2016 2nd Generation Honda Freed

Blooper77

when can see real car in spore?

The car will be launched in Japan on 16 Sep, so if PI fast hand fast leg, might be able to get the first unit in their showroom by late Dec. However, with 2 - 3 months needed for LTA clearance, it might be in March 2017 that we will get to see it put in our road.

And as with most Honda model of late, demand will be high and stock / allocation might be tight in the first few months after launch. This Freed is no exception basing in the interest it has gathered online.

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Looks good but I prefer a bench middle row instead so can sit 3 but I suppose this is ideal for wheelchair bound passengers?

2nd row with 2 seats is a big minus - for a compact MPV category car, effectively it seats 4 + 2 without any bootspace? with a bench can still squeeze 1 more pax hahaha

• Praise 1

2nd row with 2 seats is a big minus - for a compact MPV category car, effectively it seats 4 + 2 without any bootspace? with a bench can still squeeze 1 more pax hahaha

Agreed, that's why I never like those Captain seats in the middle row esp for this mid sized MPV cos it's a waste. At least for Ody, the 3rd row can go in 3 so not so bad but even then I prefer bench for middle row. The Jade also another middle row with 2 seats, don't know why Honda like to have this configuration.

• Praise 3

https://youtu.be/R1lGqjImt8I

there are several updates for the Freed 2016, and apparently the sliding doors are larger, making access even easier.

From the video, there are a few things i like already:

the additional storage compartments all around the driver's console

the controls on the steering wheel - i really hope those are default

the overall sleeker look externally\

keyless ignition

USB ports

seems like leg room is more generous for 2nd row

however,

the stock seats seem to be thinner than the current ones

the last row still folds upwards to the sides rather than down which makes the space cumbersome for luggages. 

can't win all

can't wait for the car to be in Singapore to see and touch!

• Praise 2

Does it have aircon for the rear 2 rows of seats?

i saw some videos that it 2+2+2, some are 2+3+2 (

)

so those that come to Sg, are which ones?

will have to wait to see what the PI brings in... from what i understand, the configs are :

2+3, 2+3+3, 2+2+3

the current version does not have aircon for the back rows... if i get it, was thinking if it makes sense to customise.

If only my old van can tong another 6 months

with the squeeze on COE, maybe renting makes sense in the mean time while we wait for the new Freed to be ready and for COE to be reasonable. 

• Praise 1