Used 7 seater MPV - Best to get?

Lurpsexx

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

Hi, may I know which PI is launching the new Hybrid Odyssey?  Thanks.

Refer to sgcarmart. Prime and the other one.

Kah has also launched  the new model  but still the 2.4L engine. Disappointed but price is cheaper than PI e-hev despite having 10k surcharge.. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Hi, may I know which PI is launching the new Hybrid Odyssey?  Thanks.

Prime at Ubi confirm has it as saw it there last weekend. Also they have the latest Harrier. All just arrived.

• Praise 1

I am looking at the new Odyssey by KM again and again, while the price is lower than those of e-HeV by PIs, I still am feeling quite disappointed, the whole world is moving towards EV, not having a hybrid offer now is already one down, and yet here Honda is offering a fully NA 2.4L . Feel sibei sian. 

On 3/7/2021 at 1:49 AM, Ct3833 said:

there is a PI starts bringing in the newer version(e-HeV) already , no price info yet. Toyota has since stopped producing Estima, Sharan will be discontinue soon, looks like Ody will be taking the market of full size MPV moving forward. KM better move fast before PIs taking their whole market share. 

C&C has said they will be bringing in the new Kia Carnival.

Not sure what engine capacity, but if priced right, i'm sure it will give all the current full-size MPVs a good run for their money.

• Praise 2

On 3/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, mersaylee said:

Any review on 216i grand tourer? There are so many in the resale market but very few from direct owner...i wonder why🤔

this one just ask @Spring first-hand review...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I am looking at the new Odyssey by KM again and again, while the price is lower than those of e-HeV by PIs, I still am feeling quite disappointed, the whole world is moving towards EV, not having a hybrid offer now is already one down, and yet here Honda is offering a fully NA 2.4L . Feel sibei sian. 

price?

1 minute ago, Enye said:

price?

in the SGcarmart lah, KM 157k for 8 seater, 169k for 7 seater but i saw there is 10k promo discount  with 5 year warranty. PI 176k. 

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

in the SGcarmart lah, KM 157k for 8 seater, 169k for 7 seater but i saw there is 10k promo discount  with 5 year warranty. PI 176k. 

you will be better off with the Sharan at these prices

fc no significant difference anyway 

🤣

28 minutes ago, Enye said:

you will be better off with the Sharan at these prices

fc no significant difference anyway 

🤣

agree , the only drawback with Sharan is the very conservative look and dated setup. Drive wise i am sure it will be better being a conti car.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I would have gotten the PI Odyssey Hybrid if I were you given the current climate.

Even though the price of $175k might look alot, your saving from petrol if you are average owner will bring it down to lower than $150k level, making it cheaper than a AD Odyssey or Sharan.

Assuming your petrol cost is $500 every month. With this hybrid car you can easily save more than 50% with large engine petrol MPV at about 9km/L max while the hybrid ride can get easily 15lm/L to 20km/L conservatively. So assuming you save $250 every month in petrol, over 10 years you will save $30k.

It is the same reason I booked a Camry Hybrid as its actual total costs would be close to Altis.

And to add on, the monthly petrol cost for a Sharan should be closer to $700 if the owner clocking 20k per year type of mileage, from my Vellfire days. And it can only go up with increase in petrol price in coming years.

Edited by Heartlander
added last sentence.
  • Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I would have gotten the PI Odyssey Hybrid if I were you given the current climate.

Even though the price of $175k might look alot, your saving from petrol if you are average owner will bring it down to lower than $150k level, making it cheaper than a AD Odyssey or Sharan.

Assuming your petrol cost is $500 every month. With this hybrid car you can easily save more than 50% with large engine petrol MPV at about 9km/L max while the hybrid ride can get easily 15lm/L to 20km/L conservatively. So assuming you save $250 every month in petrol, over 10 years you will save $30k.

It is the same reason I booked a Camry Hybrid as its actual total costs would be close to Altis.

And to add on, the monthly petrol cost for a Sharan should be closer to $700 if the owner clocking 20k per year type of mileage, from my Vellfire days. And it can only go up with increase in petrol price in coming years.

wow, you're getting a camry hybrid on top of your stepwgn?

1 minute ago, Atrecord said:

wow, you're getting a camry hybrid on top of your stepwgn?

For my wife to replace her used previous gen B180. Can consider that ride if you want something with huge space and powerful and yet frugal, very underrrated car.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

If you prefer hybrid, what's preventing you from considering the Toyota triplets? They have hybrid version also mah...

1 hour ago, Didu said:

If you prefer hybrid, what's preventing you from considering the Toyota triplets? They have hybrid version also mah...

I'm not sure about him but one reason I was put off by the triplets previously was the last of safety airbags compared to a full fledged one like the Odyssey. 

I think they may have proper full setup of that in Japan but we usually have scaled down versions here and hence the fewer airbags.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4