2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Can, but many people find it is troublesome. 

I believe it is a standard function in most of the cars now.

↡ Advertisement

Can, but many people find it is troublesome. 

it seem very difficult to please the people here. 

step into the car one need to put on seat belt, press start the engine, pres switch on air-con, press change radio channel (some), press info check mileage (some), plug in cable for carplay/AA, press switch release handbrake, engage gear, then only move on.. 

to press a switch to disable start-stop = troublesome ???? 

Hmm... a bit irritating. I am told cannot be disabled permanently. I supposed this is the little inconvenience to bear to be friendlier to the environment...

Shld have a way to bypass, as the model is still quite new, wait for someone to create a module to install.. but not sure if it will void warranty.

Dont get upset with those stirrer..

Edited by Budgetice

it seem very difficult to please the people here.

step into the car one need to put on seat belt, press start the engine, pres switch on air-con, press change radio channel (some), press info check mileage (some), plug in cable for carplay/AA, press switch release handbrake, engage gear, then only move on..

to press a switch to disable start-stop = troublesome ????

U really hit the nail on the head, bro!!

They Shd make an option on the Infortianment settings to enable it on or off, this will save us some hassle. But maybe restricted due to the go green requirement by authority.

Neutral Newbie

2 ways to go about it. one is to off the AS&G, next is to get ready by turning the steering wheel or stepping on the gas slightly so the engine start when you know you are about to start moving again. I think the jerk happens when you are heavy footed when the engine is off (usually during the corner/zebra line).

That being said at days the AG&G doesn't seems work due to many reason. So far it seems out of 7 days maybe my the AS&G kicks in 2 days.

Hi on the multi-information display, the ASG monitor started counting once I brake at the traffic junction almost all of the time. However after 5-10 sec, it will stopped with a slight jerk even though the car is still at rest with the brake applied. Does that mean that the engine is started? Is this a common experience?

Neutral Newbie

Hi on the multi-information display, the ASG monitor started counting once I brake at the traffic junction almost all of the time. However after 5-10 sec, it will stopped with a slight jerk even though the car is still at rest with the brake applied. Does that mean that the engine is started? Is this a common experience?

Hi if im not wrong. When the timer starts when the engine is cut off. The jerk would only comes on when u let ur foot off the acc pedals mean the engine is restart. This is what happen to my ec

Ah so the standard module with wifi is about 240...

I called Ah Liang he said the module 200 then the wifi is 40 but suddenly all in 280 I was confuse..

will check again before getting it fix..

A quick check where do they install the extra battery as might consider that coz more than half of the day the car is park and away at times for weeks during the holidays

Sorry if I missed the it somewhere here how much to have the extra battery install and any idea how Long that battery last?

Also how was the gps when using Google map when the phone is in the middle/glove box?

Since the version I be getting is with the SDA (mixed feelings there)

Just went to TOMO this morning got the parking module for the camera to be done.

And notice that my car came with the T8 so it already had the wifi installed so i just paid 214 for the installation of the battery cut off thing (a bit ex i felt)

Took about 20 mins to get it done.

Hope this information will help future EC owners

• Praise 1

Just went to TOMO this morning got the parking module for the camera to be done.

And notice that my car came with the T8 so it already had the wifi installed so i just paid 214 for the installation of the battery cut off thing (a bit ex i felt)

Took about 20 mins to get it done.

Hope this information will help future EC owners

Also update on the Logon T8 (Eurostyle T8) the night recording of the camera is very poor under open air HDB parking i cant see the car plate of the car parked opposite me and at times with the EC lights being so bright at times the reflection from the light also cause the car plate of the car in front unreadable.

Not a camera i would recommend.

• Praise 1

I personally feel that the T8 is quite disappointing in terms of quality....sigh

Also update on the Logon T8 (Eurostyle T8) the night recording of the camera is very poor under open air HDB parking i cant see the car plate of the car parked opposite me and at times with the EC lights being so bright at times the reflection from the light also cause the car plate of the car in front unreadable.

Not a camera i would recommend.

Dear EC owner,

have recently went thru some reading materials, sad to share I now have little faith on EC Jatco CVT unit selected by Mitsubishi. Actual a little disappointed..

• Praise 1

Dear EC owner,

have recently went thru some reading materials, sad to share I now have little faith on EC Jatco CVT unit selected by Mitsubishi. Actual a little disappointed..

Care to elaborate more on why the disappointment? Any flaws?
  • Praise 1

Care to elaborate more on why the disappointment? Any flaws?

Will share as need to extract out the info to share.

not flaw but choosen a box with no much safety margin to spare.

engine output 250NM, selected jatco cvt rated for max 250NM.. really WTF when I read it this afternoon.

• Praise 1

Will share as need to extract out the info to share.

not flaw but choosen a box with no much safety margin to spare.

engine output 250NM, selected jatco cvt rated for max 250NM.. really WTF when I read it this afternoon.

I'm sure mitsubishi have tested the EC CVT prior to using the box. Max torque supported by gearbox means the max it is designed to handle for reasonable lifespan.

