Newbies, post ur questions/request here

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

I'm unable to upgrade to MCF Premium Membership 

I typed in my number and clicked activate but there's only a bar with no progress.

i'm not using any ad blocker whatsoever. Can anyone help?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm unable to upgrade to MCF Premium Membership

I typed in my number and clicked activate but there's only a bar with no progress.

i'm not using any ad blocker whatsoever. Can anyone help?

Maybe Ur ses not high ... dont worry someone will help you soon.
  • Praise 1

calculate it yourself lo...

Lol. I duno how to calculate for x years leh. Or i think too much liao and its just a flat (interest * loan amt * tenure) formula?
  • Praise 1

To prevent spammers from rampaging throughout the forum, we have implemented the rule that Users with less than 10 posts will be unable to start new topics. These users will only be able to reply to others.

We understand that this could pose frustration to new members who may have a legitimate need to post new topics. So if you have such a need, post your discussion in this thread. If we deem justified, we will create a new thread for you.

Feel free to also ask any question within this thread.

Please read Mycarforum Faq For Newbies before posting.

Okay, I need some serious help as I have to decide which car to buy. I should mention that i'm a new driver and just got my license this month. i will need to do a lot of highway driving for work so I need to consider a car that is super safe and comfortable for long distance drives. I live in Dubai.

I want to buy a used car. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a safer reliable car(heard German cars are the safest), at the same time I don't want to spend a lot as I'm still a new driver and bumps and scratches will be inevitable.

I’m considering either  

1) VW Jetta 2014. Mileage 52000. Price $ 8712(warranty for one year)
2) VW Jetta 2015. Mileage 39000. Price $14021  (warranty for till Dec 2019)
3) bmw 316i 2013. Mileage 58000. Price $13599 (warranty for one year)

Can someone please help me make the best decision. Which car option is the safest, most fuel efficient and cost effective  for me?
  • Praise 1

Lol. I duno how to calculate for x years leh. Or i think too much liao and its just a flat (interest * loan amt * tenure) formula?

It's compound interest.

Formula for total to pay excluding dp =(loan amount)(1+(interest rate in %)/100)^(no.of times compounded)

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

till now have not received any gift mailed to me? Any admin/Mod can help?

finally gotta the gift pack but it didnt have the car mat inside? Any admin/Mod can assist please?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

finally gotta the gift pack but it didnt have the car mat inside? Any admin/Mod can assist please?

PM me your name and address.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Where to get BMW 2016 Grand Tourer 2 series Engine 216 Diesel parts for BRAKES PADS in Singapore. Not the Dealer.

Where to find a mechanic to install them in Singapore. Not expensive.

Thanks

Okay, I need some serious help as I have to decide which car to buy. I should mention that i'm a new driver and just got my license this month. i will need to do a lot of highway driving for work so I need to consider a car that is super safe and comfortable for long distance drives. I live in Dubai.

I want to buy a used car. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a safer reliable car(heard German cars are the safest), at the same time I don't want to spend a lot as I'm still a new driver and bumps and scratches will be inevitable.

I’m considering either  

1) VW Jetta 2014. Mileage 52000. Price $ 8712(warranty for one year)
2) VW Jetta 2015. Mileage 39000. Price $14021  (warranty for till Dec 2019)
3) bmw 316i 2013. Mileage 58000. Price $13599 (warranty for one year)

Can someone please help me make the best decision. Which car option is the safest, most fuel efficient and cost effective  for me?

Since you are a new driver, I would pick option 1. Mileage is good for the price. For cars, there is no difference in 39000 to 52000.

The engine should run the same.  Its a newer car 2014 vs the BMW for 2013. less wear and tear. For option 1 and 2, there's a 11000 miles difference for $5400 more dollars. Not worth it.  Go with Option 1. Safer and better,.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I know there are posts regarding this, but I’m in need of some confirmation. 

As with some Mazda 6’s (2010 Sport in this case), I have the Bose sound system installed and it went nuts about year ago (pops, no sound, repeated blips etc), I got so p*ssed off I pulled the fuse for the speakers.

From what I have read on this forum in the past, it may be down to the Amp sitting under the front passenger seat.  Is that about right?  

If so, am I looking at a straight replacement / repair?  

If repair, can any of you recommend a company/person (IN THE UK)? I've had a look around and the standard cost for repair is about £160. 

If replacement, where can I get one ?  (not off of ebay).  Any one know of where I could get one for sale?  should I maybe try a scrappy?

Any help would be great.  PLEASE!!!!   

Thanks

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Subject: Trying to identify the correct part - Comfort Control Module 2002 VW New Beetle 

I'm trying to buy a comfort control module for a 2002 New Beetle (see attached picture). The part number written on the part in my car is 1JM 990 799 0270 3IQ, however I've been told that this part was discontinued in 2016. I cant find one on ebay either, however I've seen many people selling 1C0959799G which has the same description of the part I'm looking for (CCM New Beetle 2002). Can anyone tell me if this part number is going to work in my car even though its different from the part number of the one currently in there

Thanks admins for helping a newbie by considering to allow this post

post-212279-0-00456700-1524497957_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jon727
  • Praise 1

Admin, please allow this post to start as a new thread.

i've been following the Ford-bashing in other online forums, and they totally deserve it for their arrogance (and denial).

That's not all...what is our local Consumer Association going to do for us owners of Ford Focus, etc (including the Volvo V40, which uses the same tranny)?!

i like to hear from forumers on their experience with this Ford-Getrag transmission.
  • Praise 2

Hi everyone,  

I would like to know anyone who has driven from Singapore to Europe and seek help and informations on planning the the trip ?

Thank you 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2