Mercedes C class 2018

therock

Went 2 times C&C showroom served by one specky male SE 1st time and is really bad encounter. Give the stuck up attitude which almost push me to Audi SE for their better more willing to serve attitude. Long story short , met a better more professional SE and was convinced to pen on dotted line today.

Model:

C180 187,888 with 12000 discount nett price 175,888.

Service credit 6,000 was Channel to trade in 45,000 of my old c200 which outside dealer quoted 40,000.

Got 4 year 2.68% 50%downpay.

Please advise if this was a good deal anyway?

Which year and month is your c200
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

C200 oct 2010.

No SE as the current c200 bought 2nd hand

Try to fight for more service credits bro!... i got mine at 8k without much bargaining.

You mentioned 12k discount, is it nett "effective" price of 175,888 after 6k OT and 6k service credits? Because i din heard of C&C giving "discount" other than from OT and service credits.

SE say price is 187888 so after 12k is 175888

Try to fight for more service credits bro!... i got mine at 8k without much bargaining.

You mentioned 12k discount, is it nett "effective" price of 175,888 after 6k OT and 6k service credits? Because i din heard of C&C giving "discount" other than from OT and service credits.

Yea. Usually play around with those 2 items. Perhaps its some new promo.
  • Praise 1

C200 oct 2010.

No SE as the current c200 bought 2nd hand

SE say price is 187888 so after 12k is 175888

Have to check properly or else you will have a shock when pay remaining amount and bank loan etc as these doesn't affect the money you pay at all.

Meaning your remaining amt  = 187,888 - 45,000 = 142,888*

and not 175,888 - 45,000 = 130,888

Edited by Pohtk
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys! Just signed on Wed for the new facelifted C200 Coupe (SR) AMG Line from C&C. Wana share and check with you guys if im getting a good deal.

1. Overtrade $10,000 ($6,000 + $4,000 early bird promo)

2. Service credits $8,000

3. Solar Film

4. Front and back recording camera (Logon T8)

5. C/E package plus

6. Floor mats/boot storage tray

7. Star collection 12x

I will be getting the vehicle next month. I might be the first few batches, if not the first batch to own a facelifted C&C C200 coupe on the streets! Thanks to my sales agent for the following up, making the arrangements and booking to get the deals done.

I've met a lot of agent before this and were reluctant to entertain me because of all the hassle, they rather sell ready available or otw shipments.

She was really helpful and test drove many times on the previous models. On the day of signing, she even gives me more than 30mins of test drive in the new C200 sedan, showing me all the new figures, test the new drive train (can't feel any turbo lag!) etc.... most sales won't be bothered I guess as it's already a done deal.

Overall its a pleasant experience, although its a long wait (more than 1yr!) but it definitely worth it!

If anyone wishes to get to know my agent, pm me.

Bro whos your SE?

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys! Just signed on Wed for the new facelifted C200 Coupe (SR) AMG Line from C&C. Wana share and check with you guys if im getting a good deal.

3. Solar Film

5. C/E package plus

7. Star collection 12x

I will be getting the vehicle next month. I might be the first few batches, if not the first batch to own a facelifted C&C C200 coupe on the streets! Thanks to my sales agent for the following up, making the arrangements and booking to get the deals done.

I've met a lot of agent before this and were reluctant to entertain me because of all the hassle, they rather sell ready available or otw shipments.

She was really helpful and test drove many times on the previous models. On the day of signing, she even gives me more than 30mins of test drive in the new C200 sedan, showing me all the new figures, test the new drive train (can't feel any turbo lag!) etc.... most sales won't be bothered I guess as it's already a done deal.

Overall its a pleasant experience, although its a long wait (more than 1yr!) but it definitely worth it!

Or are you the SE yourself? Lol

3. Solar Film

5. C/E package plus

7. Star collection 12x

She was really helpful and test drove many times on the previous models. On the day of signing, she even gives me more than 30mins of test drive in the new C200 sedan, showing me all the new figures, test the new drive train (can't feel any turbo lag!) etc....  most sales won't be bothered I guess as it's already a done deal.

this post is definitely written by a SE (Sale Executive , or a complete Newbie whose name is Robert that kena Carrot)

simple, cos the post left out a few key factors

1) Firstly the promo Pohtk received is very standard nothing special at all to be honest,

anyone walk in the doors of Cycle will receive the same package 

the Merc Festiva (22-24 Mar) also offer 12K OT, 6K Service Credits & COE Rebate at 39K , option 2-7 (is standard)

2) what is missing is that, Pohtk did not mention (assume that he does not know ) is the trade in price

he has to sell a car to enjoy OT, what was he driving prior? what is the price quoted by RA ?

was it a "fair price"?

the trade in price after the SE / Republic Auto can be Neg again, (if you do your homework and know the actual sale price, but lets be fair to Republic auto they do need to make 2-3K off your ride for admin charges, etc)

3) there is actually a "commission per car" from the SE (which i know but i cannot say, due to NDA), dun believe the SE cock story, i only earn $500 - $1000 from the sale. FAKE NEWS, that is only if you pay the car in FULL CASH. 

as long you take loans, decent amt, they have a good buffer. they have X amt (a few k) to play with you.

so Pohtk so call "good SE" didnt even bother to give him a bit of discount at all? - give him the full RRP of C klass?

also the loan % also fake news, it is not 60%.

the number of years can also be NEG, just ask any AMG 65 /63 owners, on average they pay $100,000 over 1 year, just to compensate and token of appreciation to their SE for the admin work. 

so Pohtk took the max number of years loand at 60% ?  is that your package? 

4) after the SE level of "discount", there is still "senior managment discount" , but that one you need to really know someone inside, either Cycle, RA or Diamler. How much they give you, is another topic

5) the discount given in option 4 can be via soft credits (service credits) or higher OT or outright discount.

6) do you know the Service credits can be converted into actual discount?

this is esp useful if you are given $8-10K service credits but you are confident that you will change car into a different brand within the next 1-2 year and will not use finish the service credits.

the above information is actually quite a "open secret" and any one in the auto sales industry or old birds who buy cars from AD can confirm are real. 

cheers!

Edited by TeamAMG69
  • Praise 5

this post is definitely written by a SE (Sale Executive , or a complete Newbie whose name is Robert that kena Carrot)

simple, cos the post left out a few key factors

1) Firstly the promo Pohtk received is very standard nothing special at all to be honest,

anyone walk in the doors of Cycle will receive the same package

the Merc Festiva (22-24 Mar) also offer 12K OT, 6K Service Credits & COE Rebate at 39K , option 2-7 (is standard)

2) what is missing is that, Pohtk did not mention (assume that he does not know ) is the trade in price

he has to sell a car to enjoy OT, what was he driving prior? what is the price quoted by RA ?

was it a "fair price"?

the trade in price after the SE / Republic Auto can be Neg again, (if you do your homework and know the actual sale price, but lets be fair to Republic auto they do need to make 2-3K off your ride for admin charges, etc)

3) there is actually a "commission per car" from the SE (which i know but i cannot say, due to NDA), dun believe the SE cock story, i only earn $500 - $1000 from the sale. FAKE NEWS, that is only if you pay the car in FULL CASH.

as long you take loans, decent amt, they have a good buffer. they have X amt (a few k) to play with you.

so Pohtk so call "good SE" didnt even bother to give him a bit of discount at all? - give him the full RRP of C klass?

also the loan % also fake news, it is not 60%.

the number of years can also be NEG, just ask any AMG 65 /63 owners, on average they pay $100,000 over 1 year, just to compensate and token of appreciation to their SE for the admin work.

so Pohtk took the max number of years loand at 60% ? is that your package?

4) after the SE level of "discount", there is still "senior managment discount" , but that one you need to really know someone inside, either Cycle, RA or Diamler. How much they give you, is another topic

5) the discount given in option 4 can be via soft credits (service credits) or higher OT or outright discount.

6) do you know the Service credits can be converted into actual discount?

this is esp useful if you are given $8-10K service credits but you are confident that you will change car into a different brand within the next 1-2 year and will not use finish the service credits.

the above information is actually quite a "open secret" and any one in the auto sales industry or old birds who buy cars from AD can confirm are real.

cheers!

