Mercedes C class 2018

therock

Ya long time ago u r rite. Korean cars these days not bad. Agree that it's still no fight with top end conti cars like merc. Get what u pay for.

So recently bought a 2nd hand Touareg Hybrid. Bad luck, mileage tweaked almost 130,000km down. Gross misrepresentation, to say the least. Anyone has odometer tampering experience?

For the price of C180, 1 can get Kia Stinger 2L.  Got fight or not?

↡ Advertisement

For the price of C180, 1 can get Kia Stinger 2L. Got fight or not?

It depends what kind of ‘fight’ you are referring to. Edited by mercymercy

Twincharged

Calling @heman75

Real one or oneself label one? But still not a true AMG cause engine not built by one man. Edited by Mkl22

Not really... Used to be and I believe is still the case that S class gets the newest toys in MB's arsenal before filtering down the model lines 1 to 2 generations later. 

The a class is a completely new model whereas the c class is just a facelift. Carmakers usually new tech into lower end cars to try out its reliability and also to attract younger customers into the brand.

Supercharged

Calling @heman75

wah lao dont dont like that ley.... make me more itchy..

Real one or oneself label one? But still not a true AMG cause engine not built by one man.

doesnt matter not real AMG ... good enough for me hahha 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Hi all,

If i am looking at the C class, should i get it now or wait for the facelift in end 2018? prices quoted are not as attractive as what i thought it will be even thought the facelift is coming. prices are about same as 2 to 3 yrs ago when COE are high.  I wonder if the quoted prices are always quite constant as they have a large margin to play with. if so, it would be better to get the upcoming facelist model.

any thoughts?

Edited by Soho
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

If i am looking at the C class, should i get it now or wait for the facelift in end 2018? prices quoted are not as attractive as what i thought it will be even thought the facelift is coming. prices are about same as 2 to 3 yrs ago when COE are high.  I wonder if the quoted prices are always quite constant as they have a large margin to play with. if so, it would be better to get the upcoming facelist model.

any thoughts?

Did you go down to talk to the SE or just looked at the list price?

From what I understand from a friend who bought, there is:

1) $5k discount off the list price

2) $5k OT

3) $6k service credit

4) $8k Enhanced Package which comprises PPS, brake pads and battery change amongst other items

I think you can also bargain for a few k discount on top of the above but this subjective so price I feel is fair as the OMV is $37k for the Avantgarde model so if you work out, the margin is very reasonable for a premium brand.

• Praise 3

From what I understand from a friend who bought, there is:

2) $5k OT

3) $6k service credit

4) $8k Enhanced Package which comprises PPS, brake pads and battery change amongst other items

I think you can also bargain for a few k discount on top of the above but this subjective so price I feel is fair as the OMV is $37k for the Avantgarde model so if you work out, the margin is very reasonable for a premium brand.

As I had mentioned numerous times, Margin does not represent anything.

Factory sells to importer at OMV.

Importer sells to AD at ????

??? nobody knows. What's the amount of margin of AD is unknown.

As I had mentioned numerous times, Margin does not represent anything.

Factory sells to importer at OMV.

Importer sells to AD at ????

??? nobody knows. What's the amount of margin of AD is unknown.

I'm just trying to justify to him that the price is fair contrary to what he posted.

Margin may not be impt to you but it is to a lot of people including myself. As for the go betweens, buyer doesn't care if have to share between 2, 3 or more as I have also mentioned numerous times. Simple calculation based on the OMV and what is posted on onemotoring is sufficient for us to get a fair idea what the margin is and this is transparent and applies to all importers.

In short, I feel it's a worthwhile price to go in if this car suits your needs but the price I mentioned was before Wed's COE bid so I'm not sure if the price is still there.

• Praise 4

From what I understand from a friend who bought, there is:

2) $5k OT

3) $6k service credit

+1

The final price and the OT amount can be discussed. But someone has to pay a premium for the car. 

If it's too much, well there are other choices.. 

A MIJ Corolla / Forester has more legroom and is about half the price of this African made car .. 

In the same way, no one forces you to buy a Rolex instead of a Casio..

So YMMV..

• Praise 1

(edited)

I'm just trying to justify to him that the price is fair contrary to what he posted.

