Car thefts in MSIA - unlocking car with keyless entry

ChaosMyth

Thatâs why I hide my key fob in an aluminium box when I go North

Cover how many layers of aluminum foil is the best deterrence?
↡ Advertisement

almost like wearing a helmet with tin foil to stop alien from stealing your brain thoughts like the X men ?

ha ha like that arrh?

But seriously, those what RF signal cannot penetrate aluminium? The canned food or drinks' can - are they made of aluminium?

Should make key holders or key fob with aluminium lining then surely good biz...

ha ha like that arrh?

But seriously, those what RF signal cannot penetrate aluminium? The canned food or drinks' can - are they made of aluminium?

Should make key holders or key fob with aluminium lining then surely good biz...

I am packing my luggage now and read your reply. Out of curiosity, I put my phone in the aluminum suitcase and call it.

It rings... haha

post-2022-0-78623900-1518430352_thumb.jpg

i wonder why is there a report on this even ... when your car fails in the middle of nowhere, you call the mechanic and he will tell you to leave it there. Next day just go to the workshop can already.

doesn't this tell us that car mechanic trained persons can simply make away with our cars, with or without locks ?

and not forget the repo-men !! experts !!

I am packing my luggage now and read your reply. Out of curiosity, I put my phone in the aluminum suitcase and call it.

It rings... haha

actually covering it is lppl ...

lets say it can really mask the signal ... then you cannot use also mah ....

and when you use it, you open it and same thing the signal will be broadcasted.

Edited by Ysc3

That’s why I hide my key fob in an aluminium box when I go North

Wow good idea man..

almost like wearing a helmet with tin foil to stop alien from stealing your brain thoughts like the X men ?

Like that need to source for led casing?

i wonder why is there a report on this even ... when your car fails in the middle of nowhere, you call the mechanic and he will tell you to leave it there. Next day just go to the workshop can already.

doesn't this tell us that car mechanic trained persons can simply make away with our cars, with or without locks ?

and not forget the repo-men !! experts !!

actually covering it is lppl ...

lets say it can really mask the signal ... then you cannot use also mah ....

and when you use it, you open it and same thing the signal will be broadcasted.

Maybe use our blood to activate the key fob.

Maybe that's the safest measure to protect your car. [laugh]

Maybe use our blood to activate the key fob.

Maybe that's the safest measure to protect your car. [laugh]

post-2854-0-40778100-1518450671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ysc3

has anyone tried some of those faraday bags that are sold in amazon? something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9GLNYI/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?psc=1

this is what i read from a verified purchaser -

“Works great! Key fob does not activate to door lock even when right next to it. Makes retransmission attack impossible. Here's how it works. The key fob you carry emits a radio signal when but only when you're right next to the car. Farther away the signal is too weak. But someone with a retransmission radio set can follow you away from your car. When they sit close to you their retransmission (about the size of a briefcase) radio makes the car think the key fob is right next to it. So they can just open your car and drive away. But with your key fob in the pouch the signal is completely blocked. There is no radio signal to send to your car. Attack foiled! Some car makers are phasing out key fobs because of this type of car theft. But if you use a pouch (and you make sure to put your key fob in it) they can't use that kind of attack. Problem solved! Enjoy your keyless entry!”

It rings... haha

Wah lao... then pic-jar lobang liao lor...

Dun tell me next time the remote must take out battery after use, then walk until near the car then put back battery and quickly unlock and drive off?  [sweatdrop]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

No need to wrap key in foil lah.... my fob from a major Jap make has simple instructions to press a key combination to turn it off - that means no more signals transmitted until any key is pressed again. I use it when I wash my car otherwise the key lock sensors always trigger as I caress the car body.

In Malaysia recently, I use this function to turn off the fob while eating in restaurant and car was outside.

Try read your manuals.

• Praise 1

No need to wrap key in foil lah.... my fob from a major Jap make has simple instructions to press a key combination to turn it off - that means no more signals transmitted until any key is pressed again. I use it when I wash my car otherwise the key lock sensors always trigger as I caress the car body.

In Malaysia recently, I use this function to turn off the fob while eating in restaurant and car was outside.

Try read your manuals.

wah, what make/model is this? Can share?

and press what key combination huh? 

Edited by Atrecord

wah, what make/model is this? Can share?

and press what key combination huh?

Toyota. Press down lock and press unlock twice. But i am sure other Brand have similar function Edited by t0y0ta

Toyota. Press down lock and press unlock twice. But i am sure other Brand have similar function

Is yours also keyless entry and push button on/off engine type?

tks...

↡ Advertisement