1. I sign before 20th mar which is before the last coe. So the latest promo does not apply.

Also did u check the OT is for which model? Different models has different OT depending on which they wana push, thus has higher OT. For mine is coupe so tbere is no incentive to push, as its mostly small quantity or indent basis (for mine that is).

2. I din mention because i din wana too lengthy post and quite irrelevant. It depends ur car make and yr model. Mine is 9th yr plus Japanese made car.

Checked the most i can fetch is ard 17k to 19k minus off admin fees.

With the OT i got 23k total trade in price.

3. Not sure have u walk im urself or from hearsay but so far none of the sales i met give "additional" discounts off the listed price other den the trade in price they offer u.

So ur experience with them is base on previous amg 63 purchases? Its big item so naturally might have more room for negotiation. I rmb previously they do have discount for e class of the listed price due to the intro of the latest 5 series. Again the margin is diff.

Fyi i took min 50% to have those services credits.

4. Only god knows bro.. If they tell u "hey! I got 5k service credits for u after talking to my management.."... Do u believe? Take it as a pinch of salt.

6. Yes bro, i read before in the forum that it could be done but my SE said she couldn't. Firstly i feel i still need to service the new car wif c&c, so its still useful. 2ndly she is the only few agent that is "kind" enough to go through the hassle to indent the new facelfited model and follow up wif me constantly. I meet at least 3 SE after hearing my interest doesn't leave a 2nd msg. So do u walk just away for few k discount? To me its a opportunity cost. For each his own.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Thanks for sharing

For the usual C series, you are right, they dont give "straight discounts"

It is service credits and OT, the amount depending on whether it is A, B, C et and these are fixed 

Unlike some other ADs, there is little flexibility for direct discounts for C180/200 other than nego for service credits and OT, even then, the margin of nego is limited

higher end of C, and E and above, there is more flexibility because of their profit market

certainly if any bro here knows of any SE who can do otherwise for C180 their best seller, please share the contact

1. I sign before 20th mar which is before the last coe. So the latest promo does not apply.
Also did u check the OT is for which model? Different models has different OT depending on which they wana push, thus has higher OT. For mine is coupe so tbere is no incentive to push, as its mostly small quantity or indent basis (for mine that is).

2. I din mention because i din wana too lengthy post and quite irrelevant. It depends ur car make and yr model. Mine is 9th yr plus Japanese made car.
Checked the most i can fetch is ard 17k to 19k minus off admin fees.
With the OT i got 23k total trade in price.

3. Not sure have u walk im urself or from hearsay but so far none of the sales i met give "additional" discounts off the listed price other den the trade in price they offer u.
So ur experience with them is base on previous amg 63 purchases? Its big item so naturally might have more room for negotiation. I rmb previously they do have discount for e class of the listed price due to the intro of the latest 5 series. Again the margin is diff.
Fyi i took min 50% to have those services credits.

4. Only god knows bro.. If they tell u "hey! I got 5k service credits for u after talking to my management.."... Do u believe? Take it as a pinch of salt.

6. Yes bro, i read before in the forum that it could be done but my SE said she couldn't. Firstly i feel i still need to service the new car wif c&c, so its still useful. 2ndly she is the only few agent that is "kind" enough to go through the hassle to indent the new facelfited model and follow up wif me constantly. I meet at least 3 SE after hearing my interest doesn't leave a 2nd msg. So do u walk just away for few k discount? To me its a opportunity cost. For each his own.

• Praise 6

(edited)

Thanks for sharing

For the usual C series, you are right, they dont give "straight discounts"

It is service credits and OT, the amount depending on whether it is A, B, C et and these are fixed 

Unlike some other ADs, there is little flexibility for direct discounts for C180/200 other than nego for service credits and OT, even then, the margin of nego is limited

higher end of C, and E and above, there is more flexibility because of their profit market

certainly if any bro here knows of any SE who can do otherwise for C180 their best seller, please share the contact

Hi Bro,

any model, whether A, B, CLA, GLA or C180, you can ask discount one. (aka $1-2K off) after the final quote the SE give you.

