New rims and tyres!

Axela525

Turbocharged
(edited)

Any cheap-good tyre shops in Bukit Batok, Toh Guan, Yew Tee Industrial, Sungei Kadut area to recommend?

Thinking of replacing tyres for size 215/60/R16

Are Poh Heng and Soh Bros at AMK still the hot favourite?

Edited by Albeniz

Tried Al tyres?

Any cheap-good tyre shops in Bukit Batok, Toh Guan, Yew Tee Industrial, Sungei Kadut area to recommend?

I finally bought the wheels of my dreams))) Now you can rate my BMW 6 series Gran Coupe.

b97b53176cc2aba992ce7700c3aa29a9.jpg841c70a4b641c714b014e48c3063fd7a.jpg

This is Motion Wheels MM119 forged. By the way, this is a unique color. Specially ordered. It looks very beautiful, especially in the sun. I like it. What do you say? Interested in your opinions.

• Praise 2

AL - fast, cheap, good. Hahaha

I beg to differ. Ever since my last fk up experience from their Ubi outlet. I won’t recommend ppl to go there ever again. Last place on Earth I would even recommend. Anyway long story.. There are other tyre shops which are far better in my opinion. No offence to those who supported their shop.

• Praise 3

I finally bought the wheels of my dreams))) Now you can rate my BMW 6 series Gran Coupe.

This is Motion Wheels MM119 forged. By the way, this is a unique color. Specially ordered. It looks very beautiful, especially in the sun. I like it. What do you say? Interested in your opinions.

look damn fierce.

but i think damn hard to wash also  :XD:

look damn fierce.

but i think damn hard to wash also :XD:

Spokes like spider leg.

Maybe Peter will like it.

Edited by Hamburger

Turbocharged

Just changed a new set of 215/60/r16 tyres at Soh Brothers this morning.

Yokohama BluEarh ES32 price is $110 each tyre, sharing the price just in case you are interested.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

The other day I found a nail in my front tyre, and managed to limp to a tyre shop in loyang intending to do a tyre plug. But the mechanic told me that the tyre was old and cracked and couldn't be plugged. Since about time to change tyres anyway, opted to change all.

Tyres never changed since rolling out of AD new in May 2016, current mileage 47k+ km. Except one tyre, which was replaced in July 2017 due to complete burst - by now should have clocked 30k+ km or so.

Previously using CC5, I was quoted $420 for CPC5 (185/65 R15). Then the mechanic told me and showed me that the stock rim had denting, and said that this can damage the new tyres and recommended to change new rims. Honestly to my noobie eyes I cannot really see the dents. Anyway in the end I have changed to new SSW 332 15" rims, and the final price I was charged $800 (i.e. $380 for the rims).

My first time changing whole tyre set and aftermarket rims. Just want to ask:

1) For $800 new tyres+rims, did I get chopped carrot?

2) Re: the tyre too old to be plugged, is that true?

3) Re: the stock rim dented will cause damage to the new tyres, is that true or was it just a fear mongering sales pitch? I reiterate I could not see any obvious dents.

post-211521-0-66818800-1556728358_thumb.jpg

The other day I found a nail in my front tyre, and managed to limp to a tyre shop in loyang intending to do a tyre plug. But the mechanic told me that the tyre was old and cracked and couldn't be plugged. Since about time to change tyres anyway, opted to change all.

Tyres never changed since rolling out of AD new in May 2016, current mileage 47k+ km. Except one tyre, which was replaced in July 2017 due to complete burst - by now should have clocked 30k+ km or so.

Previously using CC5, I was quoted $420 for CPC5 (185/65 R15). Then the mechanic told me and showed me that the stock rim had denting, and said that this can damage the new tyres and recommended to change new rims. Honestly to my noobie eyes I cannot really see the dents. Anyway in the end I have changed to new SSW 332 15" rims, and the final price I was charged $800 (i.e. $380 for the rims).

3) Re: the stock rim dented will cause damage to the new tyres, is that true or was it just a fear mongering sales pitch? I reiterate I could not see any obvious dents.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190501_152934_HDR.jpg

let me share my personal views

old tire couldn't be plugged ?

2)Yes , to do a Hole plug is simple but can the Plug repaired last and Safe to use is  Important , hardened (very old like more than 5 yrs)

when service provider gave you advice you can always ask for reason , from his explanations  try to understand does it make sense or Logic. or just sales talk.

hardened tire crack easily thus especially when they have to Use FORCE to push in the whole tool with the sticky worms it sometime make the hole bigger or tear, mostly the plug will leak again in the near future.

1)$800 new tires and rim= chop ?  no comment. (to be is sounds good buy)

BUT if your wheels changed is not necessary will be Bad deal.

3)any dented wheels can cause some issue to connected parts like tire , suspension system , wheels bearing  or vibration etc,

when the workshop mentioned your wheel dented , can just ask politely can you show me how the see the dented part ? (if he can see I supposed we all also can see) even they use any  x-ray machine they can still show you from the screen ?

Most simple way is ask to show you on the Wheel on Wheel balancing Machine .(is it truth that some dent cant be seen by eye vision.

MHO

Tyres never changed since rolling out of AD new in May 2016, current mileage 47k+ km. Except one tyre, which was replaced in July 2017 due to complete burst - by now should have clocked 30k+ km or so.

IMG_20190501_152934_HDR.jpg

Stamford?

thanks for your views! [thumbsup]

To be fair my tyres were getting old, 3 years old and 47k+ km mileage, can see it is worn and look a bit cracked.

He did show me the dent by spinning the wheel on some machine(?) but to my own eyes I can't tell. Maybe blame it on my inexperience.

let me share my personal views

old tire couldn't be plugged ?

2)Yes , to do a Hole plug is simple but can the Plug repaired last and Safe to use is  Important , hardened (very old like more than 5 yrs)

when service provider gave you advice you can always ask for reason , from his explanations  try to understand does it make sense or Logic. or just sales talk.

hardened tire crack easily thus especially when they have to Use FORCE to push in the whole tool with the sticky worms it sometime make the hole bigger or tear, mostly the plug will leak again in the near future.

1)$800 new tires and rim= chop ?  no comment. (to be is sounds good buy)

BUT if your wheels changed is not necessary will be Bad deal.

3)any dented wheels can cause some issue to connected parts like tire , suspension system , wheels bearing  or vibration etc,

when the workshop mentioned your wheel dented , can just ask politely can you show me how the see the dented part ? (if he can see I supposed we all also can see) even they use any  x-ray machine they can still show you from the screen ?

Most simple way is ask to show you on the Wheel on Wheel balancing Machine .(is it truth that some dent cant be seen by eye vision.

MHO

yes sir

Stamford?

(edited)

thanks for your views! [thumbsup]

To be fair my tyres were getting old, 3 years old and 47k+ km mileage, can see it is worn and look a bit cracked.

He did show me the dent by spinning the wheel on some machine(?) but to my own eyes I can't tell. Maybe blame it on my inexperience.

yes sir

1 set of tyres use 50k is reasonable ba.

can patch or cannot got no choice only to trust them.

15'rims and tyres $800 is slightly more expensive ,

but i wont say kenna carrot also .

(rims cheap, tyres expensive, )

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2