Newbies, post ur questions/request here

Laserjet

Hi, I would like to check whether it is possible to have more than 1 car with the same prefix and numbers but different suffix on the road or there are only one car with the prefix and numbers combination on the road.

Say, is it possible to have the following car plates on the road?

SDA342 E and SDA342 A

Thanks!

Edited by ChristineZAD
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, 

I am looking for the car owner of SGL515K, please let me know if anyone of you knows the owner and appreciate that you can ask him/her to get in touch with me... thanks!

Edited by ChristineZAD
  • Praise 1

Hello, I am new to the forum, and come from a renovation company. I wonder if it is okay for me to advertise on this forum. Not in the form of spam of course. Probably start a thread to see if anybody in the forum needs help or advise in regards to renovation, and to DM users who I think requires similar advice too. Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

Hi, I have a new car Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S 5D that I want to sell without COE. I would like to know whether it is possible to sell and what are the recommended websites to sell cars?  thanks

• Praise 1

HELP! HELP!

i just got into a minor accident yesterday morning with a rental car and i'm a p-plate driver. i bump into his vehicle hard and the other party's van is also rental. how should i go about it. he call his rental company and inform them and ask me to settle with them. so i called and take to them to ask for private settlement. at first they say ok but need management approval than after i wait and wait they send me a text saying the repair cost + downtime is $1200 whereby i check with my relative workshop the repair fee is only $500-$600 and the downtime is 2-3 days. i dont mind paying and i told them i will pay. i told them i need to prepare the money i cant take out now and they say i have to come and pay up the full amount than they can start the repair. is it like this? non-negotiable? after that i told them i will call them back. than after i call them back they answer than i talk to them. than the other party company say will call me back to get back to this and also wait for their management's approval. so i waited and the guy didnt call back. i called him and he was driving so i say wait till you stop driving than call me back. but in the end no call but a message "we have decided to claim you" (in short) is it like this ? i call up mine and inform them and they told me if the other party claim me i have to pay $8000 excess. is it true?

i'm a new driver and first time got into this. can someone advise me pls? really dont know what to do now.

Edited by tweek88
typo
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

200K+ Not refunded

Everybody please be cautious if you have any business with Monster Motors/Monster Shine located at 453 Tagore Industrial Ave. I have possibly fell for a shady deal when I purchased a secondhand Audi R8 from them early this year. Below is the sequence of events.

1. Early January, Monster Motors approached me seeking my interest in a "good deal" for a secondhand Audi R8 (SMF3175Z). The deal amounted to $202,282.52, which included the car, insurance and a new paint job done to the car. 
2. As I've previously dealt with Monster Motors before, with no hiccups, I agreed to the purchase price and made the payment in full by the end of January. However, due to work commitments, my presence was need overseas and couldn't be present to receive the car. Instead, I let Monster Motors hold the car for me until I was to return back to Singapore.
3. Later in February, I received a notice from Monster Motors informing me that my, newly purchased and untouched by my hands, Audi R8 had been impounded by the LTA a few days prior for having "illegal modifications to its engine".
4. As the Audi R8 had not changed hands, I requested a full refund from Monster Motors. This was when Monster Motors laid down the terms that a refund will only be processed if and when the car was released from the LTA. 
5. After months of delaying and excuses, I met with the LTA Investigation Officer in charge of my case. The IO informed me that the Audi R8 was impounded because the original chassis of the Audi R8 has been swapped with another chassis. Ultimately, he told me that the car will never be released until the original chassis has been located.
6. As of today, a lawsuit has been filed against Monster Motors and the case is currently ongoing. 

One rotten apple spoils the bunch, so does one rotten deal. Being a return customer, it pains me that one bad deal has spoilt the relationship that was built up between myself and Monster Motors for all these years. Needless to say, I will not associate my business with Monster Motors ever again once the lawsuit is concluded, regardless the outcome. I urge all of you to think twice and weigh your options before getting into bed with Monster Motors, even if it's  "good deal".

FB_IMG_1569974778707.jpg

FB_IMG_1569974789943.jpg

FB_IMG_1569974787370.jpg

FB_IMG_1569974784646.jpg

FB_IMG_1569974781658.jpg

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi I would like to be able to post on the forum to look out for Drivers that are willing to help out people with Dementia, but i can't do so due to the rule whereby i need to reply to 10 topics. Admins and Moderators would appreciate if i could get some help for this as I'm not here to spam but really to facilitate in outreaching. Thank you so much. Hope to hear from you guys.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just got my car in July 2019. My car comes with front and back camera installed but only switched on when the car engine is running. Recently someone reversed into my car and caused a minor scratch. After this episode, I would like to change my car camera to operate 24/7. I checked with C&C and they quote me $150 to $200 which I find it too expensive. Can I check if there is any 3rd workshop that provide such service to rewire the car camera to allow it to operate 24/7? What are the implications if I get a 3rd party workshop to do it instead of C&C? And usually how much is the cost to rewire the camera? 

thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi! I own a 2016 Honda Grace Hybrid EX GM4 JDM and it came fitted with the internavi premium club and ever since i've owned it (2017) ive been using bluetooth to take calls and listen to music but i've never been able to figure out how to connect carplay and make all those iphone icons (phone, google maps) appear for easier usage when im on the road. Also, the unit is in japanese and i dont speak or read japanese.  Any help regarding this would REAAAAALLY be appreciated! Thank you in advance! 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, saahirbhimani said:

Hi! I own a 2016 Honda Grace Hybrid EX GM4 JDM and it came fitted with the internavi premium club and ever since i've owned it (2017) ive been using bluetooth to take calls and listen to music but i've never been able to figure out how to connect carplay and make all those iphone icons (phone, google maps) appear for easier usage when im on the road. Also, the unit is in japanese and i dont speak or read japanese.  Any help regarding this would REAAAAALLY be appreciated! Thank you in advance! 

I think you need a cable for that

Hi Bro N Sis out there,

what is diffrence MY2018 and year of manufacture 2017, please dont laught really need advise before i talk to SA.

Many many thanks

Neutral Newbie
On 10/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, Davidtch said:

I think you need a cable for that

But it has that wireless Siri option too that I can hold to talk to Siri through my infotainment. Also, let’s say I need a cable and it isn’t possible through Bluetooth, how do I set it up? I do have a cable. (Altho everyone does it with Bluetooth) 

thanks!

9 minutes ago, Bsaahir said:

But it has that wireless Siri option too that I can hold to talk to Siri through my infotainment. Also, let’s say I need a cable and it isn’t possible through Bluetooth, how do I set it up? I do have a cable. (Altho everyone does it with Bluetooth) 

thanks!

"Carplay" will show up if it is connected whether wired or wireless.

For wired, just plug it into USB.

IMG_8791.jpg

• Praise 1

Need some advise guys. It’s my First time buying a car. 
got attracted by a 6k discount on a demo test drive car and went ahead to place a deposit. The current odometer is at around 700km.. 

but as it is a non guaranteed coe bid, I have worries that the process will be Long and by then I’m not sure how much mileage will the test drive car clock as there’s no official cap to it

kinda paranoid now, may I ask if anyone bought a demo car that turned out fine? Shld I just ignore my worries or try to ask if I can Top  up to get a new car 

↡ Advertisement