Down payment - interbank transfer?

radiant00

Hi guys,

I am getting a car from a local AD, and I am about to make the payment tomorrow. I was told that I could do an inter-bank transfer instead of cheque/cashier's order, is this a standard practice?

Just want to avoid any possible traps.

Thanks,

↡ Advertisement

i have done IB transfer before, but not for downpayment, for which i used a cheque. btw my dealer was a PI. should not be a problem. 

however if you are not comfortable with it, can always go back to using cheque/cashier's order. 

IB got record and trace-able but problem is how you know that's AD account not salesperson's?

This was exactly what I worried about yesterday. But I eventually decided to go with IB before I personally going down to sign the final Sales Agreement. It appeared to go well right now.

It is more about trust of your sales person I think.

Hi guys,

I am getting a car from a local AD, and I am about to make the payment tomorrow. I was told that I could do an inter-bank transfer instead of cheque/cashier's order, is this a standard practice?

Just want to avoid any possible traps.

Thanks,

use credit card. In turn, the points can be converted to air miles and petrol voucher 

• Praise 1

use credit card. In turn, the points can be converted to air miles and petrol voucher 

Thanks, maybe I should have put myself more clearly in first place.

I have already made a $10k deposit with my credit card and that is the maximum amount allowed. I subsequently made another XXk for the balance payment, via IB transfer. It is so far so good as I already got my final sales agreement with the official receipt number for both 10K and xxK payment.

I think it is considered as mostly safe when you are dealing with AD. Not sure about PI though.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. And thanks to all.

Just to draw a conclusion to this topic :) I already got my car, everything's good.

Thanks all for the advice, and I agree with you that cheque/cashier's order is better/safer option, especially when dealing with someone you don't have 100%% trust.

• Praise 2

I usually use cheque for downpayment. Some of my friends they said some companies allow credit card. Dunno real or not.

↡ Advertisement