Maxus G10 SE - The full-size MPV that goes under the radar

Heartlander

i see a maxus van parked at a roadside almost everyday when i go jogging.

i seriously will not consider it even with all the aesthetic plastic added on.

Its after all, still a van like a starex.

But for commercial use purposes like a PA, others might think differently.

↡ Advertisement

I think we know your stance already, 

Really? Are you sure? Then stop posting general comments lah. I am not really a provocateur kind of person. But I can't stand things that do not make sense.

I hope Lala81 do not take my comments personally as it is more targeted at a certain sector, and not him in particular.

Maybe there should be a pinup on what topics to avoid unhappiness for newbies. Anyway I will not be wasting my breath and time here any more. Happy bashing.

i see a maxus van parked at a roadside almost everyday when i go jogging.

i seriously will not consider it even with all the aesthetic plastic added on.

Its after all, still a van like a starex.

But for commercial use purposes like a PA, others might think differently.

But of course there will be some who say Starex is hideous. Then I have nothing to say.

• Praise 1

Too bad $140k cannot get you a Odyssey nowadays. Easily close to $160k for the cheaper variant.

Even for now there are some among us who still think china phones are.trash. But if you have own one recently, you will know it is definitely comparable to the likes of LG and Samsung phones, and much cheaper. I have owned Mi Max, and got 2 sets of Mi A1 for my kids, definitely quite satisfied with the user experience..Beside camera not so good, nothing to feel lacking compare to the S8+ that my wife has.

I would think likewise in the car sector. Right now they are producing cars for VW, GM, and the like, and picking up experience in making their own cars. If the MIC cars are so bad, you think they will sell in such numbers in China like now? You think the mainlander buy all the MIC cars to suffer breakdown and inconveniences on top of safety hazards when they can get other locally assembled foreign brands for a little more? Or you think there are many foolish people over there who has no regards for the safety of their dear ones haha?

That's true, the base Odyssey is 150k.

my last few phones were also Xiaomi. I can attest that they work well too. Damn even my power bank is fr Xiaomi. I am not focusing on the reliability here of MIC products but the overall perceived resale value.

Imagine selling a Maxus g10 and Odyssey after 3,5 or 7 years and I think its indisputable that there will be better resale for the Odyssey? Not forgetting the ease of getting parts. Ask those who got the QQ then and they will tell you how tough it was then when things fell apart.

That's true, the base Odyssey is 150k.

my last few phones were also Xiaomi. I can attest that they work well too. Damn even my power bank is fr Xiaomi. I am not focusing on the reliability here of MIC products but the overall perceived resale value.

Imagine selling a Maxus g10 and Odyssey after 3,5 or 7 years and I think its indisputable that there will be better resale for the Odyssey? Not forgetting the ease of getting parts. Ask those who got the QQ then and they will tell you how tough it was then when things fell apart.

The dealer for qq that time was vertex auto. Close shop already

Really? Are you sure? Then stop posting general comments lah. I am not really a provocateur kind of person. But I can't stand things that do not make sense.

I hope Lala81 do not take my comments personally as it is more targeted at a certain sector, and not him in particular.

Maybe there should be a pinup on what topics to avoid unhappiness for newbies.

Anyway I will not be wasting my breath and time here any more.

Happy bashing.

But of course there will be some who say Starex is hideous. Then I have nothing to say.

I hv the same observation as well that this chap likes to post general comments that has no value, as gd as not saying any at all. More like trying to clock posts, can still feedbk forum got no 口德 in other threads. What a joke

Ok bk to topic. This is just a people mover car. It was showcased in the motor show earlier this yr b4 the main entrance where we do not need to purchase tickets & one can get to view it.

It has the usual bits to make consumers feel gd & forgot that it is a MIC car. Being still a MIC car, there will be some tiny old-skool bits that a regular car owner can pick up. Well we cant expect the most trendy stuff in a budget carrier.

Drivewise, personally I m not too sure but the van version is diesel if I m not wrong, is more well received simply due to operating cost in businesses. Period. All I can say, interior, asthetic, design etc is just decent, while trying to make owners hv a feel-gd factor.

Of course, for those who wont consider MIC cars at all, nothing wrong. It is afterall a personal choice or business choice. Fair comparison should apply if there is any. Equipment level of this car should not be compared to Vellfire or Alphard for ie.

For C&C, I dun think any distributor will bring in a model & yet dun mkt it & dun produce results. If so, why even do it in the first place, correct? C&C must hv done their homework b4 embarking on a business decision to represent it. I dun think after-sales will be an issue from an AD like C&C (other neg experiences fr C&C aside ok?). Maxus is represented by C&C in msia as well. Thou not common, more sightings in msia than in sgp.

As for being tested & proven, C&C is using this Maxus brand as their shuttle buses to ferry their customers. I think some mcfers here hv also enlightened us on the mfg too.

Lay eveything on table. Wanna bang also bang table. Never OT, friendship never-end. Cheers!

• Praise 2

The dealer for qq that time was vertex auto. Close shop already

Vertex close shop?! What a joke coming fr a goon. Even we close shop, Vertex still kickin alive!

Cannot compare leh.

I'm not saying MIC is trash. They make so many of the private transport buses cos they are cheaper.

Come to think of it, s

hould we not be boycotting them since we value the safety of our family and love ones so much? MIC cars = safety hazards, remember? So are you an hypocrite for preaching one thing and doing another thing?

And why are these buses being chosen to haul people up North? Should not reliability be a bigger consideration for the big bosses of the coach companies? Imagine if the buses breakdown half way from Singapore to KL, which they should since they are not reliable and there will not be enough spare parts to repair them, then we will be dealing with many lifes being disrupted by the breakdown and the coach companies losing face! Oh the coach companies are really in deep shit now!

But a car or a van is an amalgamation of like thousands of mechanical parts. Betting on mechanical reliability of a model that is a tiny volume seller here in a tiny market...

So the MIC cars are being stranded everywhere in China now due to reliability issues? How sad?! This is really generalisation and fear mongering at its best. [thumbsup]

Sure it maybe doable if you are well versed in getting online Chinese stockists to ship parts over and u can afford downtime. Meanwhile there are many other relatively affordable B&B 7 seaters.

U so sure C&C is not stocking up the necessary spare parts with their experience in the automotive industry and financial power? Or you think they are hiding at one corner hoping nobody will realise the launch of this model? This is a local company with proven record managing premium car brand like Mercedes leh, not some unknown setup.

U want to be the leader of the pack then realize the headwinds are strongest at the front lor. And most consumers are naturally risk adverse unless the value proposition is so great just like the tin can cherry qq.

Definitely. C&C is taking some gamble in brining in this model, and I am sure it must have done extra hard to make it work. To me it would be good if it has a fleet management arm that uses this ride extensively to demonstrate the reliability and rid people of this fear on spare parts availability. That would be the best way to convince all the doomsayers that the latest MIC cars have nothing to be afraid of.

To be frank I also never like MIC cars like Chery whatever and Hafei. But I find this G10 quite acceptable in design, as similar to Starex, which had been echoed many times in reviews. I am sure if you remove the G10 badge and put a MIK brand there it will not look out of place. But of course there will be some who say Starex is hideous. Then I have nothing to say.

âI can't wait for a MIC car with 5-star crash test result to be launched here, and see what people here have to say about the safety of the cars.

It's one model. I do remind u that c&c withdrew an entire brand in Mitsubishi for almost 4 to 5 years when they thought its not worth their time.

What's one model?

Anyway those who are looking at starex can surely consider this 冷门 car.

Just that with our small families, ubiquity of uber grab taxis etc, it's a miniscule segment in a very small market already.

Edited by Lala81

Ya. it is indeed a understated car. The specification looks good too.

I like the suspension, rear five links or Nivomat.  Impressive indeed.

[thumbsup] 

Just go buy a used Previa/Estima and change out all the wear/tear bits. Better and prob. cheaper than buying a brand new one of these.  Whoever says otherwise prob works for C&C.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

I remember the spare parts supply for Chery or Geely were controlled by the brand's AD.

Workshops shuddered to touch these cars as the prices of parts were sky high.

Not sure about the situation now, but I'm guessing CnC will have the same modus operandi with this Maxus brand.

Unless you know how to order Maxus parts from Taobao, otherwise be prepared to be a shiny carrot head top when you need parts replacement.

With low population, not many stockists would want to bring in this brand of parts as well.

I remember the spare parts supply for Chery or Geely were controlled by the brand's AD.

Workshops shuddered to touch these cars as the prices of parts were sky high.

Not sure about the situation now, but I'm guessing CnC will have the same modus operandi with this Maxus brand.

Unless you know how to order Maxus parts from Taobao, otherwise be prepared to be a shiny carrot head top when you need parts replacement.

With low population, not many stockists would want to bring in this brand of parts as well.

I think this will not be an issue for those who want to do their servicing n repairs with cnc for the life of the mpv

talk is free. why not you lead the way and prove that the bias is not true?

Being unique and special and not following the herd, sometimes end up with a much higher opportunity cost. of course there are exceptions. But the probability of such cars failing or  the lack of parts is much higher than a toyota for example.

A MPV is utility vehicle you need it to be up and running most of the time. cause if its down for repairs, up to 8 people end up being inconvenienced. Compare with a lotus elise which likely a 2nd/Spare car with a much more limited use and can afford to be down for repairs.

140/150K isnt that cheap. you can get a toyota Noah 8 seater for 130k. i dare say parts are easier to come by.

Of course the money is yours and everyone is free to choose whatever they want. but the objective of such a forum is to highlight and warn if necessary. i have had a French van before. never again will i ever buy anything French.

Talk is free yes. I am not bias. The fact is that I am not interested in China cars but that does not mean I will thumb it down. Last time Korean cars also weak but it improve and I am not a fan of Korean cars either. Don't always see things in one way, nothing is fluid, things changes, improves. You think it is no good but others may give it a try.  

Perhaps you will buy one?

No coz no interest in China cars lah.

• Praise 1

Finally advertised in newspaper. Priced from $135,888 after launch discounts.

post-101253-0-50605400-1519445673_thumb.jpg

Just to add info on the Novimat self-levelling suspension setup from Germany. Quite impressive. Found in many Volvo cars. 

https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10024/what-are-nivomat-shocks-and-does-my-volvo-have-them

Edited by Heartlander

Finally advertised in newspaper. Priced from $135,888 after launch discounts.

Maxus G10SE.jpg

Just to add info on the Novimat self-levelling suspension setup from Germany. Quite impressive. Found in many Volvo cars.

https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10024/what-are-nivomat-shocks-and-does-my-volvo-have-them

Previously they also advertised but only at the classified and one small corner.

Today is one big section of the papers.

↡ Advertisement