New rims and tyres!

Axela525

thanks for your views! [thumbsup]

To be fair my tyres were getting old, 3 years old and 47k+ km mileage, can see it is worn and look a bit cracked.

He did show me the dent by spinning the wheel on some machine(?) but to my own eyes I can't tell. Maybe blame it on my inexperience.

yes sir

average in Sg is 2 years with 40k to 50k km  

god that they show you on the machine , but you should have ask to show how to see the dent.

↡ Advertisement

I just had another thought. The shop did not return my stock rims to me - even if it is damaged and not usable anymore, shouldn't there be some scrap value? @Roberttan your thoughts too if I may bother you

1 set of tyres use 50k is reasonable ba.

can patch or cannot got no choice only to trust them.

15'rims and tyres $800 is slightly more expensive ,

but i wont say kenna carrot also .

(rims cheap, tyres expensive, )

I just had another thought. The shop did not return my stock rims to me - even if it is damaged and not usable anymore, shouldn't there be some scrap value? @Roberttan your thoughts too if I may bother you

4 PCS 15  rims, say aluminum, sell kalanguni i think 50 buks nia la, not worth much . 

Ah I see, usually ppl mention trade-in value when talking about changing rims/tyres. I guess that pertains more to tyres than the rim itself?

4 PCS 15  rims, say aluminum, sell kalanguni i think 50 buks nia la, not worth much . 

Ah I see, usually ppl mention trade-in value when talking about changing rims/tyres. I guess that pertains more to tyres than the rim itself?

stock rims very very low trade in value even when new out of show rooms

(unless special AMG  etc etc )

not to mention u got 1 pcs damage, 

and if i am not wrong( very long never go stamford already )

they dun do trade in regradless how new your tyres or rim is 

but that loyang stamford behind got a caltax station,

got a tyres shop inside sell rims also.

i think that uncle got do abit of trade in.

next time if u got chance can go try . 

Thanks for the tip! can't praise you yet..

(unless special AMG  etc etc )

(unless special AMG etc etc )

You meant Lokyang Stamford cause AFAIK Loyang Stamford there's no petrol station around there.

(edited)

You meant Lokyang Stamford cause AFAIK Loyang Stamford there's no petrol station around there.

its behind, lokyang way go to the end turn left to nissan AD then turn left again .

the aye filter lane there before the roundabout got 1 caltax station.

Caltex Jln Ahmad Ibrahim

inside got a tyreshop. sell various type of tyres.

used rim/tyres set also.

(i dun remember the name, enghock??)

Edited by Beregond

NO  COMMENT for not return your stock rim to you, those old or damged rim are your Property so can can always request to bring back,

some industrial rubbish worth some scrap value but some you may need to pay to dispose .

I just had another thought. The shop did not return my stock rims to me - even if it is damaged and not usable anymore, shouldn't there be some scrap value? @Roberttan your thoughts too if I may bother you

Changed my rims @ Stamford too but brought my own tyres. I told them I want my new rims/tyres back and they even help me to arrange it inside my boot. Friendly chaps at Loyang branch.

I guess you need to tell them you want your old rims(with tyres) back. Stamford don't take trade in last I check.

Changed my rims @ Stamford too but brought my own tyres. I told them I want my new rims/tyres back and they even help me to arrange it inside my boot. Friendly chaps at Loyang branch.

I guess you need to tell them you want your old rims(with tyres) back. Stamford don't take trade in last I check.

I suppose your case is little difference .

yours is ST does not take trade in (to you that's is a value worth)

the other member is Dented or damaged rim .

anyway is no harm to request bring back the old tire or wheels , but please make request before your closed the deal.

By right those old stuff is the properties of car owner, and we have all right to take it back .

• Praise 1

I beg to differ. Ever since my last fk up experience from their Ubi outlet. I won’t recommend ppl to go there ever again. Last place on Earth I would even recommend. Anyway long story.. There are other tyre shops which are far better in my opinion. No offence to those who supported their shop.

Hello, just like to share my personal experience recently at AL Tyres (Ubi outlet). On Labour Day, I had a flat front right tyre due to side wall damage. When I drove to them in my spare tyre, they were really fast in helping me check the flat tyre to see if it could be repaired/patched and that's when we found out that it was the sidewall damaged and beyond repair.

Straight up next, I was told you have to change at least a pair of front tyres to balance out the thread wear and decided to go with similar profile and tyre choice (215/50/R17 Yokohama AdvanDB v552). What shocked me was that each tyre cost me almost 50% more compared to what I paid first time for it back in Sep 2018. But as I was going to drive up to Malacca just two days later, I decided to just pay up and change both front tyres for safety's sake.

On hindsight, I think AL Tyres charged so expensive was because it was a PH and they know that other workshops weren't opened? Have to give them credit for their speed though, really fast hand fast leg and most of the workers there were PRC as well.

Hope this is helpful!

• Praise 2

Hello, just like to share my personal experience recently at AL Tyres (Ubi outlet). On Labour Day, I had a flat front right tyre due to side wall damage. When I drove to them in my spare tyre, they were really fast in helping me check the flat tyre to see if it could be repaired/patched and that's when we found out that it was the sidewall damaged and beyond repair.

Straight up next, I was told you have to change at least a pair of front tyres to balance out the thread wear and decided to go with similar profile and tyre choice (215/50/R17 Yokohama AdvanDB v552). What shocked me was that each tyre cost me almost 50% more compared to what I paid first time for it back in Sep 2018. But as I was going to drive up to Malacca just two days later, I decided to just pay up and change both front tyres for safety's sake.

On hindsight, I think AL Tyres charged so expensive was because it was a PH and they know that other workshops weren't opened? Have to give them credit for their speed though, really fast hand fast leg and most of the workers there were PRC as well.

Hope this is helpful!

Changed my rims there before, 16 inch TE37 replica set with 205/55 Michelin PS3 back in aug 2016 for 1040 (after minus 80 for my stock 10 year old rims). Found it pretty ok the pricing then

• Praise 2

Hope this is helpful!

50% MORE ? , didnt you ask before they proceed ? 

Hope this is helpful!

I will tell them I will help them publicise their price online big big for everyone to see!

50% MORE ? , didnt you ask before they proceed ?

Like I mentioned, I changed knowing the price as didn’t want to worry and just wanted to solve the issue there and then. In hindsight I could have asked them to fit back my spare tyre and wait another day to drive down to the workshop that I got my tyres from to change. Perhaps they would have charged cheaper per piece.

I will tell them I will help them publicise their price online big big for everyone to see!

Really tempted to do that actually, but having a peace of mind that the tyres were in order before our trip up north made me forget about it at that point in time.

if you do this you are indirectly advertising for them  :D

model business Dynamic pricing .

is a Free market

thanks for sharing