Higher security for Mycarforum

Unltd

Who are concerned with potential data loss?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to at least have https so your login credentials are secure?

• Yes, please provide a verified certificate MCF
    • No, does not bother me

Hi all, I am rather concerned that there’s no effort to protect our login. Currently. Whatever we type seems to be sent in clear and it will be quite easy to obtain both our user name and password.

I am suggesting MCF at least implements a verified SSL certificate so we have https running.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

forum without any credit card detail needs any security feature?

Actually all websites that have login feature should have SSL

• Praise 2

forum without any credit card detail needs any security feature?

considering we are asked to key in birth date, hp number (with verification), address, licence plate and nric

i think it is better to have security feature

• Praise 1

considering we are asked to key in birth date, hp number (with verification), address, licence plate and nric

You realized my account never got the yellow p for upgraded membership right... it’s mainly cause of security concerns

• Praise 1

Https only encrypt password for delivery but cannot stop one's password from being phished and used. So might as well add sms otp also, or banking token.

You dont have to key in the real one right? Edited by Ingenius

i don't really recall entering these details.

Ah ok. I'm not premium member i guess lol

• Praise 2

Hi all, I am rather concerned that there’s no effort to protect our login. Currently. Whatever we type seems to be sent in clear and it will be quite easy to obtain both our user name and password.

I am suggesting MCF at least implements a verified SSL certificate so we have https running.

Hi bro!

Thank you for the suggestion. Upgrading to HTTPS is in our pipeline, hopefully we can get it up in 1-2 weeks time!

not sure what they find out about me here will be detrimental to me elsewhere...

scratch my car? scam my insurance? I don't remember entering my IC for registration also.

If anything, I'd rather the forum require less details for sign ups, though that could bring in more school children on holidays.

i don't really recall entering these details.

Ah ok. I'm not premium member i guess lol

Me too. Think I have only email address entered.

Hi bro!

Thank you for the suggestion. Upgrading to HTTPS is in our pipeline, hopefully we can get it up in 1-2 weeks time!

Good move, it is actually not too expensive and quick to implement. Hope it gets done sooner rather than later bro. Thanks

All the non yellow p members... saying don’t remember key in sensitive details! You didn’t la.. otherwise you will have the yellow p already! Lol

Good move, it is actually not too expensive and quick to implement. Hope it gets done sooner rather than later bro SIS. Thanks

All the non yellow p members... saying don’t remember key in sensitive details! You didn’t la.. otherwise you will have the yellow p already! Lol

Corrected your sentence. hehe :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1