Mini Cooper S Clubman- 18" or 19"

Suirattigas

Was offered (attached picture) at a pretty good price for trading in my stock rims... the test drive was good with the 18" but the back passengers may find it a tad too firm.... and with 19" no sure how much firmer the ride will get

If u can live w the oredi harsh ride on the 18s, a little harsher on the 19s will make little difference.

And who cares what the backseat passengers think? They oredi kena tortured by the tight space at the back. What’s a little bit more pain?....LOL

↡ Advertisement

Nice!! Love the blue interior... well, still more engaging than ctryman haha

yes, definitely more engaging than the countryman. was looking at the countryman s but find it too expansive.

I think clubman is a more balance car within mini family, not too big (countryman) nor too small (hatchback).

it will loss some drive fun compare to the hatch but it give you higher level of comfort with more leg room in a

bigger interior.

I like it van type of rear door opening but it will be a challenge to install rear dashcam. MH will not install rear

dashcam for you. I get it done outside and installed a backup battery pack. do look for a experience installer to

install rear dashcam as it is not an easy job. you will lost your warranty if short circuit.

yes, definitely more engaging than the countryman. was looking at the countryman s but find it too expansive.

I think clubman is a more balance car within mini family, not too big (countryman) nor too small (hatchback).

it will loss some drive fun compare to the hatch but it give you higher level of comfort with more leg room in a

bigger interior.

I like it van type of rear door opening but it will be a challenge to install rear dashcam. MH will not install rear

dashcam for you. I get it done outside and installed a backup battery pack. do look for a experience installer to

install rear dashcam as it is not an easy job. you will lost your warranty if short circuit.

I started looking at ctryman. For that price didn’t quite like the driving experience.... then I look at s cooper 5door very fun. Though improved space (agst 3 doors) but still pretty cramp behind .... in the end clubman snug nicely in between these two haha

I started looking at ctryman. For that price didn’t quite like the driving experience.... then I look at s cooper 5door very fun. Though improved space (agst 3 doors) but still pretty cramp behind .... in the end clubman snug nicely in between these two haha

you are right, clubman will be a balance balance between the other 2.

are you getting your car camera from mini? MH will not install the rear cam if you are getting mini car camera.

you are right, clubman will be a balance balance between the other 2.

are you getting your car camera from mini? MH will not install the rear cam if you are getting mini car camera.

Yes am getting it done with MH since manage to get them throw in. Will be front recording only....

Yes am getting it done with MH since manage to get them throw in. Will be front recording only....

mini car cam came with the rear camera too.

take the rear camera and get it install at outside workshop. i hook on my rear camera with a backup battery at nam huat auto accessories on last sat.

mini car cam came with the rear camera too.

take the rear camera and get it install at outside workshop. i hook on my rear camera with a backup battery at nam huat auto accessories on last sat.

Thanks for the tips :)

Thanks for the tips :)

my pervious 5 drs cooper s in retrofitted 18" rim with pss. increase the fun of handling but lost in the comfort. but it is a hatchback,

so comfort is not the priority.

post-114127-0-96911500-1517300396.jpg

my current clubman s in original 18" rim with run-flat. will put ride comfort as priority for clubman.

post-114127-0-02001800-1517300687_thumb.jpg

enjoy your new ride and hv fun to join mini get away drive to Penang somewhere in may2018.

post-114127-0-12389500-1517302180_thumb.jpg

If u can live w the oredi harsh ride on the 18s, a little harsher on the 19s will make little difference.

And who cares what the backseat passengers think? They oredi kena tortured by the tight space at the back. Whatâs a little bit more pain?....LOL

Haha bro cannot la... friends or buddies would be okay... my dear old folks cannot la...

Haha bro cannot la... friends or buddies would be okay... my dear old folks cannot la...

Juz kidding bro. Enjoy ur new ride!

Hi there, Iâm getting my ride next weekend. Currently it is fitted with 18â.

Any fellow mini buddies out there fitted with 19â?

Can you share your views?

Is the ride really very much Firmer?

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

wat he said makes sense. 18's won't make much of a difference. if yr concern about yr old folks not being able to take 19, 18 won't do either. 

So an extra inch should make any difference right? Maybe I will take up that 19” and change to non run- flat when existing wears down.... thanks for all the inputs bros :)

By design, Mini steering is very sensitive, upgrading to 19" means a more amplified response, I think.

Just curious, most owners moved out of runflats after the originals are worn out? How much of that go kart feel you will lose?

By design, Mini steering is very sensitive, upgrading to 19" means a more amplified response, I think.

Just curious, most owners moved out of runflats after the originals are worn out? How much of that go kart feel you will lose?

For R56, I hate EPS. Zero road feel.

After changing to PSS, it really feel like Go Kart.

Can exit expressway at speed I can't say here with ease.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1