2016 2nd Generation Honda Freed

Blooper77

To be fair.freed does not exceed all expectations of mpv.but it fulfills most of the needs to an acceptable level.thats why it's good in my opinion.

Pro

-it is tall.good for moving small furniture and the whole bike can go in standing straight.

-3rd row seat elevated.you don't sit with your knees to your face

-1.5l. Fuel consumption ok.

-power output is quite high for its class at 118 hp.just that u need to step hard for it to really push.

-6-4 seat arrangement flexible seating

Cons

-legroom not really enough for tall people

-no boot-space

pros:

also table like dashboard haha

↡ Advertisement

i have been waiting for the new 2016 freed, wonder why the hybrid freed is not available in Singapore? because it pushed the freed into Cat B?

Autolink has Freed Hybrid....

They are one of the PI that bought in many hybrid models like Fit & Vezel, Jade Hybrid as well.

http://autolinkholdings.com.sg/newcars/shop/new-honda/honda-freed-hybrid-1-5a-g-just-selection/

BTW i happened to find this on the Internet (artist impression of the 2016 Freed), looks like a mini-StepWGN. 

http://autonetmagz.net/are-this-the-new-design-of-honda-freed-what-do-you-think/18865/2016-all-new-honda-freed/

If you read this article, the next Freed may just come with a 1.0 Turbo VTEC and as usual in JDM, there will be a Hybrid to go along.

http://paultan.org/2015/10/27/2017-honda-civic-for-europe-127-hp-1-0-litre-vtec-turbo-and-201-hp-1-5-litre-turbo-full-details/

extract - quite impression for a 1.0 litre engine churning out 200Nm of torque, somemore 3 cylinder only.

"the liquid-cooled 1.0 litre three-cylinder turbocharged VTEC engine produces 127 hp and 200 Nm of torque, which is 12 hp less than the R18Z1 1.8 litre naturally-aspirated engine it replaces, but generates 26 Nm more torque (15% increase)."

• Praise 2

i am driving a 2009 Freed today... happy with it... that's why i have my heart set on the new Freed Hybrid... same ride, friendlier to the environment. 

I spoke with the guys from Autolink... the Freed cost a bit more than the Sienta... so now, they are pushing the Sienta, not the Freed. 

My concern is the after sales, especially on the battery... and other parts. One thing to get the PI to bring it in on order, another to be ready for any spares. Also, does it need to be tested by LTA like other new models?

I read the article on the 1.0L turbo... that's on the Civic and the first market seems to be Europe. Not sure if they will be used for the Freed, even JDM.  Afterall, the Freed chassis is based on Fit/Jazz, not Civic.Furthermore.its a 2017 model... maybe launched in 2016, but still some months away

Thanks for the sharing. I probably need to talk with other PIs

• Praise 1

i am driving a 2009 Freed today... happy with it... that's why i have my heart set on the new Freed Hybrid... same ride, friendlier to the environment. 

I spoke with the guys from Autolink... the Freed cost a bit more than the Sienta... so now, they are pushing the Sienta, not the Freed. 

My concern is the after sales, especially on the battery... and other parts. One thing to get the PI to bring it in on order, another to be ready for any spares. Also, does it need to be tested by LTA like other new models?

I read the article on the 1.0L turbo... that's on the Civic and the first market seems to be Europe. Not sure if they will be used for the Freed, even JDM.  Afterall, the Freed chassis is based on Fit/Jazz, not Civic.Furthermore.its a 2017 model... maybe launched in 2016, but still some months away

the engine will be similar across the range, Honda announced 3 turbo engines few years ago. 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 litre. today 1.5 Turbo already used in StepWGN. the engine block will more or less be the same, probably tuned slightly different between a sedan/hatch versus mpv. it's strange that current Freed Hybrid cost more than Sienta Hybrid? Current Freed hybrid is not full EV...still using IMA.

But i reckon the upcoming Freed Hybrid should be full EV like Vezel Hybrid.

• Praise 1

i would suggest wait for the 2016 freed.

yes looks like there is no 1.0 litre turbo option. a bit disappointed.

Honda JP website just mentioned 2 options, 1.5NA or 1.5 hybrid.

http://sport-car.akakagemaru.info/new-car/post-6946/

Malaysia popular paultan.org website also mentioned similar config. But one thing it mentioned for the hybrid it is using the previous mild hybrid - IMA. If that is the case, then it will most likely not have EV mode. This is different from current hybrid Vezel and Odyssey. 

http://paultan.org/2016/07/11/all-new-2016-honda-freed-revealed/

Looks good but I prefer a bench middle row instead so can sit 3 but I suppose this is ideal for wheelchair bound passengers?

• Praise 5