Jacob Ballas Children's Garden

kdash

this morning brought my family to Jacob Ballas Children's Garden, reportedly the largest children's garden in Asia after the official opening of the extension on 10 Nov 2017. a really fun place to bring your kids there as the whole place is specially designed for kids (duh). theres a Food for Thought (Tots) there for brunch as well, with kids meals, and the food and pricing is quite decent. have to go there early as parking is limited. too bad we didnt stay for long, as our kids were crying to go home. 

more info can be found in the links below:

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/jacob-ballas-childrens-garden

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/jacob-ballas-childrens-garden-now-largest-asia-after-s12-million-extension

some photos from this morning. 

post-195148-0-95490800-1514090796_thumb.jpg

interactive wall at the entrance, very popular with the kids

post-195148-0-89730600-1514090846_thumb.jpg

water play area

post-195148-0-36296400-1514090878_thumb.jpg

gravel area with cranking devices to power LEDs

post-195148-0-85309100-1514090907_thumb.jpg

central pond

post-195148-0-14188200-1514090959_thumb.jpg

sand pit

post-195148-0-74495800-1514090982_thumb.jpg

hedge maze for kids

post-195148-0-82096800-1514091005_thumb.jpg

wooden playground

post-195148-0-41836600-1514091046_thumb.jpg

suspension bridge

post-195148-0-76914600-1514091103_thumb.jpg

entrance to Food for Tots

post-195148-0-88597600-1514091137_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Ya, it's a nice place for kids. I just brought my daughter there last week. Those with kids, try to go, else next time when they grow up to teens, they won't ve allowed to enter.

• Praise 1

Too bad, they did not create a garden for children to catch fighting spiders ....   :ignoring: 

That was part of my development at my time and we are all street smart ...   :yuush: 

Nowadays generation, SMART Phone & keyboard smart ...  :we-all-gonna-die: 

Too bad, they did not create a garden for children to catch fighting spiders .... :ignoring:

That was part of my development at my time and we are all street smart ... :yuush:

Nowadays generation, SMART Phone & keyboard smart ... :we-all-gonna-die:

There should have an app game that can catch spiders in gardens.

Honestly I think it's ok. Maybe better for primary school kids who can learn about the plants. Gardens by the bay, pasir ris Park, ecp, Admiralty Park, west coast are all more fun for pre schoolers.

I don't really see any improvement actually since I went there from 2013 onwards. More or less the same other than entrance improved after the last 3 years. But it's supposed to be botanic gardens not a park playground haha.

But it's not something worth driving down more than once.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Honestly I think it's ok. Maybe better for primary school kids who can learn about the plants. Gardens by the bay, pasir ris Park, ecp, Admiralty Park, west coast are all more fun for pre schoolers.

I don't really see any improvement actually since I went there from 2013 onwards. More or less the same other than entrance improved after the last 3 years. But it's supposed to be botanic gardens not a park playground haha.

But it's not something worth driving down more than once.

agree that its more catered towards primary sch kids rather than preschoolers. the only thing which my kids played was the water park which there are other better ones eg. Gardens by the Bay which you mentioned.

for us the main draw is actually Food for Tots where we had brunch with another family. the garden was the addon for the kids haha...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Just went there this afternoon. Water play area closed for maintenance. I think you missed one area. The Forest area IIRC. That side has another play area for kids with a trampoline and flying fox.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2

Just went there this afternoon. Water play area closed for maintenance. I think you missed one area. The Forest area IIRC. That side has another play area for kids with a trampoline and flying fox.

yeah saw from the map but didnt manage to explore as kids were crying to go home already haha... maybe when kids are older then will bring them there again. hard to find places with flying fox for kids.
↡ Advertisement