Getting City Gas Into Landed Property

therock

Already have it.

I'm talking about both solar and electric power, they are indeed safer dan using those LPG gas tanks.

my bad. maybe read more about it when i have time but quite pointless when I don't stay in landed  [sweatdrop]

So one should instead just focus on comparing the ROI of solar against electrical power.

↡ Advertisement

So one should instead just focus on comparing the ROI of solar against electrical power.

Solar power installation in Singapore is over priced (like many other products and services).  Financially it doesn't make sense as the payback is something like 15 or 20 years.  To me any thing that doesn't pay back in 3 to 5 years is not worth considering.

Solar power installation in Singapore is over priced (like many other products and services).  Financially it doesn't make sense as the payback is something like 15 or 20 years.  To me any thing that doesn't pay back in 3 to 5 years is not worth considering.

15-20 year payback period is okay but must also consider the other risks. Just off the top off my head:

1. will the system last 15 years? repair cost considered? cost of changing the storage batteries included?

2. will the house last 15 years?

3. Will the system be supplanted by new and better technologies? Any potential for upgrade?

4. What's the assumptions used for cost of electricity in the future? Are they correct?

5. 15 year investment - opportunity cost for those funds being considered?

15-20 year payback period is okay but must also consider the other risks. Just off the top off my head:

1. will the system last 15 years? repair cost considered? cost of changing the storage batteries included?

3. Will the system be supplanted by new and better technologies? Any potential for upgrade?

4. What's the assumptions used for cost of electricity in the future? Are they correct?

mai la. long ROI is a no no in Singapore. the only ones who can take long ROI is the government themselves. their prata flipping these days leaves much to be desired.

$4,700 can probably buy you 5 years worth of portable gas.

I was reading induction cooking, about how it was useful for those who cannot use gas for some reasons.

For gas heating of water for shower/bath, I also heard some negatives.

Overall, imo I'd not pay that connection fee.

There's nothing much to gain.

wah .....high flyer potential c suite material

[thumbsup]  :D

Nope, it is not worth it to bear the cost of laying gas pipes from the gate to the house if the developer has not included gas into the design. I use canisters purely for cooking.

For hot water, I have rooftop solar panels with built-in hot water storage tank. Pressure is ok. However it takes awhile for the warm water to reach the bathrooms below, so there is water wastage. Also there is added maintenance cost to clean the panels, repair rusted pipes and frame. A water pump is necessary for 3-storey houses or high-ceiling houses in order to get water to the roof-top heater and storage tank. Solar heater is still worth it if you have many members in the house, and roof access for maintenance is easy.

Another forgotten aspect of mounting anything on the roof is the increased likelihood of water leaks. If there is any hole between pipe and roof covers, rain water will follow the pipe down. The end result is a slow drip and water stain on the false ceilings below.      

• Praise 2

wah .....high flyer potential c suite material

[thumbsup]  :D

[:|]

all learned from you la sifu. all the good things i do is attributed to you.

bad things is my own fault.

Edited by Kusje

I wish aircon makers would just add a water tank so the hot air will heat up the water for the shower.

All that hot air is really wasted but air con men not smart.

http://www.hotspotenergy.com

US got. Dunno about SG. Maybe someone should bring it in.

Some smart retailer instead of complaining retail no business, retail no business please bring it in.

People instead of buying aircon and shower heater can buy just one and save on their monthly bills.

Retailers really no imagination only know how to say retail poor.

• Praise 1

Any idea if there is addition charges for 3 storey walk up for canister?

should not be chargeable lah ... still got some old houses in SG without lifts ...

anyway, some off these guys very easy going ... like the guy who changed my regulator valve yesterday ... told him we did not have $90 cash at home ... he just fixed the thing and told us to call him when we got the money and he will come and collect !!

• Praise 1

Some smart retailer instead of complaining retail no business, retail no business please bring it in.

People instead of buying aircon and shower heater can buy just one and save on their monthly bills.

Retailers really no imagination only know how to say retail poor.

So is anyone feeding their gas heaters via tanks?

What brand of heaters do you use?

If I get a home, using solar will be a nice idea.

My dream place will have a nice stream running through it and a meadow around.. saw that in a milkmaid commercial when I was a kid :)

The kids built a dam in it with rocks

Anyone recall that?

• Praise 1

Can always link cannister to gas water heater.

Juz like commercial use for cooking.

Just use electrical storage tanks, one joven 25 L tank cost about $420 without insatll work. I have 7 of those tanks.
↡ Advertisement