Do You Noticed that...

Carbon82

there is something unusual in MCF? The admin and moderator team has been very quiet in the past weeks.

- Winner for HTOTM has not been announced (usually within 1st week of the month)

- Winner for MWTOTM has also not been announced (we are less than a week away from a new month)

- No response with regards to security concerns in MCF and other SPH site

- No response to the feedback provided in the newbie and feedback thread

- Last but not least, a few requests I have made to MCF's 3 (@pchou @babyblade @kobayashigt) was not attended to...

I hope I am just being overly sensitive... Long Life MCF!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Leave them alone lor....

If SPH  our most distinguished, well regarded and decorated general has some special plans for them and MCF, I think these folks have more important things to do than reply to us on the forum.

Unless the towkays here have jobs to offer?

Edited by Kusje

They are not machines. They also want some peace and quiet time from all these chatter.

I half agree. Maybe they can take turns to rest though I think maybe it is a misconception who the moderators are. Are they in the same office working together or just volunteers who might not know each other? If it is the latter a bit hard to arrange who rest first and so on.

One experience I wanna share. Not sure how many of you remember CNA forum? Used to be active there. Then a lot of spam messages came to the forum until every topic is a spam, every reply is spam so people eventually left the forum and I think now the forum does not exist anymore.

Hope it does not happen here.

• Praise 3

there is something unusual in MCF? The admin and moderator team has been very quiet in the past weeks.

- Winner for HTOTM has not been announced (usually within 1st week of the month)

- Winner for MWTOTM has also not been announced (we are less than a week away from a new month)

- No response with regards to security concerns in MCF and other SPH site

- No response to the feedback provided in the newbie and feedback thread

- Last but not least, a few requests I have made to MCF's 3 (@pchou @babyblade @kobayashigt) was not attended to...

I hope I am just being overly sensitive... Long Life MCF!!!

Wah lau bro, mai sensitive lah. 

Its CNY still leh, and everyone needs a break from work too you know. 

To us, MCF is a place outside of work and a place to de-stress.

To them, MCF is work and a very stressful place, give chance lah. 

You must understand that all these what member of whatever award is just a benefit, not an entitlement leh, No announce then no announce lah, I dont think many of us really take notice or wait for such announcement every month. 

Security issues and feedback, I m sure they are looking into it. This is after all their business, and I am sure they are more concern than anyone of us. But the thing is they are not a sole proprietorship, they do have code to follow also.  So if there is no sound,  means things are still being sort out, whatever the things may be. 

Meanwhile, life goes on, either we carry on talk cork or we can choose to not log in until things clear up, there is a choice mah.

And of course, in life or at work, we dont always get our requests attended to asap, some times we dont even get any attention, let alone a free forum. 

Relax lah Bro, tonight 拜天公 you know!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 14

ya.. they have other job responsibilities to do; this forum is only part of their responsibilities. they are not our "little genies" where we rubba rubba the lamp and they appear instantly.

• Praise 3

I half agree. Maybe they can take turns to rest though I think maybe it is a misconception who the moderators are. Are they in the same office working together or just volunteers who might not know each other? If it is the latter a bit hard to arrange who rest first and so on.

One experience I wanna share. Not sure how many of you remember CNA forum? Used to be active there. Then a lot of spam messages came to the forum until every topic is a spam, every reply is spam so people eventually left the forum and I think now the forum does not exist anymore.

Hope it does not happen here.

I think the security of mcf moderator accounts got to be upgraded first else it would be hwz forum where the hacker hack a moderator's account and gain access to everything and everyone. So maybe they are undergoing some upgrading works.

Edited by Watwheels

My suspicion is this forum will close down eventually

the way the new CEO is going

from a revenue stand point it is a lost cause

from journalistic reference, there are many free sites

very few new members, only a handful keeping this forum alive

hope I am wrong

• Praise 1

ya.. they have other job responsibilities to do; this forum is only part of their responsibilities. they are not our "little genies" where we rubba rubba the lamp and they appear instantly.

Don't rubba rubba salah hor. [laugh]

Please don't get me wrong. I am not in anyway implying that the MCF team owe us a living, and need to be on the standby round the clock. Rather, the recent lagging in response and involvement is very unlike them, and that is what worries me. I have initially also thought of CNY break, but the radio silence is a bit too long this round, imo.

Some of you might know that I am very active in the now defunct AsiaOne Forum, and the phobia of having a forum that we are so used to (short of calling it a my 2nd "home") shutting downing overnight is there... As SPH group still have a handful of free-to-all online forum, I would not be surprise if they decided to further consolidated some of them (HWZ also have a Cars & Cars section for example).

I will be more than happy if everything turn out to be a false alarm, and willingly accept all criticism humbly. [nod]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 8

I will only make noise if and when i win the monthly quiz and no news and sound from the mods.......but frankly i will never win anything since i seldom and now never join in any quiz and contest in mcf.....

• Praise 1