New rims and tyres!

Axela525

Anyone heard of Wedsport or MAK rims? Which shops carry them?

Wedsport tc105 very popular.

MAK i dun know

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

LS Tyres and Yap Brothers carries wedssport rims. Both located at Paya Ubi industrial park.

Hankook Tyre Singapore carries MAK rims. Located at kaki Bukit.

Hope this helps!

Wedsports local AD is Stamford tyres. Just ask them to quote for the model/specs you want.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, shutterbox said:

Wedsport rims, are they suitable for heavy SUVs that run tyres typically rated at 99V?

better ask to seller , otherwise some wheels has this information marked on the wheel itself, you are correct to be cautious about the Weight of your Vehicle.

your 99V does not indicate your weight of the car FYI

7 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

better ask to seller , otherwise some wheels has this information marked on the wheel itself, you are correct to be cautious about the Weight of your Vehicle.

your 99V does not indicate your weight of the car FYI

At load index of 99, my guess is the SUV close to 2 tonne.

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

At load index of 99, my guess is the SUV close to 2 tonne.

i supposed you got this from your Original tire 99V ?  2000kg is without Passengers and luggage,

assuming Max 7 pax x 60kg = 420kg plus 150kg so total 2420kg.

tire Load index 99 = 775kg per wheel total 4 = 3100kg 

just sharing only.

do check the wheels before you buy . over loading the wheel may cause serious problem. 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, shutterbox said:

@inlinesix @Roberttan 

Verified again, my tyres at 98V.

also, ask seller, seller sure say "can can" or "go online check".

wedsport page shows weight of rim itself, but not the loading.

OK , SO CHECK ON THE WHEELS ITSELF , otherwise can check with manufacturers , i am sure they are wiling to share it.

• Praise 1

What is the alternative tyre profile for 185 55 16? Intending to change to 16 x 7 rim but tyre shop say not recommended to use 185 55 16

11 minutes ago, Raubern said:

What is the alternative tyre profile for 185 55 16? Intending to change to 16 x 7 rim but tyre shop say not recommended to use 185 55 16

I feel 205 for 7' rim is min width already.

Twincharged
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Raubern said:

I assume orig size is 185/55/16? and typical rim width is 5-6.5"

16x7 cause you like the design? What car and orig offset? 
I’m guessing Honda jazz. 
If so then take note of the offset. 

Edited by Mkl22

Honda Jazz GK. Currently on stock wheels. Eyeing a set of Type R design rims, specs 16x7 offset 42. Tyre shop said use 205 50 16 if you have no intention to lower your ride as it is the closest to stock 185 55 16 tyres

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Raubern said:

Honda Jazz GK. Currently on stock wheels. Eyeing a set of Type R design rims, specs 16x7 offset 42. Tyre shop said use 205 50 16 if you have no intention to lower your ride as it is the closest to stock 185 55 16 tyres

205/50/16 should be fine on 16x7 +42 on a jazz. you can double check on https://www.enkei.co.jp/product/matching/ website and choose FIT GK3. they will list recommended rims. the closest rim is 17x7 +43 with a 195/45/17 tire. ignore the 16 vs 17, we just want to look at how much it protrudes. yours will just bit that little bit wider and closer to the outer fender.ie 1mm and the 205 tire. but it also depends on the brand and model of the 205/50R16. some 205 run wider.

have seen too many poorly recommended rims for Jazz GK with the front tires and rim protruding out.

Not all tire shops know better. in fact i would say a majority are clueless and just want to sell.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement