Used 7 seater MPV - Best to get?

Lurpsexx

1 hour ago, Atachi said:

Then and now COE tak sama.. Jan when COE was slightly higher the list was 160k+.

"Newer" models always slightly more ex.

Lol I didn't know the ody refreshed lol. 

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

my BIL got his KM Ody base model for 137k in June 2020. I think 157k is hard to stomach ...

137k was a steal. I suppose it is the 8 seater model ?

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol I didn't know the ody refreshed lol. 

Go and watch Taiwan reviews got plenty. 2nd row can shift sideway iirc.  Look wise much better. The change is quite major unlike the last facelift only major change is grill colour really funny 

Edited by Heartlander

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

137k was a steal. I suppose it is the 8 seater model ?

COE then was 10k to 15k lower. And new car is about 10k higher haha. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

COE then was 10k to 15k lower. And new car is about 10k higher haha. 

I think my bil more interested in 12k/Yr instead of 14-15k depreciation 

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Lala81 said:

my BIL got his KM Ody base model for 137k in June 2020. I think 157k is hard to stomach ...

Aiya new model with more features mah...

My Ody 7 seaters was $179K bot in Feb 2015.  How to stomach?  :)

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

Aiya new model with more features mah...

My Ody 7 seaters was $179K bot in Feb 2015.  How to stomach?  :)

my accord is Jan 2015. So i understand the pain well. $161,800 [smallcry]

I didn't know got new update cos not shown in American car reviews. 

Edited by Lala81

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

my accord is Jan 2015. So i understand the pain well. $161,800 [smallcry]

I didn't know got new update cos not shown in American car reviews. 

America got their own 2021 variant much bigger size (uglier, but personal preference)

2021-Honda-odyssey-minivan.jpg

Edited by Atachi

16 minutes ago, Atachi said:

America got their own 2021 variant much bigger size (uglier, but personal preference)

yes but in general, they update together.

nvm, I only have 2 kids. So not considering a 7 seater. haha

Edited by Lala81

@HeartlanderI am also looking at a 1.5T stepwgn but looks like it's not a very popular model here in SG. Was it only available via PI? Worry about the spare parts availability.

How about entering MSCP? Height issues? 

Edited by Jozy

@Jozy  yes, only PI offers the stepwagon. reason why it is not popular here perhaps is the OMV is high. and the depreciation is somewhere on par with odyssey. Thats why not many go for this model.

@StreamRSZ actually RSZ also in my consideration! are you still driving it? any common problems?

also considered wish but really not nice looking car hehe 

Edited by Jozy

@Jozy  yes still driving it. left 1.5 yrs to scrap. i suggest you dont buy stream . cos most of the ones left in the market are very high mileage and many used for grab or COE only left that few more years before to scrap as many has been renewed for 5 yrs only. I bought it that time is  when stream just reached 10 yrs cycle. i bought over with just 1 owner from dealer and renewed 5 years. so time flies and it is end of life soon in 1.5 yrs time.

stream is an easy maintain car. not much issue except wear and tear.

Edited by StreamRSZ

17 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

@Jozy  yes, only PI offers the stepwagon. reason why it is not popular here perhaps is the OMV is high. and the depreciation is somewhere on par with odyssey. Thats why not many go for this model.

I was intrigued by your comment, so spent abit of time at sgcarmart looing at the used car prices of Stepwagon, Odyssey, and Sharan.

I was surprised to find that the ARF of Stepwagon is indeed comparable to higher trim Odyssey and even higher than basic trim Odyssey. And that the annual depreciation of Stepwagon is similar to higher trim Odyssey and Sharan. This is despite the Stepwagon being sold at $30k lower than higher trim Odyssey, $20k lower than lower trim Odyssey, and $40k lower than Sharan generally.

As the ARF is derived from OMV, and the higher OMV of Stepwagon can be explained by putting that the PI is not greedy and sell the car with lower profit margin comparing to Honda AD as generally a cheaper car will have a lower OMV. But the similar annual depreciation between the 3 rides indicated that Stepwagon can hold its value against more expensive rivals despite a cheaper price tag. Maybe that make this ride not popular with those shopping for used cars as I will definitely pick a higher trim Odyssey over this unique car if cost of procurement is similar, but definitely good news for Stepwagon owners. I am really pleasantly surprised haha.

@Heartlander also dont forget that one will be paying cat B COE too for a 1.5 stepwagon. but of cos, other than road tax is cheaper, everything else like depreciation and coe cat is on par as odyssey.

Also featuers is also not non par with the price tag.

Guess thats why it is not a popular choice among MPV cat. if one is paying something on par with the odyssey class, than one it make no sense.

Edited by StreamRSZ

On 3/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, Atachi said:

this is a different MPV, it is about 30Cm longer than the ASIA version. The cabin is much bigger than our version here . The US Odyssey is competing with Chrysler Voyager and Toyota Sienna. These are all 3L to 3.5L MPV.  I drove a Sienna in the US many years ago, it is very big but both parking and on the road are not a problem for big cars like these there but should be quite challenging to drive one around SGP.  

Hi all, revisiting this thread. 

i am given an opportunity to take over a relative’s 2009 Previa (13 years old). Relatively good condition, and I can swap it $-$ by selling my current 5 year old civic. 

Car is regularly serviced but still an older car vs what I have now. Just not sure how reliable is the car in the long run. 

any feedback from those driving similiar age Previa, thoughts considerations etc?

if we get it , am thinking of real rayong and changing the audio system and reverse camera to one with CarPlay. Any recommendations where to go to?

↡ Advertisement