Keppel Corp pays S$570m to resolve bribery probes

kdash

if they wanna sweep under carpet, those pheyYewkok 30 years case, scdf, cnb, the MP who was incharge of table tennis all will sweep liao.. wanna sweep then wun even announce anything.. have some faith in our cpib and agc ba.. even if u dun like PAP, i believe those civil servant will do their job ..

speaking of dragging.. the police iskandar office case who murder and drag body under car in kovan case damn long liao.. i thought it was quite clear he did it??? how come no sound no pic.. haha.. really sweep under carpet? just kidding

Edited by Soho
  • Praise 2

if they wanna sweep under carpet, those pheyYewkok 30 years case, scdf, cnb, the MP who was incharge of table tennis all will sweep liao.. wanna sweep then wun even announce anything.. have some faith in our cpib and agc ba.. even if u dun like PAP, i believe those civil servant will do their job ..

speaking of dragging.. the police iskandar office case who murder and drag body under car in kovan case damn long liao.. i thought it was quite clear he did it??? how come no sound no pic.. haha.. really sweep under carpet? just kidding

This is one of our big problem. Some thing just so clear cut but still drag super long like what you mentioned the police iskandar case. Why don't someone go voice out in parliament to see or review the process so that from the time being caught to judge giving sentence to be shorten. This will free up a lot of resources Sia.

This is one of our big problem. Some thing just so clear cut but still drag super long like what you mentioned the police iskandar case. Why don't someone go voice out in parliament to see or review the process so that from the time being caught to judge giving sentence to be shorten. This will free up a lot of resources Sia.

apologises... he eas given death sentence in 2015..

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/sglaw/laws-of-singapore/case-law/free-law/high-court-judgments/18270-public-prosecutor-v-iskandar-bin-rahmat

strangly i dun remember reading news on it.. maybe i habe missed it

having read the news and listen to TV snippet

KOM kena fined $570M considered very cham liao ... sibei heavy punishment liao

it's one of the most "heavy" fines leh ... don't play play

and Keppel (as the owner) suffer a great loss liao ... so ... it's enough punishment

walao ehh ... like that the world got no corruption liao

any corruption and bribery can simply pay fines ... take it as part of business cost? [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

apologises... he eas given death sentence in 2015..

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/sglaw/laws-of-singapore/case-law/free-law/high-court-judgments/18270-public-prosecutor-v-iskandar-bin-rahmat

strangly i dun remember reading news on it.. maybe i habe missed it

Wow so detailed. I took sometime to read it. Darn Profesional and cover every aspect. Nowonder need so long to give sentence.

In this case, they have 0 choice because the Brazilians already exposed everything.

having read the news and listen to TV snippet

KOM kena fined $570M considered very cham liao ... sibei heavy punishment liao

it's one of the most "heavy" fines leh ... don't play play

and Keppel (as the owner) suffer a great loss liao ... so ... it's enough punishment

walao ehh ... like that the world got no corruption liao

any corruption and bribery can simply pay fines ... take it as part of business cost? [sly]

Then what do you imagine should be done? Shut down Keppel so all the common workers can suffer as well? And so that innocent shareholders (including every Singaporean) will lose money?

There's nothing more that should be done to the company (you guys know it is a lifeless entity right?). But those people involved in the bribery should be jailed for a long long time.

Why the law profession so quiet?

Can we at least conclude that next time commit corruption just pay fine but just remember to volunteer pay out of proportion fine to escape jail.

• Praise 1

But those people involved in the bribery should be jailed for a long long time.

wah don't like that leh

got empathetic people here you know

those people also got corporate ladder to climb and mouths to feed

人在江湖,身不由己。

-_-

Then what do you imagine should be done? Shut down Keppel so all the common workers can suffer as well? And so that innocent shareholders (including every Singaporean) will lose money?

There's nothing more that should be done to the company (you guys know it is a lifeless entity right?). But those people involved in the bribery should be jailed for a long long time.

agree that criminal action should be taken against the people involved but it will be a long process. this is what people want to see as well. 

Why the law profession so quiet?

Can we at least conclude that next time commit corruption just pay fine but just remember to volunteer pay out of proportion fine to escape jail.

Company pay fine is different from individuals pay fine hor. Currently is company pay fine. Individuals still don't know yet. It will took super long time to get more information and to charge those individuals to court and then judge pass the sentence. This process may take a few years.

So don't conclude so fast come to conclusion can, it is now at the beginning only, still got long way to go.

The only thing that is now hanging is whether keppel Corp want to make police report to press charges against these invididuals not. If keppel Corp never do that, then police and etc also cannot do anything as yesterday parliament debate Minister of state already state clearly that this case does not involve government, its up to keppel Corp to decide. Unless they admend the bill to allow government to press charges against those ceo who is caught for bribery, then government can take action.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Effectively government is saying that, this one involved private company. Already give private company a heavy fine Lao. Whether the private company want to pursue to recover the cost from those individuals is up to them already.

Effectively government is saying that, this one involved private company. Already give private company a heavy fine Lao. Whether the private company want to pursue to recover the cost from those individuals is up to them already.

In theory yes.

But since Keppel is a GLC controlled by the Ministry of Finance, they can't exactly wash their hands either.

Maybe these individuals ...  they..they... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Kyrios

Company pay fine is different from individuals pay fine hor. Currently is company pay fine. Individuals still don't know yet. It will took super long time to get more information and to charge those individuals to court and then judge pass the sentence. This process may take a few years.

So don't conclude so fast come to conclusion can, it is now at the beginning only, still got long way to go.

The only thing that is now hanging is whether keppel Corp want to make police report to press charges against these invididuals not. If keppel Corp never do that, then police and etc also cannot do anything as yesterday parliament debate Minister of state already state clearly that this case does not involve government, its up to keppel Corp to decide. Unless they admend the bill to allow government to press charges against those ceo who is caught for bribery, then government can take action.

Sorry, just like to add on the sentence in bold is I add in myself Mos did not state it.. Haha

Sorry, just like to add on the sentence in bold is I add in myself Mos did not state it.. Haha

You don't need the company to make a police report to press criminal charges. That's for civil charges. And even for a civil lawsuit, can't shareholders sue as well? I know they can under us law but Singapore law doesn't really protect minority shareholders.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1