Bring family out with rented car on weekend

Tamecar

Thanks everyone for your comments. It seem like taking public transport is still more viable in Singapore context.

Depends on where you go, how many places to go, how many people following you and the load you bring.

Many times having the car can easily solve many problems.

↡ Advertisement

sometimes it's easier to go by train, as u can go from one place to another when it comes to shopping. If not need to walk all the back just to retrieve the car. 

Edited by Dafansu

Twincharged

sometimes it's easier to go by train, as u can go from one place to another when it comes to shopping. If not need to walk all the back just to retrieve the car. 

This one is true. I always take train when going town with my wife and kids, cuz most of the time we can be alighting at orchard but end up at dhoby ghaut before we even know it.

Rather than rented car, i joined car club.

There is 1 station that's 5 mins away from my place.

I used to do that too some years ago. The best thing about car sharing is I get to drive manual cars. Cheap and good. Wife would take the family car out to do her own things. I would use car sharing to drive kids around
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks everyone for their reply. Actually, I have 1 spare car that I don’t use on weekend. So I thought of “renting” it out under LTA private car rental scheme. Then again, I would want to let families who are bringing their kids out to use the car instead of letting those racer boy use the car and hoot like nobody business.

Looks like many parents here think that it is not viable to rent a car. Thanks for advice!

Thanks everyone for their reply. Actually, I have 1 spare car that I donât use on weekend. So I thought of ârentingâ it out under LTA private car rental scheme. Then again, I would want to let families who are bringing their kids out to use the car instead of letting those racer boy use the car and hoot like nobody business.

Looks like many parents here think that it is not viable to rent a car. Thanks for advice!

If you have a car, just use it.

Since you are using it on weekdays, then use it for your weekend needs.

No point renting a car then.

Neutral Newbie

If you have a car, just use it.

Since you are using it on weekdays, then use it for your weekend needs.

No point renting a car then.

I mean I have a spare car to rent out on weekend under LTA private car for hire on weekend scheme. Not that I want to rent a car on weekend to use.

Thanks everyone for their reply. Actually, I have 1 spare car that I don’t use on weekend. So I thought of “renting” it out under LTA private car rental scheme. Then again, I would want to let families who are bringing their kids out to use the car instead of letting those racer boy use the car and hoot like nobody business.

is there such a scheme or something new coming up? 

Renting out will also invite insurance problem, renting to family doesn't mean they will take care of the car.

I mean I have a spare car to rent out on weekend under LTA private car for hire on weekend scheme. Not that I want to rent a car on weekend to use.

Use it for weekends outings, unless you always stay at home during weekends.

Eh....  before you start renting,  already got criteria in which eventually, more will come .... 

Neutral Newbie

is there such a scheme or something new coming up?

Renting out will also invite insurance problem, renting to family doesn't mean they will take care of the car.

There’s this scheme. Can search via LTA website.

Use it for weekends outings, unless you always stay at home during weekends. ð

I got another car to go out already. That’s why thought of letting this car “work” on weekend.

Neutral Newbie

I know all the pros and cons of owning a Car (OPC & COE) & renting a car. One thing about car sharing like car club, it is usually hard to get AND if you are not touch and go type (But park and play), it is more expensive than a rental car.  

f**king bulls**t

why the animosity.

It's really quite enjoyable to go around the CBD on bicycle, PMD or just jog/walk around.

why the animosity.

It's really quite enjoyable to go around the CBD on bicycle, PMD or just jog/walk around.

Forgive this ole man la.

More and more cities around the world going to make inner city car-Free or NO ICE vehicles.

• Praise 2

f**king bulls**t

‘Cos the Clowns decided on it ?? Actually feels damn good to take a nice stroll or cycle down
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2