Mercedes C class 2018

therock

330 and 320 only 10k difference? Feel like a pricing strategy to get ppl to pay "abit" more for 330

$10k diff is a no brainer

for the longest time 320 vs 328 at least $20k apart

the diff not just the engine but also better equip

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

330i coming in May/July

330i M Sport $232,888

330i Luxury $222,888

320i coming in Nov/Dec

320i Luxury $212,888

Don’t waste time on Cycle. They bring in cars depend on the market demand which only C180 and no middle range. They don’t value customers.

Look at what C coupe changes for facelift, the real light still the same as pre facelift.

Are you PML's Salesman.? :XD:

Why dont you guys consider A4? Its much cheaper and comparable if not better than C class.

If u scroll back, some say c class more sexy. But i agree a4 is cheaper and more powerful

If u scroll back, some say c class more sexy. But i agree a4 is cheaper and more powerful

The A4 is not only more powerful and cheaper but also better much equipped.  Just need to at least upgrade those factory fitted rims....

What are the advantages of the Audi ?

Bigger and more powerful engine

Similar or larger cabin with more legroom especially in egress from the rear. Headroom is a bit better

Price - 20-30k less easily

Made in Germany

Cons?

Look at the spec sheet

Are the active safety features included for the price

Smaller wheels

OMV?

The badge is subjectively less attractive to potent Mercedes buyers

Less gears

Higher road tax

FC?

Looks like any other Audi but I guess you can say that of Mercedes too

Higher CD and wind resistance

If price was a big deal you also have the Jap and Korean choices plus the skoda and even Volvo throw in for good measure.

The current price of the A4 is indeed attractive

Let’s see if they can displace the c class from the top ten.

• Praise 1

Went back to test drive the C Class over the weekend again. This time the SE was more involved and the experience was a lot better.

The engine is still a bit noisy but I guess it is acceptable. I think the ride would be a lot better if I change out the run flats for normal tyres. That was my experience with my F10 5 series.   

Must admit that the exterior and cabin feels more luxurious than the XC 40 I was comparing against. 

I also won't deny that the 3 pointed star is very attractive to my parents too. My dad was super taken in by the auto parking feature  :XD: 

So in the end may still eat my words and get the C class. Lol.  

• Praise 1

Find it funny that people are trying to argue the case for either merc/bmw/audi

people value things differently, be it brand/looks/power/"value"/etc - one mans meat is another mans poison. 

Like another poster said, if we were to base it purely on spec sheets, many of the german brands should have died out years ago. But people like their cars for whatever reason, not wrong for them to do so. Yes, it's fun to debate semantics and try to persuade the other side, but at the end of the day, to each their own

PS. Personally, I'm a Merc fan, specifically AMG. I want the new c63s over the m3/rs4, V8 versus the market V6. But doesn't make it wrong for anyone else to want the m3 or rs4 over the c63s.

Edited by Pringo
  • Praise 4

people value things differently, be it brand/looks/power/"value"/etc - one mans meat is another mans poison. 

Like another poster said, if we were to base it purely on spec sheets, many of the german brands should have died out years ago. But people like their cars for whatever reason, not wrong for them to do so. Yes, it's fun to debate semantics and try to persuade the other side, but at the end of the day, to each their own

PS. Personally, I'm a Merc fan, specifically AMG. I want the new c63s over the m3/rs4, V8 versus the market V6. But doesn't make it wrong for anyone else to want the m3 or rs4 over the c63s.

I agree. If there is only one car that looks better, drives better, better equipped, cheapest price, more premium then the car will be the only one sold in the whole world? Of course not, to each his own on what he thinks is their own ideal car. No point trying to win anyone over. All cars have their own markets and people buying.

Agreed. I think the purpose of these forums is to share personal experiences with the purchase and ownership of the various car models. This is so that people can purchase their car with full knowledge of what they are getting for their money, and what to look out for. 

I think that most of our bros / sisters here do try to share their experience, and the suggestions about other brands / models is a good thing. Sometimes we may be focused on one particular brand / model that we forget about other brands / models that may be more suitable for us.

And if at the end of the day we decide to get a particular model, we can still come back here to share the joys and or pain of owning that particular model so that our friends here can learn! 

Neutral Newbie

330 and 320 only 10k difference? Feel like a pricing strategy to get ppl to pay "abit" more for 330

Around that pricing even for last time the C class

Bigger screen, airconvent diff, central console no more difficult to maintain piano black, the ashwood one looks better,

the 2014/2016 ones do not have electronic seats backwards etc

higher omv, but compared to previous coe prices, maybe can be better priced

at launch 2014, 190k. when coe 60k in 2015, listed around 183-185k, now coe 31-32k, listed 186k

most would think C180 is a good looking car, decent drive and worth the money for the badge and comfort and good fuel economy

That’s why cycle make use of this to price their higher
  • Praise 1

Went back to test drive the C Class over the weekend again. This time the SE was more involved and the experience was a lot better.

The engine is still a bit noisy but I guess it is acceptable. I think the ride would be a lot better if I change out the run flats for normal tyres. That was my experience with my F10 5 series.

Must admit that the exterior and cabin feels more luxurious than the XC 40 I was comparing against.

I also won't deny that the 3 pointed star is very attractive to my parents too. My dad was super taken in by the auto parking feature :XD:

So in the end may still eat my words and get the C class. Lol.

Auto parking is option or standard?
  • Praise 1

Auto parking is option or standard?

From my understanding it is standard. A lot of other safety features are options though. 

Edited by LimJunanVincent

best is to have the means to buy all 3 or change consecutively when a new model comes  [drivingcar]

they are all great cars in their own ways  

Standards in the car industry have risen across the boards

Most of the new korean/Jap cars are very comfortable and great to drive too 

• Praise 3

best is to have the means to buy all 3 or change consecutively when a new model comes [drivingcar]

they are all great cars in their own ways

Standards in the car industry have risen across the boards

Most of the new korean/Jap cars are very comfortable and great to drive too

In an ideal world i will have a garage. Inside i have m4, c63 and rs5. Then i can tell u which drives the best. HahaHaha

Time to wake up.......

• Praise 1

Only C180 is available by C&C on SGcarmart. Can anyone else confirm ? Do they still carry C200/250 ?

They are now just started selling the facelift model.

Maybe ask them when the C200/250 coming in.

Neutral Newbie

Only C180 is available by C&C on SGcarmart. Can anyone else confirm ? Do they still carry C200/250 ?

Only C180 then C45. Cycle not bringing in C200 and C300. I keep on asking the SE since they launch C class. I don’t wanna waste time and booked 330i.

Get the new 330i. Don’t waste time on cycle. Keep waiting and the COE gonna increase.

↡ Advertisement