Engine break down with bardahl oil

JusticeCg

How Bardahl Asia Pacific do their customer service

My friends are using Bardahl Oil for our engine in the past few years and this year we stopped it.  Because two engines have break down with this oil, we took some old oil and new oil to do some test. And the result coming out is not good.
SN 5W-40 Old oil (We save some oil before we change the oil)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 13.9
CCS @ -30C, cP : 5390
Pour Point, C : -39
TBN, mg KOH/g : 6.94
Phosphorus content % : 0.073

SN 5W-40 New oil (We bought some new oil from store)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 14.36
CCS @ -30C, cP : 6350
Pour Point, C : -36
TBN, mg KOH/g : 9.31
Phosphorus content % : 0.157

With all the API standard, these two oils are in spec. However, we put 4L new oil into my engine and after running 5000km my engine alarm light is on. I go check with the repair shop about it, there are 2L oil left in the engine and the oil is extremely dark and sticky with mud. Few of my friends have this issue also, two of their engine have break down with this oil. We ask the Bardahl office what happen with their oil and they keep pushing all the response away and sent us different report about their oil don’t have any problems.  We know that if there is a problem with a single car, we can let it go and try to fix it. However, there are more cars having these problems in these few months. And the Bardahl office accidentally cc me this email below during the conversation.

To: marine yeo

Dear Marine,
Next time, remember, don’t start the conversation by denying our responsibility out right (and of course can’t admit also) and just push away our responsibility before the actual cause is identified/determined. We have to remain neutral until we know the root cause (which in many cases very difficult to determine). That’s why I said “according to the context”. Tell them that we will test the used oil samples, check our retain sample before we can conclude anything. At the same time, 顺便 tell them other possible causes that may lead to the problem.
Thanks,
See Tho

After received this email, I ask for explanation of their attitude for solving the case and the they just make up a lot of excuses to avoid the oil and the email problems. I just ask all my friends to stop using their oil. This is a very terrible experience for us and for everyone who are using their oil, they sent us a lot of fake report to prove their oil is fine but I don’t believe it. And we are not going to use this oil anymore. Please be careful while choosing your engine oil. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 2

Supercharged

My friends are using Bardahl Oil for our engine in the past few years and this year we stopped it.

Because two engines have break down with this oil

how exactly did the 2 engines "break down"?

Alot of cheap self blended oil on the market.

Both big names and obscure names are known to blend from the very same facility, just that it goes into different coloured containers with different stickers on top.

sometimes i am wondering, some workshop bring in cheap engine oil and can offer $50 for servicing package with no gimmicks. It is reliable? Some may say cheap and as long as the oil meets the required standard. but how many of you all really trust these unknown brand oil that is being used?

1st of all, have you done oil analysis for the new oil and used oil?

If yes, there is basis for complain.  Otherwise, very hard.

There could be 1,001 reasons why shit happens.

just blacklist and stop using. No point argue with them 

How Bardahl Asia Pacific do their customer service

My friends are using Bardahl Oil for our engine in the past few years and this year we stopped it.  Because two engines have break down with this oil, we took some old oil and new oil to do some test. And the result coming out is not good.
SN 5W-40 Old oil (We save some oil before we change the oil)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 13.9
CCS @ -30C, cP : 5390
Pour Point, C : -39
TBN, mg KOH/g : 6.94
Phosphorus content % : 0.073

SN 5W-40 New oil (We bought some new oil from store)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 14.36
CCS @ -30C, cP : 6350
Pour Point, C : -36
TBN, mg KOH/g : 9.31
Phosphorus content % : 0.157

With all the API standard, these two oils are in spec. However, we put 4L new oil into my engine and after running 5000km my engine alarm light is on. I go check with the repair shop about it, there are 2L oil left in the engine and the oil is extremely dark and sticky with mud. Few of my friends have this issue also, two of their engine have break down with this oil. We ask the Bardahl office what happen with their oil and they keep pushing all the response away and sent us different report about their oil don’t have any problems.  We know that if there is a problem with a single car, we can let it go and try to fix it. However, there are more cars having these problems in these few months. And the Bardahl office accidentally cc me this email below during the conversation.

To: marine yeo

Dear Marine,
Next time, remember, don’t start the conversation by denying our responsibility out right (and of course can’t admit also) and just push away our responsibility before the actual cause is identified/determined. We have to remain neutral until we know the root cause (which in many cases very difficult to determine). That’s why I said “according to the context”. Tell them that we will test the used oil samples, check our retain sample before we can conclude anything. At the same time, 顺便 tell them other possible causes that may lead to the problem.
Thanks,
See Tho

After received this email, I ask for explanation of their attitude for solving the case and the they just make up a lot of excuses to avoid the oil and the email problems. I just ask all my friends to stop using their oil. This is a very terrible experience for us and for everyone who are using their oil, they sent us a lot of fake report to prove their oil is fine but I don’t believe it. And we are not going to use this oil anymore. Please be careful while choosing your engine oil. 

sometimes i am wondering, some workshop bring in cheap engine oil and can offer $50 for servicing package with no gimmicks. It is reliable? Some may say cheap and as long as the oil meets the required standard. but how many of you all really trust these unknown brand oil that is being used?

l have been using all these $50 servicing package for my car after warranty period.Nothing happens until 10yrs coe lifes up.Or maybe I m lucky,lol..

I think if its much cheaper than market rate, we should not go to that WS. 

A poster and all his friends use an oil I have never heard of.

How come they all so smart choose to use the same oil?

:D

Just bloody go giant and buy the bloody Schnell Turtle fully synthetic 5w-40 oil and bring it to workshop of your choice

At least people tried it before and have no problems.

It’s selling at $19.90 for 4 litres now at Giant....

Just bloody go giant and buy the bloody Schnell Turtle fully synthetic 5w-40 oil and bring it to workshop of your choice

Yah lah but TS and all his friends have to be so smart

and use those little known oil.  [thumbsup]

Ya, and another brand, cheap and good. No problem at all!

Yah lah but TS and all his friends have to be so smart

and use those little known oil.  [thumbsup]

ya lor, unless its cheap. else why bother...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1