Margin may not be impt to you but it is to a lot of people including myself. As for the go betweens, buyer doesn't care if have to share between 2, 3 or more as I have also mentioned numerous times. Simple calculation based on the OMV and what is posted on onemotoring is sufficient for us to get a fair idea what the margin is and this is transparent and applies to all importers.

In short, I feel it's a worthwhile price to go in if this car suits your needs but the price I mentioned was before Wed's COE bid so I'm not sure if the price is still there.

FL C class will have 48v mild hybrid system that is still very new. Does he want to take that risk?

That should be the bigger consideration.

Margin is not important to me as I nvr buy new

Edited by Davidtch

Exactly and that's why we are always on a different page because I always buy new and hence margin is important to me cos that will give me an idea whether price is fair or not vis a vis other comparable models.

Anyway, the original post was about the price being almost same as when launched despite a facelift model coming out soon so I thought it was good for me to share what I know from a recent buyer with him on what is given and this info obviously not available unless your go down to the showroom itself. With the discounts, OT, service credits etc, seems a good buy.

What's missing from equation is equipment level.

Despite same price with higher margin, there could be more equipment throw in before introduction of FL.

an update.. the SE told me that the new facelift most prob using same engine.. new fl will have changes to front bumper, lights, rear bumper and lights, steering wheeling and centre console... invoiced price around 177k. gave my CLA 5k overtrade... but even with overtade still lowertrade in price than other AD...

the c class interior not alot of diff from my cla... but i like that merc have all safety feature comes standard.. with audi ,jag and bmw doesnt..

• Praise 1

They tend to introduce features gradually..

Keep the same price and each year add more kit ..

I just saw a few fly by on the autobahn at very high speeds .. nice

(edited)

Hi all,

any thoughts?

I know what you mean. I took a look at the numbers as I have been asked to consider switching my 1+ year old 7G C class to a 9G on current package. The reason why the list price after 5k discount seems flat despite 12k drop in COE prices over the past year is due to the VES in my view.  My 7G had a 5k CEVS rebate when I bought it while the current C Class has a 10k VES surcharge so that offsets the drop in COE. AD margin now is actually a bit lower compared to when I bought my 7G.  

The offer is tempting as my annual depreciation of 14.5k remains about the same when factoring in the face value of the more useful items under the enhanced car essential package like front (2x) and rear (1x) brake pads, battery replacement (1x) and aircon chemical wash (1x) and aircon filters (2x) that is not given under my current car essentials package. Depreciation is also kind of flat as the PARF value on the 9G is slightly higher as there is no deduction of VES rebate for the calculation of the PARF value since there is no rebate but a surcharge instead.  And yes, one gets to drive a 9G C vs a 7G.   

Edited by Halo
  • Praise 1

Bro, dont quite follow your arguments

U are planning to switch a 1 year old 7G for a new 9G

your annual depreciation for your 7G after 1 year is 14.5 k at your sale price?

What are the relative "savings" buying a new 9G now

coe drop does not quite matter, what matters is the absolute Nett price of your new car and the nett sale price of your old car and your nett

loss when u sell and the relative depr of old and new car at the same time point

actual essential package savings are limited, what matters is the actual cash discount up front

I know what you mean. I took a look at the numbers as I have been asked to consider switching my 1+ year old 7G C class to a 9G on current package. The reason why the list price after 5k discount seems flat despite 12k drop in COE prices over the past year is due to the VES in my view.  My 7G had a 5k CEVS rebate when I bought it while the current C Class has a 10k VES surcharge so that offsets the drop in COE. AD margin now is actually a bit lower compared to when I bought my 7G.  

The offer is tempting as my annual depreciation of 14.5k remains about the same when factoring in the face value of the more useful items under the enhanced car essential package like front (2x) and rear (1x) brake pads, battery replacement (1x) and aircon chemical wash (1x) and aircon filters (2x) that is not given under my current car essentials package. Depreciation is also kind of flat as the PARF value on the 9G is slightly higher as there is no deduction of VES rebate for the calculation of the PARF value since there is no rebate but a surcharge instead.  And yes, one gets to drive a 9G C vs a 7G.   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7