2018! Are we in recession?

Cheesey74

Growth adjusted up from 3 to 3.2%

People still say recession?

We will know soon.Jully government, the big brother employor, will annouce increment 6% plus special bonus for the rest to follow. No? then we know what we have achieved. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

we can only revisit this thread when mcf is flooded with people selling lolex cheap cheap ... lol

Probably mid 2019

Edited by Wt_know

Goal post has been shifted from 2017 to 2019.

You are entiltled to your opinion.

To me, it has never been a sitting target.

The moment you think it is, you’ll be that sitting target.

Good luck

(edited)

With the trade war in place

Timely to revisit this again

the only constant is change,

trade war or no

recession or no

life goes on

just need to find your spot

for me it the

post-131345-0-43271400-1532274034.gifpost-131345-0-17679200-1532274862.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Bad news as jobs migrate to mexico.

Will they be able to find jobs quickly.

My sympathies.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2697571-ibm-is-about-to-get-hit-with-a-massive-reorg-and-layoffs/page-3?hl=ibm

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ibm-singapore-lays-workers-its-tampines-plant

22/7/18 SINGAPORE —Hundreds of IBM Singapore employees are being laid off, amid the technology giant's global restructuring efforts.

The firm is cutting manpower from its Singapore Technology Park, a manufacturing plant at Tampines, as it is relocating manufacturing of its Power Systems product to a facility in Guadalajara, Mexico.

IBM staff and subcontractors told TODAY that at least 200 people were being laid off, and they comprised Singaporeans and foreigners working in a variety of positions. They included blue-collar workers, professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs).

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Our Ministers are measured against the top CEOs. Many CEOs were shown the doors for not achieving their Board's target. However, our ministers report back to the same ministers, so justified to continue and adjust target till they achieved. haha

• Praise 1

(edited)

in real world ... head roll or get out of the door when cannot meet kpi, below target, board no likey, etc

in fantasy world ... it's all good ... no blame culture please

Our Ministers are measured against the top CEOs. Many CEOs were shown the doors for not achieving their Board's target. However, our ministers report back to the same ministers, so justified to continue and adjust target till they achieved. haha

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

I B M used to mean, during it's heydays

I Bring Money..... 

:D

Now for employees is

I Been Makan

Globally still making money. Just that cost containment in SG seems to be a runaway situation I suppose and hence the reduction to improve the bottom line.

At least the payout should be good for one year one month if the person started with the company in 2010.

The tech giant reported better-than-expected second quarter earnings on Wednesday (July 18), with overall revenue rising by 4 per cent to US$20 billion (S$27.3 billion) — its third straight quarterly increase after nearly six years of decline.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Its not going to be too easy for the 200 odd folks to find a new job.

Shrinking industry needs means that once you are out, a change in sector might be necessary

Tough one.

I wish these folks good luck

I myself still trying hard everyday

I B M used to mean, during it's hey sio hey sio hey sio days

I Bring MonKey..... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3