But agree that cvt is a bad option for high torque output due to its weakness. Mitsubishi was lazy not to source for a 6 speed autobox

• Praise 1

I'm sure mitsubishi have tested the EC CVT prior to using the box. Max torque supported by gearbox means the max it is designed to handle for reasonable lifespan.

But agree that cvt is a bad option for high torque output due to its weakness. Mitsubishi was lazy not to source for a 6 speed autobox

the CVT is originally for outlander 2.4L with output torque ~222NM, 

with the CVT rated torque 250NM at least there is still 10% safety margin on outlander 2.4L.

As EC sharing the same platform i believe they just use back the same CVT drivetrain. 

Actual there is another 6sp AT gearbox means for Outlander 3.0L with output torque 292NM.

unfortunately this will cost more. 

Following the reading material trigger me to explore the info concerning the CVT:

(translated from Taiwan webpage)

As a key global car model for Mitsubishi, it is also a newly developed new generation Down-sizing direct injection turbocharged engine.

Bore X stroke: 75X84 This engine was developed from 4A91 (clot plus, Smart for-four)

Compression ratio 10:1 General gasoline can be used in Japan, but it is recommended to use 98 gasoline in Taiwan.

The oil supply system is direct injection + port injection, a total of 8 injection nozzles, the whole process uses the port injection, and the direct injection into the cylinder is carried out under high load.

This is a very good design, and the subsequent power modification is also more effective.

Direct injection high pressure oil supply system using DENSO, injection pressure 20MPa

Intake and exhaust oil pressure control variable valve timing and head.

In addition, we can see that the integrated head section integrated cylinder head is the same as the VW EA888, which has better thermal efficiency.

At the same time reduce components to reduce costs and reduce engine weight and volume

The turbine is IHI's single-hole turbine with an electronically controlled pressure relief valve that delivers excellent performance up to 1.5 bar.

This engine maximum output is controlled due to the small CVT gearbox (JATCO 7) maximum limit.

There is still a good potential for retrofitting (this I not sure what it means still have potential).

Dual injection fuel supply system with integrated head section with built-in cylinder head and electronically controlled turbine pressure, all designed in the same way as EA888 on GTI.

The design is a very good engine.

this Taiwan webpage mentioned the CVT is Jatco CVT7 which is wrong (CVT7 torque rating <200NM for small vehicle)

The correct should be Jatco CVT8.

Jatco CVT8 have 2 type

type 1: using steel belt for up to 250NM

type 2: using chain belt for up to 380NM

The Mit EC is using type1 steel belt, which is sadly the case. 

Of course unlikely we floored pedal to metal all the times, hence the reliability should able last till 10 years. As this EC still new on the road, we have no feedback yet concerning this CVT. 

Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing.

This means there is no potential for tuning [laugh]

the CVT is originally for outlander 2.4L with output torque ~222NM, 

with the CVT rated torque 250NM at least there is still 10% safety margin on outlander 2.4L.

As EC sharing the same platform i believe they just use back the same CVT drivetrain. 

Actual there is another 6sp AT gearbox means for Outlander 3.0L with output torque 292NM.

unfortunately this will cost more. 

Following the reading material trigger me to explore the info concerning the CVT:

(translated from Taiwan webpage)

As a key global car model for Mitsubishi, it is also a newly developed new generation Down-sizing direct injection turbocharged engine.

Bore X stroke: 75X84 This engine was developed from 4A91 (clot plus, Smart for-four)

Compression ratio 10:1 General gasoline can be used in Japan, but it is recommended to use 98 gasoline in Taiwan.

The oil supply system is direct injection + port injection, a total of 8 injection nozzles, the whole process uses the port injection, and the direct injection into the cylinder is carried out under high load.

This is a very good design, and the subsequent power modification is also more effective.

Direct injection high pressure oil supply system using DENSO, injection pressure 20MPa

Intake and exhaust oil pressure control variable valve timing and head.

In addition, we can see that the integrated head section integrated cylinder head is the same as the VW EA888, which has better thermal efficiency.

At the same time reduce components to reduce costs and reduce engine weight and volume

The turbine is IHI's single-hole turbine with an electronically controlled pressure relief valve that delivers excellent performance up to 1.5 bar.

This engine maximum output is controlled due to the small CVT gearbox (JATCO 7) maximum limit.

There is still a good potential for retrofitting (this I not sure what it means still have potential).

Dual injection fuel supply system with integrated head section with built-in cylinder head and electronically controlled turbine pressure, all designed in the same way as EA888 on GTI.

The design is a very good engine.

this Taiwan webpage mentioned the CVT is Jatco CVT7 which is wrong (CVT7 torque rating <200NM for small vehicle)

The correct should be Jatco CVT8.

Jatco CVT8 have 2 type

type 1: using steel belt for up to 250NM

type 2: using chain belt for up to 380NM

The Mit EC is using type1 steel belt, which is sadly the case. 

Of course unlikely we floored pedal to metal all the times, hence the reliability should able last till 10 years. As this EC still new on the road, we have no feedback yet concerning this CVT. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1