, power and features.

Wow ... 3 months is pretty Long wait . I got my EC less than 2 months . I think it’s due to the shipment that take a longer time .

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/mitsubishi-recalls-68000-suvs-over-bad-software/

Anyone know if this software bug affects our EC? I just got my 1000km servicing done, and part of it is a software update that addresses a buggy FCM, which is mentioned in the article. There was also an ECU diagnostics that was run.

I only came across this article after collecting the car so I didn't ask about it.

Edited by Galapogos

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/mitsubishi-recalls-68000-suvs-over-bad-software/

Anyone know if this software bug affects our EC? I just got my 1000km servicing done, and part of it is a software update that addresses a buggy FCM, which is mentioned in the article. There was also an ECU diagnostics that was run.

I only came across this article after collecting the car so I didn't ask about it.

Good that they fixed it up. A bro mentioned in the Sgcarmart EC review that a new firmware or software will address the FCM issue faced by EC owner

Good that they fixed it up. A bro mentioned in the Sgcarmart EC review that a new firmware or software will address the FCM issue faced by EC owner

I can't be sure that they fixed it. There seems to be 2 issues that are causing the recall.

1. Hydraulic ECU recall - ECU can spontaneously reset, causing braking problems in ACC/FCM, ABS, and ESC modes

2. FCM ECU recall - software bug in FCM system causes excessively long automatic brake, which increases risk of rear end collision.

When I went for servicing yesterday, the FCM software was updated, but the personnel did say that it simply improves the accuracy, and I might still encounter the BRAKE warning even after the patch. Sure enough, this morning I encountered it again. Also, the ECU also underwent a diagnostic test, but this was just a test and not a software update, so nothing was actually "fixed".

I also asked my sales agent about the recall and all he told me was that they have not received any news of this recall, and that C&C will contact me if I am affected. I then asked him to go ask Mitsubishi direct rather than passively wait for news, since this is a potential safety issue.

I can't be sure that they fixed it. There seems to be 2 issues that are causing the recall.

1. Hydraulic ECU recall - ECU can spontaneously reset, causing braking problems in ACC/FCM, ABS, and ESC modes

2. FCM ECU recall - software bug in FCM system causes excessively long automatic brake, which increases risk of rear end collision.

When I went for servicing yesterday, the FCM software was updated, but the personnel did say that it simply improves the accuracy, and I might still encounter the BRAKE warning even after the patch. Sure enough, this morning I encountered it again. Also, the ECU also underwent a diagnostic test, but this was just a test and not a software update, so nothing was actually "fixed".

I also asked my sales agent about the recall and all he told me was that they have not received any news of this recall, and that C&C will contact me if I am affected. I then asked him to go ask Mitsubishi direct rather than passively wait for news, since this is a potential safety issue.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles/mitsubishi-recalls-outlander-and-eclipse-cross-vehicles-brake-systems-may-stop-operating.html

Came across the above article. Just to share with bros here.

Yup, i've also seen a handful this past week - which was never the case.

Err... the part in bold - i think EC was only launched late last year or early this year. It's quite a new model, actually.

What i meant is such a new model and yet can see many on the road la, so it means quite popular.  [:p]

Neutral Newbie

EC will cut off the A/C at rest, does anyone experience a slight jerk when that happen? Is it normal?

EC will cut off the A/C at rest, does anyone experience a slight jerk when that happen? Is it normal?

It is the start stop function?

Yes the “Auto Stop & Go” AS&G...

It seems to be common to have slight jerk when the car has this start stop function. Thats why some people would turn off this function if they have the option to choose.

What i meant is such a new model and yet can see many on the road la, so it means quite popular.  [:p]

Oic...

ok, my england bo standard [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

It seems to be common to have slight jerk when the car has this start stop function. Thats why some people would turn off this function if they have the option to choose.

Hmm... a bit irritating. I am told cannot be disabled permanently. I supposed this is the little inconvenience to bear to be friendlier to the environment...

Hmm... a bit irritating. I am told cannot be disabled permanently. I supposed this is the little inconvenience to bear to be friendlier to the environment...

Cannot disable permanently but maybe can turn it off everytime before you start your driving?

Cannot disable permanently but maybe can turn it off everytime before you start your driving?

Can, but many people find it is troublesome. 

2 ways to go about it. one is to off the AS&G, next is to get ready by turning the steering wheel or stepping on the gas slightly so the engine start when you know you are about to start moving again. I think the jerk happens when you are heavy footed when the engine is off (usually during the corner/zebra line).

That being said at days the AG&G doesn't seems work due to many reason. So far it seems out of 7 days maybe my the AS&G kicks in 2 days. 

Edited by cody7k
↡ Advertisement