Don't believe just go to any Merc chat group and ask, they will tell you can be done one. 

if you are nice, they can even tell you what additional goodies they have received, but best ask the old birds at their Merc MU in person.

cos some of them also sign NDA / dun want to share to the public 

Edited by TeamAMG69
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

https://www.caradvice.com.au/742041/2018-19-mercedes-benz-a-class-c-class-cls-recalled/

Mercedes-Benz Australia has issued a recall for the 2018 and 2019 model-year A-Class, C-Class and CLS model lines over concerns a software issue could cause vehicles to stall in stop/start traffic.

The German luxury marque reports the software in the powertrain control unit "may not operate as intended", which may also fail to illuminate the engine warning light – meaning the driver is unaware of the issue.

If the condition occurs, a reset of the control unit may occur while the vehicle is in use, which could cause the engine to not restart when the idle stop/start function is engaged.

Furthermore, Mercedes-Benz says vehicles may experience a loss in power which will cause unexpected coasting while in motion. This poses a hazard to the vehicle's occupants and other road users.

A total of 89 units across all three model lines are affected by this recall, which were sold between 22 May 2018 and 4 February 2019 – the VIN list is available here.

Owners of the affected A-Class, C-Class and CLS models will be contacted directly by the company's local division, and are advised to arrange an appointment with their local dealer for repair.

Not sure if this is the right threat...Just booked my C200 last Sunday, don't ask me the price, it was very complicated with trade in and various type of discounts...I am sure all of us are paying about the same ball park no matter how  [:p]

Initially was so overwhelmed by the model choices and options available....my heart wanted a coupe but eventually settled for a saloon due to practicability :) Test drove both 180 and 200...I am convinced the proposition of the EQ boost despite the smaller engine use....just not sure it will last or need frequent replacement like any other battery pack....any bro have the details?

Btw what is the code name of the new model? Is it W205? [:p]

Not sure if this is the right threat...Just booked my C200 last Sunday, don't ask me the price, it was very complicated with trade in and various type of discounts...I am sure all of us are paying about the same ball park no matter how [:p]

Initially was so overwhelmed by the model choices and options available....my heart wanted a coupe but eventually settled for a saloon due to practicability :) Test drove both 180 and 200...I am convinced the proposition of the EQ boost despite the smaller engine use....just not sure it will last or need frequent replacement like any other battery pack....any bro have the details?

It is still W205, the current model since 2014, perhaps 2021 you will then see W206, yours is still considered a face lift although what I heard besides the 48V EQ boosters, some 50% of parts on the entire face lift model is new

Outside looks quite sama sama from the 2014 W205

Not sure if this is the right threat...Just booked my C200 last Sunday, don't ask me the price, it was very complicated with trade in and various type of discounts...I am sure all of us are paying about the same ball park no matter how  [:p]

your SE will tell you CYCLE cover the most important 48v battery for 3 years

after that you are on your own (unless you buy extended warranty, but not sure if they cover that) 

It is still W205, the current model since 2014, perhaps 2021 you will then see W206, yours is still considered a face lift although what I heard besides the 48V EQ boosters, some 50% of parts on the entire face lift model is new

Outside looks quite sama sama from the 2014 W205

if u buy from cycle it is very obvious of the FL, the front eyes are very diff and the rear

PI front eyes looks too similar to pre FL - you need to be hardcore Mercs fanboy to tell the difference

interior a lot of improvement - but you do not get the FULL MBUX experience, half f 

but still pretty good

yes over 6500 new parts for W205 C200FL - almost like a new car 

your SE will tell you CYCLE cover the most important 48v battery for 3 years

after that you are on your own (unless you buy extended warranty, but not sure if they cover that)

if u buy from cycle it is very obvious of the FL, the front eyes are very diff and the rear

PI front eyes looks too similar to pre FL - you need to be hardcore Mercs fanboy to tell the difference

interior a lot of improvement - but you do not get the FULL MBUX experience, half f

but still pretty good

yes over 6500 new parts for W205 C200FL - almost like a new car

Yes but at the end of the day, another 2 years later there will probably be W206, then what? New new model?

(edited)

Does it mean C200 should be an option? My brother is checking C200 since his budget not enough for bmw3. if he's really keen for mercedes, should I suggest him to wait for W206?

Yes but at the end of the day, another 2 years later there will probably be W206, then what? New new model?

Edited by culp
↡ Advertisement