Winter Transfer Window Jan 2018

Picnic06-Biante15

Pai say, start one new thread for 'Winter Transfer Window' ... -_- 

So it's already 5 days in Jan 2018 and only 3 confirmed cases so far.

1.  VVD to Liverpool for £75 mil

2.  Barkley to Chelsea for £15 mil

3.  Cenk Tosun to Everton for £27mil

Unconfirmed:-

1.  PC to Barca

2.  Can to Juventus

3.  Lemar to Liverpool

4.  Kovacic to Liverpool 

:a-happy:  :a-happy: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Pai say, start one new thread for 'Winter Transfer Window' ... -_-

So it's already 5 days in Jan 2018 and only 3 confirmed cases so far.

1. VVD to Liverpool for £75 mil

2. Barkley to Chelsea for £15 mil

3. Cenk Tosun to Everton for £27mil

Unconfirmed:-

1. PC to Barca

2. Can to Juventus

3. Lemar to Liverpool

4. Kovacic to Liverpool

:a-happy::a-happy:

Many confirmed liao. Most of your rumours involve my beloved team

Rumours of Riyad Mahrez to Pool gathering momentum but Foxes boss Puel say he can only leave in the summer at the earliest. Frankly I don’t see him as a must have for Pool as they already have good wingers but I suppose the Reds may want to make a statement after losing PC so signing the 2 seasons ago POTY would make sense I suppose.

• Praise 4

Rumours of Riyad Mahrez to Pool gathering momentum but Foxes boss Puel say he can only leave in the summer at the earliest. Frankly I don’t see him as a must have for Pool as they already have good wingers but I suppose the Reds may want to make a statement after losing PC so signing the 2 seasons ago POTY would make sense I suppose.

Soton got one striker .... [sly]

Long .. :we-all-gonna-die:

Pool raid again ... :grin:

Soton got one striker .... [sly]

Long .. :we-all-gonna-die:

Pool raid again ... :grin:

I tot Pool enquired about Long 2 yr ago? Now dunno already as he's not young anymore i think.

their keeper can make it or not?

This one is strange leh.

out of nowhere came this piece, then within a day said doing medical already. And within same day, reports said LFC came out to deny...

If really happens, then Klopp should consider aubemeyang too, and look for a good African defender plus see whether got anymore of those super fast/flexible African goalies (like the WC'82 Cameroun one) or not.

Sign them all up, and Pool will become Africa's dream team already. Next year's Africa's POTY award can hold in merseyside already  [laugh]

• Praise 2

This one is strange leh.

out of nowhere came this piece, then within a day said doing medical already. And within same day, reports said LFC came out to deny...

If really happens, then Klopp should consider aubemeyang too, and look for a good African defender plus see whether got anymore of those super fast/flexible African goalies (like the WC'82 Cameroun one) or not.

Sign them all up, and Pool will become Africa's dream team already. Next year's Africa's POTY award can hold in merseyside already  [laugh]

papers need to sell mah. Pool flushed with cash = links with every wantaway forward around EPL - Mayhez, Sanchez you name it, you have it.  

Echo has already played down Mayhez. Think Echo is usually reliable. Sanchez - not even mentioned at all.   

Klopp would only buy someone if he really likes him.  He is patient but persistent.  so, I suspect Klopp wont buy another forward. I will be happy if he buys a GK to be honest.  

The forward line still boasts the likes of Mane, Firmino, Salah and ox. Solanke needs a breakthru goal and I see him as a future no. 9 for pool.   Sturridge likely to be sold but still around.  

In midfield, Coutinho's no.10 position is refillable by Ox or Lallana. No issues either.  

So, is there really a need to splash the cash now? Pool will be the chop carrot of the window if he goes out to buy.  It may be wiser to save it for another day or if Klopp can land Lemar type of players..  maybe he will spend then.  

This one is strange leh.

Then when got African Nations cup, Liverpool squad bo lang.    [laugh]

papers need to sell mah. Pool flushed with cash = links with every wantaway forward around EPL - Mayhez, Sanchez you name it, you have it.  

Echo has already played down Mayhez. Think Echo is usually reliable. Sanchez - not even mentioned at all.   

Klopp would only buy someone if he really likes him.  He is patient but persistent.  so, I suspect Klopp wont buy another forward. I will be happy if he buys a GK to be honest.  

The forward line still boasts the likes of Mane, Firmino, Salah and ox. Solanke needs a breakthru goal and I see him as a future no. 9 for pool.   Sturridge likely to be sold but still around.  

In midfield, Coutinho's no.10 position is refillable by Ox or Lallana. No issues either.  

