Can you share your experience on

Drive comfort

Interior quality and durability

Car operational durability

And C&C service level?

TIA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Never own any but sat in BX and Xantia with their magic carpet rides.

My favourite is CX and XM but never sat in either.

:D

Citroen-CX-25-Pallas-IE-01.jpg

1200px-Citroen_XM_01.jpg

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Never own any but sat in BX and Xantia with their magic carpet rides.

My favourite is CX and XM but never sat in either.

:D

Citroen-CX-25-Pallas-IE-01.jpg

I have deep impression on this citroen, last time always wonder why this car so magical de, the car can raised by itself? Lol. Anyway, always heard citroen cars quality no good, dont know how true? But i have a friend bought two citroen cars, and have another friend, his father is a citroen loyal fan, every car changed is a citroen?!

• Praise 1

Any owner of Citroen car here?

Can you share your experience on

Drive comfort

Interior quality and durability

Car operational durability

And C&C service level?

TIA

One of the forumer, @toeknee_33, owned a couple of Citroen before. You may like to read up some of his ownership experience here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706210-mcf-members-introduction/?p=6353263

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706210-mcf-members-introduction/?p=6353289

BTW, do spare a minute or 2 to do a self introduction when you are in the Member Introduction thread. Thanks.

• Praise 5

This car was well-ahead of its time back in the early 1980s.

BX16TRS.

test drove this once upon a time.

Din like the fact that the signal need to manually switch off. According to the sales person, this is call fully engage with the driving... in other words BS at its highest level.

• Praise 1

Citroen suspension is very impressive.

I test driven Grand Picasso, amazed by the suspension and quietness of the car. The “Magic Carpet” suspension on C5 Aircross is coming....even better. Peugeot award winning 1.2L engine is being used in Citroen.

See this review, Citroen suspension is way way better than BMW.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=MjxbLoA6UJ8&ebc=ANyPxKqJcYQ1m1mja9J1aseC0R2EEnxwFSIp4LPKL1j2BxTWKw-9xQzutu37yMheV4FOmwc4WZGaz98arQ4DNHrcmJht4P_VEQ

• Praise 1

Citroen suspension is very impressive.

I test driven Grand Picasso, amazed by the suspension and quietness of the car. The “Magic Carpet” suspension on C5 Aircross is coming....even better. Peugeot award winning 1.2L engine is being used in Citroen.

See this review, Citroen suspension is way way better than BMW.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=MjxbLoA6UJ8&ebc=ANyPxKqJcYQ1m1mja9J1aseC0R2EEnxwFSIp4LPKL1j2BxTWKw-9xQzutu37yMheV4FOmwc4WZGaz98arQ4DNHrcmJht4P_VEQ

This 10 year old video is that of the C6, the last hydropneumatically-suspended Citroen. No more already. Cut for costs reasons.

The Cit GP is impressive in some ways - its design and space. Don't think it was very quiet, and neither was the ride amazing. No different from the previous Peugeot 5008.

For me, the only USP of a Citroen is the hydropneumatic suspension. Without it, its not worth the trouble.

At least they are innovating again. Let's wait and see how their Progressive Hydraulic Cushions work out in real life in their incoming refreshed C4 Cactus.

This car was well-ahead of its time back in the early 1980s.

BX16TRS.

My dad had a light blue one back in the early 90's. Loved that car and as a young kid then my brother and I used to get so excited to see the car lift up every time it started. It's like riding in a spaceship LOL.

Even the dash was super unique.

So many memories of riding around in it.

In fact can still remember the plate SBB 8540M

Replaced by a Fiat that was a complete POS

post-6992-0-41543500-1520188236_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

(edited)

My dad had a light blue one back in the early 90's. Loved that car and as a young kid then my brother and I used to get so excited to see the car lift up every time it started. It's like riding in a spaceship LOL.

I am sure u had fun reading the Speedo for the BX....

The car had a good ride. But I dont recall it have pneumatic sus...

Edited by Sdf4786k

Citroen car designs are really beautiful n if they can just be abit more reliable, it will surely sell!

• Praise 5

(edited)

Citroen car designs are really beautiful n if they can just be abit more reliable, it will surely sell!

Have to agree on this.

The interior is way more beautiful than some of the premium contis especially the DS range.

Probably in order for the premium contis to look a tad more atas like Citroen, you have to get the S-line from Audi or the M line from BMW.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I am sure u had fun reading the Speedo for the BX....

The car had a good ride. But I dont recall it have pneumatic sus...

It did in fact have the pneumatic suspension. 

The control lever for the suspension was beside the handbrake if I can recall. And the green spheres were visible in the engine bay.

Growing, the I used to fascinate about Citroen especially the XM....

So I had 2 Citroen

C4GP in 2009

Made the driver stupid.  Everything set to auto, lights, wipers and parking brake.  After sometime, I forgot how to dis-engage the parking brake manually.  The car is so comfy, my very active kids were able to fall asleep inside. The coolest part of the car is the gigantic windscreen which stretch beyond and on top of your head.  Makes the car very spacious and airy.  However, reliability was a concern as one of the water pump broke within 1 year and replacement part took 3 weeks to arrive.  CnC provided a courtesy car for the entire duration it was at the workshop.

C5 Exclusive with pneumatic suspension in 2011

Change to the this C5 after the C4GP.  No need to say,  the suspension is just superb and car height was adjustable depending on circumstance.  Steering wheel was cool as its fixed centre.  Car was comfortable and really quiet.  No issues for 2 years of ownership.  First to have the HID headlights that swivel according to your direction.  Was useful when we went to LCK in the wee hours during Qing Ming...

In summary, Citroen is very comfortable and gadgets laden....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I still dont understand why the car needs to lift up everytime it started ah? During that era those citroen really looks like a spaceship. Lol.

↡ Advertisement