Maxus G10 SE - The full-size MPV that goes under the radar

Heartlander

Stigma and perceptions need time to change... The problem comes when people want to force their point of view upon others..

Precisely!!! It is time for the cave dwellers to come out and smell the perfect world! I hate to be the messenger as denials would I encounter aplenty. Thankless too.

Remember that the Chinese are a resourceful lot. You do not need to wait for another 10 or 30 years like before.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I have had the chance to sit in a Maxus van before and it is quite good. Interior feels better than the jap commercial vans and lorrys. But dunno about this MPV. Never had a chance to sit in it.

Precisely!!! It is time for the cave dwellers to come out and smell the perfect world! I hate to be the messenger as denials would I encounter aplenty. Thankless too.

Remember that the Chinese are a resourceful lot. You do not need to wait for another 10 or 30 years like before.

Here we go again....

Here we go again....

Don't worry, I am not a die hard china fan. I am not really defending MIC cars per se as they are still lacking in most sectors, just voicing my frustration on the sweeping attitude of some people. 

After taking some high blood pressure medicine will be ok.

For me it’s back to the same adage. Khiang can already.... mai kay khiang. Selecting such a “unique” brand is setting oneself up for financial and metal torture. Like lala81 said. A car is to serve us and not we serve it. A MPV is a people carrier and 7-8 lives depend on it for safety and reliability. Opportunity cost is great. So why risk it.

I know you meant well to present another choice. But sorry to say that this is a shitty choice. An ancient design which dates back to the early 2000s. It never succeeded as a van and no doubt will only bring more worries

lol i only vaguely remember posting that. haha

But i dunno how well this van sells in malaysia, so maybe there's support just across the causeway.

Edited by Lala81

That's why I use the word maybe. A Toyota is always a better choice. In Singapore, I doubt anyone want to spend 138888 on a china mpv. Will you spend?

I won't and many other won't either.

Some will for sure but it's not just because of the lack of trust in MIC products.. but the lack of general interest and this results in poor resale if one plans to either upgrade or sell off for any reason.

I wouldn't mind getting a Xiaomi, which one can get a base model for 140, not $140,000.. for that price, I'll close my eyes and choose a Honda Odyssey.

• Praise 1

Are the mainlanders intelligent people? Yes.

Are they resourceful? Yes.

But what happened?

They use their brains in the wrong way.

In the consumer world, either they copy others, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the tainted milk powder.

Asbestos in Chery qq

Melted chopsticks made as noodles etc.

The world gave them many chances...

Made in china? Still ok. A lot of our electronics are made in china. What's the worst that can happen? Spoil?

An expensive motor vehicle that is from a Chinese company? 7-8 lives at stake? No way!!!!

• Praise 6

I won't and many other won't either.

Some will for sure but it's not just because of the lack of trust in MIC products.. but the lack of general interest and this results in poor resale if one plans to either upgrade or sell off for any reason.

I wouldn't mind getting a Xiaomi, which one can get a base model for 140, not $140,000.. for that price, I'll close my eyes and choose a Honda Odyssey.

Yep. The resale value really a big???

LDV is owned by SAIC, which is the largest car producer in China. Was reading an analysis article in WSJ about the fast improving quality of Chinese car makers, and one of the analyst specifically mentioned SAIC as a name to watch, having pretty close to world class levels of quality control.

SAIC is the long time partner for GM in China, and manufactures high end GM vehicles such as Cadillac, Buick etc.

They also recently reached an agreement with VW group to manufacture and distribute Audis in China.

So quality / safety should be pretty decent, but name recognition and perception of quality (which affects resale values) will probably be an issue for years.

• Praise 4

Are the mainlanders intelligent people? Yes.

Are they resourceful? Yes.

But what happened?

They use their brains in the wrong way.

In the consumer world, either they copy others, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the tainted milk powder.

Asbestos in Chery qq

Melted chopsticks made as noodles etc.

The world gave them many chances...

Made in china? Still ok. A lot of our electronics are made in china. What's the worst that can happen? Spoil?

An expensive motor vehicle that is from a Chinese company? 7-8 lives at stake? No way!!!!

Just gentle reminder... takata airbags anyone?

BMW issued recalls over over heating issue..

Gm issued recalls over wiring issue..

Becoz those countries where the recall is issued.. the maker is scared of action suits.. I always wonder why they r not scared of it here? Don’t we have the most expensive cars in the world? Where did the money go to? Why r our rights not protected?

Wanna try Mic cars? Yea...whatever

• Praise 1

LDV is owned by SAIC, which is the largest car producer in China. Was reading an analysis article in WSJ about the fast improving quality of Chinese car makers, and one of the analyst specifically mentioned SAIC as a name to watch, having pretty close to world class levels of quality control.

SAIC is the long time partner for GM in China, and manufactures high end GM vehicles such as Cadillac, Buick etc.

They also recently reached an agreement with VW group to manufacture and distribute Audis in China.

So quality / safety should be pretty decent, but name recognition and perception of quality (which affects resale values) will probably be an issue for years.

JD power press release quantifies improvements in Chinese vehicles.

"The new-vehicle quality gap between Chinese domestic brands and international brands is 13 PP100 (problems per 100 vehicles) in 2017, which marks the seventh consecutive year of a narrowing gap, according to the J.D. Power 2017 China Initial Quality StudySM (IQS). The gap between the two segments has narrowed dramatically since J.D. Power first launched its Initial Quality Study in China in 2000, when the gap was 396 PP100."

Note that SAIC is one of the best in quality amongst the Chinese players.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/jd-power-2017-china-initial-quality-study

lol i only vaguely remember posting that. haha

But i dunno how well this van sells in malaysia, so maybe there's support just across the causeway.

Very rare across the causeway

Rarer than Chery eastar or V5 or sth(2.4L. MPV)

Edited by Brass

Because they think they can flog a dead horse to revive it.

As shown with Mitsubishi.

But failed with proton

It's a gamble. However they do have the financial resources to do it. Who knows this brand may be the next cash cow for cnc Edited by RogerNg_185295

I remembered seeing this car at last year's motorshow. I did went and seat inside. It was spacious and higher driving position. Interior finish was ok. Sound insulation was poor. Close door, still hear noises from ppl just outside the door. Cant imagine the road noise.

But for the price, it was good. And when i say spacious, it is really spacious for ppl up to 1.92m. I could seat comfortably in the third row.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9