So, is there really a need to splash the cash now? Pool will be the chop carrot of the window if he goes out to buy.  It may be wiser to save it for another day or if Klopp can land Lemar type of players..  maybe he will spend then.  

Agreed mostly.

As for the playmaker MF role, i'm not sure that Ox is ready for it yet leh. He longs to play there, but never got the chance at arsenal, so he has no experience in the position to begin with, not to mention having to do it in a team that he's only just beginning to get to know - plus filling a rather big shoe left behind by Coutinho... In fact, i worry that he's picked up faster/more from Hendo (lateral/back pass king) than from Coutinho, who does more forward and penetrative passes.

Lallana indeed is the best hope for now, but he's still rusty having been out for so long. Just hope he discovers the same form that he was in in the earlier part of last season, then at least not bad... Otherwise, Gini, Can, Hendo all not playmaker materials leh... 

Actually, is Lemar a playmaker who can attack from the middle? Otherwise, might still find it hard to control the midfield without a skilful/good MF...

Then when got African Nations cup, Liverpool squad bo lang.    [laugh]

i tot that time @osprey23 said future African Nations Cup will be played in Jun instead of Jan, so no issue liao?

Come to think of it, in 20 yr, Africans are starting to be on par with or at times, better than the Europeans. Why Asians still CMI???

Agreed mostly.

As for the playmaker MF role, i'm not sure that Ox is ready for it yet leh. He longs to play there, but never got the chance at arsenal, so he has no experience in the position to begin with, not to mention having to do it in a team that he's only just beginning to get to know - plus filling a rather big shoe left behind by Coutinho... In fact, i worry that he's picked up faster/more from Hendo (lateral/back pass king) than from Coutinho, who does more forward and penetrative passes.

Lallana indeed is the best hope for now, but he's still rusty having been out for so long. Just hope he discovers the same form that he was in in the earlier part of last season, then at least not bad... Otherwise, Gini, Can, Hendo all not playmaker materials leh... 

Actually, is Lemar a playmaker who can attack from the middle? Otherwise, might still find it hard to control the midfield without a skilful/good MF...

i tot that time @osprey23 said future African Nations Cup will be played in Jun instead of Jan, so no issue liao?

Come to think of it, in 20 yr, Africans are starting to be on par with or at times, better than the Europeans. Why Asians still CMI???

the attacking midfielder with 2 anchor midfielders is one of the variants of the midfield trio which Klopp has set up recently.  There's some measure of success as Pool's defence is tightened and the goals stop leaking at an alarming rate.  

Either that or he can play with 1 anchor DM and 2 box-to-box midfielder. Which is why he is buying keita.  So, you can easily see the midfield trio of Henderson / Can (DM) and 2 B2B midfielders in Lallana/Ox/Keita.  This single DM is slightly less defensive and more vulnerable to counters.   With VVD as one of the CB, I wont be surprised if Klopp plays this hand again. Overall, it gives slightly more penetration and variety as compared to a single AM -  which Coutinho plays perfectly cos he is so hard to catch and sees a thru pass earlier than most players.   But with Coutinho gone, Klopp may have to adjust the tactics again.  

• Praise 1

i would be lying if i say couti will not be missed.

few players like him have the confidence to dribble around pulling opponents players towards him, and of course his surgical through passes.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

i would be lying if i say couti will not be missed.

few players like him have the confidence to dribble around pulling opponents players towards him, and of course his surgical through passes.

100% we will miss Coutinho , especially with those teams that park bus and play with 5 - 4 - 1 . Only Couti have the skills to thread those thru pass in tight area . 

For teams playing open game with us , with Salah / Mane / Firmino , i think we can cope easily .

• Praise 2

Quite a few reports emerging that Man City about to offer £30mil for Alexis Sanchez esp with Jesus out for quite awhile. Will Arsenal bite?

• Praise 3

Quite a few reports emerging that Man City about to offer £30mil for Alexis Sanchez esp with Jesus out for quite awhile. Will Arsenal bite?

Only 30mil? He’s worth more than that...but I’m looking forward to seeing him stays with EPL. Hope Pep gets Ozil as well to rotate with Silva.

Dreaming is free.

Only 30mil? He’s worth more than that...but I’m looking forward to seeing him stays with EPL. Hope Pep gets Ozil as well to rotate with Silva.

Dreaming is free.

Cos he is 6mths away from end of his contract. In fact, only City will pay this kind of money and perhaps United whereas all other teams will probably wait till the summer to snap him up for free but of course free also not really true as a huge signing on package will have to be paid to free player.

Be careful what u dream for. A squad full of Internationals where only 11 can play is difficult to handle n to keep everyone happy esp in WC year, think about 18 first team players is about right and I believe City already has that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5