Used 7 seater MPV - Best to get?

Lurpsexx

Agree. Maybe for toyota parts will be easier. So like estima should be ok. Only thing i dont like about estima the model has been the same since late 2005 lol

hahaha....

Reminds me of someone .....

After changed to Estima, very emo.

Right?

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks bros for all of your feedback.. I went to see the Mazda 5 n it's good.. Value for my limited money n fits the bill.. Tho the car is dated, but fits my needs.. Now need to sell my car first n find some moola..

Thanks bros for all of your feedback.. I went to see the Mazda 5 n it's good.. Value for my limited money n fits the bill.. Tho the car is dated, but fits my needs.. Now need to sell my car first n find some moola..

• Praise 2

Good testimony.

Just like to add that if you're taking many people often, then 7.4 km/l for 70% city driving is decent, for such a big car.

I used to drive a 1.6l ford focus, with probably 90% city driving. And i only got 8-8.5 km/l. on a bad day with jams, i can safely say the trip goes down to 5-6 km/l.

The city driving with traffic light every few hundred metres, will kill the FC.

Also, wanna add my experience on big MPV....when we talk about 8-10km/l or 5-6km/l..somehow you won't feel it.

You will think, if I travel less or use the car less I will be able to save some petrol cost... but as yr kids grow older, they tend to have more activities, hence the more you will use the car...

Owniya big MPV before and fetching 2 kids to and from school and occasionally for groceries shopping, I have to pump petrol every 3.5-4 days...full tank Hor...

no joke Hor, until I see petrol station Uncle more that I see my Wife Hor.....so something you have to adjust to.

And every tank is like $110-130 ahhh....that time was 2.20 before discount...somemore I pump 92 ahhh....

After a year or 2, really Super sian every week like have to pump 2x...

So something for u to take into account.... is not just the maintenance wear and tear cost...gotta Budget for the petrol cost as well, which could be a bomb....

Oh btw, my ex MPV is a 2.4l

Edited by Spidey10

Thanks bros for all of your feedback.. I went to see the Mazda 5 n it's good.. Value for my limited money n fits the bill.. Tho the car is dated, but fits my needs.. Now need to sell my car first n find some moola.. ð

I did consider the used estima n Odyssey but like u guys said, the depn is close to a new ð n got aging issues to contend with.. Will keep a lookout..

Mazda 5 is one of the most practical choice for occasional fetching of 6 persons. 7 might be a bit cramp. Take note also u may not have sufficient boot space for your JB shopping, just a point to note. But you know your JB shopping needs better. If you can make do with the not so spacious interior of Mazda 5 especially if you drive empty shell Monday to Friday, and have budget consideration, mazda 5 cant be wrong. One bro here also suggested wish, you may want to go take a look as well. The only draw back for wish is it does not have sliding doors. Otherwise it is another very practical car. Mazda or wish, wishing you all the best with your pursue of new happiness. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

@ct3833 @atrecord thanks again for your kind advice..

Ya, we did consider the wish, but it's looks, normal door opening, n price didn't endear it to us.. We were passengers in the 1st gen wish often enuf , n didn't like the 3rd row seats n interiors..

For the mazda 5 we tested it out n wifey is OK w it..

• Praise 1

I am in almost same situation as you mate. But I get dizzy test driving some of the higher sprung mpvs. Haha. I loved the mazda 5. Its the only mpv in that price range which handled well and didn't make me dizzy. Only thing that put me off was it had only 2 airbags. Please take note.

• Praise 1

i am (or rather my wife is) driving a 2009 RB3 now.  car is generally ok at or about 150k mileage, but seems to have niggles here and there, like alternator spoil, power rear window spoil, aircon coil leak.  might not be one of those "over-engineered" cars, but i still thinking of renewing, hahaha.... 

i told my wife whether want to get a renewed Estima instead and she said I chi sin.  

i think the RB3 win only for being most like a car, and also very dainty, so my wife likes.  similarly styled cars i think is the subaru Exiga and also the Merc R350.   

agree with the comments about safety and third row of MPV, i don't put my kids there.  usually the maid or the adults...  but to put 3 people at the third row, at least one must be a child. 

Yes bro youngster, i have my fair share of components failing one after another in my RB1.

That's why I chose to go conti. But one thing that I truly appreciate is the suspension set up of ody. The handling and steering feel really impressed me, even more so when I changed to a 9-3.

• Praise 1

i am (or rather my wife is) driving a 2009 RB3 now. car is generally ok at or about 150k mileage, but seems to have niggles here and there, like alternator spoil, power rear window spoil, aircon coil leak. might not be one of those "over-engineered" cars, but i still thinking of renewing, hahaha....

i told my wife whether want to get a renewed Estima instead and she said I chi sin.

i think the RB3 win only for being most like a car, and also very dainty, so my wife likes. similarly styled cars i think is the subaru Exiga and also the Merc R350.

agree with the comments about safety and third row of MPV, i don't put my kids there. usually the maid or the adults... but to put 3 people at the third row, at least one must be a child.

Coincidentally I am getting a 2009 rb3 and will renew coe for it. My choice really limited cos I want an mpv I can "drive". I think all in cost will hit close to 9k depreciation all in. Still reasonable if don't mind driving an old car
  • Praise 1

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

You might want to consider Kia Carens also. Very modern looking but no sliding doors. With diesel engine so could be more frugal despite higher road tax.

Or even get a used Biante which comes with sliding doors which should serve your needs better as it is really spacious and very reliable too.

the 3rd row seats for the carens are quite jialat. I want to like it but i can't.

• Praise 1

the 3rd row seats for the carens are quite jialat. I want to like it but i can't.

As I had said earlier, it really depends on the needs of the family and only he will know whether it is really jialat for him. Best would be to go showroom to do test-drive. If his kids are not that big-size, then this could work out for him.

Anyway, thanks for highlighting this fact. 

I could never believe that it is that bad without seeing it with my own eyes too... From my office back home is only 4.5 km, and there are 8 traffic lights in between, of which 3 of them could need to wait 2 times then can clear... On a bad day with road works or breakdown or just heavy traffic in front, one of them might need 3-4 rounds to clear... That means more time spent stationary than moving [bigcry]

Then not forgetting that i park at basement carpark - have to turn and turn before start parking.

Even hybrid car also not likely to cross 10 km/l, i believe.

I'm getting 14km/l in non eco mode and 19km/l in eco mode in my Hybrid Voxy.

• Praise 2

Coincidentally I am getting a 2009 rb3 and will renew coe for it. My choice really limited cos I want an mpv I can "drive". I think all in cost will hit close to 9k depreciation all in. Still reasonable if don't mind driving an old car

my 09 RB3 bought around 100k in 2012, if renew based on 2018 Feb PQP at around 44, depreciation also 144k/16 =  9k  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement