Appealing for Common Sense

alex976

When I am in box junction going straight please don't be stupid and turn your car and block my way.

Causeway is very jam do you seriously think I should queue up like everyone else? Please lah just stop your car when I want to cut in.

Please everybody just be reasonable and just do it my way.

:D

↡ Advertisement

I would like to highlight my case. Last Saturday, I went to Khatib Central to pick up my wife after she has completed her CNY shopping. My brother borrowed my car so I had to drive my L200.

It had a height of 1.95m (after installation of airport light beacons for use in within Changi Airport), i was not able to enter the MSCP located at Blk 848A as it had a height limit of 1.8m. To make matters worse, there were no space to park at the roadside or the loading & unloading lots as the road itself was congested. Thus I did not have a choice but to park at the Season Parking Lot located at Level 1 as its height limit is 2.15m. 

I came back to my vehicle with my wife to realise that I have received a fine and when i got home i proceed to file an appeal.

I am ok to have my appeal rejected but the grounds that it had been rejected is rather lacking in common sense. It was due to the fact that there is people complaining. If it was like you are a repeat offender or your vehicle is below 1.8m you can definitely park at the MSCP, i still can accept it.

I can't park anywhere else and I cant possibly ram through the height limit gantry and damage HDB's property.

From now on, I will go on foot to Khatib Central but I hope that public servants can solve problems like renovating the carpark to solve the parking problem and not resort to summons. A smart society solves the problem at the root not at the ends. 

I have since paid my fine 

You can consider writing to them to allocate some of those season parking lots to hourly parking. That might help.

• Praise 3

I would like to highlight my case. Last Saturday, I went to Khatib Central to pick up my wife after she has completed her CNY shopping. My brother borrowed my car so I had to drive my L200.

It had a height of 1.95m (after installation of airport light beacons for use in within Changi Airport), i was not able to enter the MSCP located at Blk 848A as it had a height limit of 1.8m. To make matters worse, there were no space to park at the roadside or the loading & unloading lots as the road itself was congested. Thus I did not have a choice but to park at the Season Parking Lot located at Level 1 as its height limit is 2.15m.

I came back to my vehicle with my wife to realise that I have received a fine and when i got home i proceed to file an appeal.

I am ok to have my appeal rejected but the grounds that it had been rejected is rather lacking in common sense. It was due to the fact that there is people complaining. If it was like you are a repeat offender or your vehicle is below 1.8m you can definitely park at the MSCP, i still can accept it.

I can't park anywhere else and I cant possibly ram through the height limit gantry and damage HDB's property.

From now on, I will go on foot to Khatib Central but I hope that public servants can solve problems like renovating the carpark to solve the parking problem and not resort to summons. A smart society solves the problem at the root not at the ends.

u park at season lot, u should expect the fine. since u know the height restrictions n traffic condition at the said location during CNY, then perhaps,your common sense will tell u not to drive that L200 n take public transport or choose another location for shopping?
  • Praise 4

I feel it is very unfair that people are angry with me because they don't agree with what I say.

People shouldn't be angry with me and I don't expect people to agree with me. Just always give way to me can already.

I also think people that stay in bungalows should pay less tax than people that stay in HDB.

Bungalows so ex, HDB so cheap of course people that stay in bungalows need more help. It's just so obvious.

Most people that stay in bungalows live hand to mouth ok. If all their businesses fail they will be in debt.

Most people in HDB have sayings and shouldn't get any financial help.

In fact they should pay more tax.

• Praise 1

If people agree with me then please cut queue as your time is more important.

Zebra crossing accelerate before people can cross.

Merging lane accelerate and cut off the car in front.

Box junction block those idiots turning.

I am sure thousands of drivers agree with me just not here only.

On the roads so many drive this way they all like what I say.

Just cannot say here cos a few holier than thou will flame us.

As if the people that flame us never do the same also.

My advise to threat-starter, when you use so strong words like "Common Sense" The case you are present must be so solid that the general public will agree with you.

Most of the time this fails if the case you present:

- involves only yourself

- is a very unique case at affects only you

- has a vibe of anger in it.

- asking for something that waste taxpayers money for your unique case. (eg. renovating all MSCP to cater for your height limit)

All this was presented in your case in writing of this topic, which had invited all the comments that were deemed negative to you.

I have a colleague who have an SUV with a roof box at towered his vehicle to 2m, how he deal with it? He marked out all the capparks he can and cannot go.

Picking up someone? I thought the common sense would be:

- waiting in the car, even if you parked in season parking lot

- Don't want to block others when your passenger is not ready? drive another round again until she reached.

Also, a post type in anger is a magnet for negative uncontructive comments. The best is to type it, save it as draft and let yourself cool down first. Best is see it the next day and you may laugh off and delete it or modify it to be less passive agressive.

Have a good day.

• Praise 14

Also, a post type in anger is a magnet for negative uncontructive comments. The best is to type it, save it as draft and let yourself cool down first. Best is see it the next day and you may laugh off and delete it or modify it to be less passive agressive.

Have a good day.

So thats the reason why u only posted 5000 times in 14yrs?  :XD:  

on the opposite end of the spectrum ...  may i present @kdash

happy CNY bro.. juz a joke.. cldnt resist...  [:p]

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 2

So thats the reason why u only posted 5000 times in 14yrs?  :XD:  

happy CNY bro.. juz a joke.. cldnt resist...  [:p]

hmm..... let see who has the highest post till now, you are saying these members post without thinking   [laugh]  [laugh]

hmm..... let see who has the highest post till now, you are saying these members post without thinking   [laugh]  [laugh]

i think .. if u work out the math....  you are at most a deity level forumer ...  @kdash is the god...   :omg:

• Praise 1

Parking warden acted on a complain, so there's nothing anyone can do. If don't act, then they will get it themselves. Just think of it as unfortunate lor ..... I applaud your intention not to clog up traffic around the area. But end of the day, you took a chance and got the fine. 

Like many times, I also encounter people complain about parking offences, then the warden come. There can be 10001 reasons, but fact is still --> Traffic rules are being infringed

cheers and Happy CNY. Now that you let it out, feel better liao ?? 

• Praise 3

i think .. if u work out the math....  you are at most a deity level forumer ...  @kdash is the god...   :omg:

ehh peace all... no malice intended from me... 

• Praise 1

Common sense is to buy credits for your wife to take Grab. You do not have to worry about parking and your wife can take her time to shop until song song. Win-win.

• Praise 6

it is "Just Follow Lawww..!"

actually what i suggest to you is just be the chaffeur...

drop and wait somewhere safe in car for 2 hours.. without inconvenience anyone.

then pick her up again at drop off point of shopping centre once she is done...

Thats the life of a 'slave driver'  ... [laugh]

just have to 'pay' with either own time... or own $... pick one ...

• Praise 4