What camera is good in catching car scratcher

SGCMHello

Anyone has any model to recommend ?

- HD recording

- Clear recording at night or dim lighting

- Can record people scratching, of course when car is parked with engine off.

Blackvue or Thinkware better??? Or any better brand? Which model?

↡ Advertisement

- HD recording

You need more than a 2 ch camera. Blackvue, thinkware, iroad and most car dash camera only got 2 ch which is to record the front and back. To catch car scratcher, you need cameras to cover your whole car so at least 4-ch or even 6 ch. Even with 6-ch also cannot ensure that you can catch the car scratcher.

- HD recording

OH No>Of No use of those cameras<Those cant really capture if the damaged scratches were on ur door>you can try carosell or Grumtree>I think I saw a few selling such equipment to record on windows :)

the best cam to capture those scratches is the dash cam of the car parked opposite to yours

Yup. U are right. Unless the person is scratching the bonnet or boot. For sides, very difficult to capture both the scratching action and the person's face doing the act.

Have seen somebody park illegally and block walkway when I was staying at Yew Tee, car kenna long scratch, side of boot to side of bonnet. I was walking past when the guy's mother was like, "your car kenna ppl scratch leh!" The guy's face look damn sian. Funny. Got carpark don't want park.

Best way to prevent such scratching is to treat everyone with respect as you drive, don't anyhow park just to convenient yourself and don't park near walkways. 

I think a 2 ch cam is enough to deter. You can use the 2nd ch in the cabin instead of boot to see side and back. Make sure you get those blink super fast and obvious one when motion detected. My thinkware F800 pro doesn't do that. It's like always in stealth mode with dim lights. 

Alternatively you can install a few of these. It's a fake cam with blinking lights.

792967886.g_0-w_g.jpg

<script> </script>

If you do video the dude identification would still be tough, better just park the car somewhere discreet if possible.

Alternatively is to catch the guy in action :P

- HD recording

Source for 360 degrees video camera lor..

Example will be..

If install in car, where is the best spot? 

Once, when I was parking my car next to another car of the same model and colour as mine, I saw several long deep scratches running down the doors. Then next I noticed the car has car cams mounted on the front doors just behind the wing mirrors. Obviously he is a targetted victim of a serial car scratcher. Or he has enemies.

I quickly moved out from that car park to park somewhere, lest I become a victim too, due to mistaken identity.

Once, when I was parking my car next to another car of the same model and colour as mine, I saw several long deep scratches running down the doors. Then next I noticed the car has car cams mounted on the front doors just behind the wing mirrors. Obviously he is a targetted victim of a serial car scratcher. Or he has enemies.

I quickly moved out from that car park to park somewhere, lest I become a victim too, due to mistaken identity.

Any new methods in 2019 what with 360° cams, PolCams and so many other cars have dash cam?

>

Any new methods in 2019 what with 360° cams, PolCams and so many other cars have dash cam?

>

- HD recording

My advise, when you park, make sure that opposite your car are some cars facing yours.

Take down their numbers and when spotted your car being scratched, approach those cars owner for their cam recoding..   [sly]

↡ Advertisement