Mercedes C class 2018

therock

I’m comparing base a class with base c class.

W205 is going thru facelift in its 4th production year

W177 is starting production this year.

How to compare designs from diff Era?

↡ Advertisement

W205 is going thru facelift in its 4th production year

W177 is starting production this year.

How to compare designs from diff Era?

We as customers, don’t give a rats arse about which production year daimler is in for each of its product lines. They should apply the same treatment to their higher quality products.
  • Praise 1

We as customers, don’t give a rats arse about which production year daimler is in for each of its product lines. They should apply the same treatment to their higher quality products.

Don't buy Merc.

• Dislike 1

Supersonic

All new C43

Horsepower is up by 23 while torque stays the same at 384 pound-feet.

mercedes-al-salone-di-ginevra-2018.jpg

[uPDATE, March 7] Live images from the Geneva Motor Show have been added at the beginning of the gallery, below.

After giving the lesser C-Class models a mild refresh for the 2019 model year, Mercedes is now moving higher in the hierarchy by working on the hotter C43. Although at a first glance it may look virtually the same as the outgoing version, there are quite a few changes worth mentioning. For starters, the front grille now has the familiar AMG twin louver finished in matte iridium silver while the front bumper has a pair of flics for each air vent.

Moving to the back of the car, the first change you’ll probably notice is the shape of the quad exhaust tips, which are now round instead of angular. These come with a high-gloss black finish and flank a slightly more aggressive diffuser lending the C43 an enhanced sporty vibe. Go for the optional AMG Night Package and some of the bits and pieces on the outside will come painted in a similar shiny black for an extra visual impact.

Rounding off the changes on the outside are modified LED headlights and taillights together with the new wheel designs available for the U.S.-spec model in 18- or 19-inch sizes. Mercedes points out that aside from featuring a new look, these alloys have been developed in the wind tunnel to boost aerodynamic efficiency.

2019-mercedes-amg-c43-sedan.jpg  

2019-mercedes-amg-c43-sedan.jpg

The good news continues once you open the hood to discover the upgraded biturbo 3.0-liter V6. Mercedes-AMG’s engineers have installed bigger turbochargers to increase output by 23 horsepower to 385 hp at 6,100 rpm, while torque has remained the same at 384 pound-feet (520 Newton-meters) available from 2,500 rpm.

The U.S. version of the 2019 Mercedes-AMG C43 Sedan will need an estimated 4.6 seconds to reach 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) from a standstill and will top out at an electronically governed 130 mph (209 kph). Like before, the V6 engine works together with a nine-speed automatic transmission in charge of sending output to the rear-wheel-drive-biased 4Matic AWD system.

Stepping inside, the revised cabin greets you with its fully digital 12.3-inch instrument cluster offering selectable Classic, Sport or Supersport viewing modes. As standard, the C43 comes with a 10.25-inch infotainment system and a new flat-bottomed AMG steering wheel clad in Nappa leather.

The 2019 Mercedes-AMG C43 will receive its public debut tomorrow at the Geneva Motor Show and will arrive at U.S. dealers by late this year together with the C300 in both rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations and armed with an extra 14 hp compared to the 2018 model year.

mercedes-al-salone-di-ginevra-2018.jpg

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

Latest Promotion out online

Coe charged at 32K  [:)]

Promotion at Cycle & Carriage Industries

Hotline: 6298 1818

Drive away in the C-Class now with COE charged at $32,000. 

Plus, enjoy the C-Package that consists of Enhanced CARessentials Package, attractive overtrade and more. Featuring 9G-TRONIC transmission for optimum fuel efficiency, the C-Class also comes equipped with multi-point memory seats that can be ergonomically positioned for optimum driving comfort. All without compromising on safety or convenience with Active Brake Assist and Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC. 

Visit the Mercedes-Benz Center or call 6653 2644 to book a test drive today. 

Terms and conditions apply.
For a limited period only Posted on: 31-Mar-2018

• Praise 3

(edited)

Latest Promotion out online

Coe charged at 32K [:)]

Promotion at Cycle & Carriage Industries

Hotline: 6298 1818

Drive away in the C-Class now with COE charged at $32,000.

Plus, enjoy the C-Package that consists of Enhanced CARessentials Package, attractive overtrade and more. Featuring 9G-TRONIC transmission for optimum fuel efficiency, the C-Class also comes equipped with multi-point memory seats that can be ergonomically positioned for optimum driving comfort. All without compromising on safety or convenience with Active Brake Assist and Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC.

Visit the Mercedes-Benz Center or call 6653 2644 to book a test drive today.

Terms and conditions apply. For a limited period only Posted on: 31-Mar-2018

Means it is just 5-6k rebate. Edited by camrysfe
  • Praise 1

I cannot understand some 1.8m tall drivers buying and squeezing into a tiny C class, head almost touching ceiling. To avoid that, need to lower seat and push back into 2nd row space. It’s still a squeeze.

But the better jokers are the fat fat (bui bui) tall tall type buying CLA. Classic when see them squeezing in. I smile at them, they think I admiring them, they smile back. When in fact it’s such an amusement seeing self torture of squeezing into a tiny car. They have the illusion that people admire them. ..... hahaha. Anyway, at least Daimler succeeded in helping these owners create an illusion that people admire them even though this is lowest end entry model plastic finished Benz.

Who cares, so long as the owners are happy and Daimler continue to pump money to uphold the illusion of Benz branding.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

I cannot understand some 1.8m tall drivers buying and squeezing into a tiny C class, head almost touching ceiling. To avoid that, need to lower seat and push back into 2nd row space. Itâs still a squeeze.

But the better jokers are the fat fat (bui bui) tall tall type buying CLA. Classic when see them squeezing in. I smile at them, they think I admiring them, they smile back. When in fact itâs such an amusement seeing self torture of squeezing into a tiny car. They have the illusion that people admire them. ..... hahaha. Anyway, at least Daimler succeeded in helping these owners create an illusion that people admire them even though this is lowest end entry model plastic finished Benz.

Who cares, so long as the owners are happy and Daimler continue to pump money to uphold the illusion of Benz branding.

Ppl say u sour grape den u noe

Neutral Newbie

Buy korean car. The newest models get the latest features!

I used to have a Hyundai. The drive is not sleek like Merc. Machiam rough engine parts rubbing against each other...But it's been awhile. Maybe can revisit Korean. Cheap and good ya.
  • Praise 1

I used to have a Hyundai. The drive is not sleek like Merc. Machiam rough engine parts rubbing against each other...But it's been awhile. Maybe can revisit Korean. Cheap and good ya.

Can try the Genesis brand. Expensive and good.

how long ago was this? cannot compare Hyundai to Merc la...

When was that? The Stellar and Pony days or ten years after that?

Neutral Newbie

Ya long time ago u r rite. Korean cars these days not bad. Agree that it's still no fight with top end conti cars like merc. Get what u pay for.

So recently bought a 2nd hand Touareg Hybrid. Bad luck, mileage tweaked almost 130,000km down. Gross misrepresentation, to say the least. Anyone has odometer tampering experience?

I cannot understand some 1.8m tall drivers buying and squeezing into a tiny C class, head almost touching ceiling. To avoid that, need to lower seat and push back into 2nd row space. It’s still a squeeze.

I was one of them. I absolutely cannot understand why I drove off in a C-Class (yes I am 1.8m) and eventually switched to E-Class which is sooooooooo much more comfortable front and back. In C-Class, I had to push my seat back that I doubt a larger friend of mine would feel comfortable with the knee up against the back of my seat.

At least my shorter friends have a good time in the rear seat we take longer drives in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement