Let's talk about airport lounges

therock

Late reply....... Long Haul, yes from Bangkok to Europe. Very good, I like it a lot and their lounge in BKK is one of the best in the building.

Yeah...the EVA Lounge at bkk is excellent. Even when I fly Thai biz, i go there instead of the underwhelming Royal Orchid lounge
↡ Advertisement

Finally tried EVA Air. Nice light, cabin ambience. Not as slick as SQ but reverse herringbone layout does offer certain level of privacy

post-1105-0-36965300-1566280696_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-44783700-1566280750_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

After so many years in MCF, I have only just started to travel for business.... 

And I do agree on most of the lounge reviews.

Here are some of my comments

1. Silver Kris T3 in Singapore is a good benchmark where comparing lounges around the world
  2. Emirates in SG is small, few food options, and quite crowded at times
  3. (A) Emirates in Dubai is AMAZING. I love the full floor of business class lounge at Concourse A.
    A lot of food offering, so many seats, free Costa Coffee and snacks (3 thumbs up!)
    (B)Emirates Dubai Concourse B, is ok. Showers were practically empty when I went there.
    Although it has less floor space, it is just as spacious as Concourse A's Lounge since there are less Business Class passengers in this concourse. Food is ok too.
  4. Star Alliance Lounge in CDG is good.
    There are always seats even though there are lots of passengers.
    I love the Nutella muffins and the availability of KIRIN beer!
  5. Emirates shares a common lounge in Sao Paulo/GRU and it sucks!
    Dirty seats! uncleared tables! Poor food choices! Showers always crowded!
    I ended up spending more time outside the lounge instead.

Unfortunately, my business travels are limited to specific cities and airlines, but I hope to add more as the years go by.

• Praise 2

Silverkris at T3 is one of the better ones. Onli the toilet/shower part CMI. Hopefully the major reno they doing now will make it an even better lounge

If u hv a chance to transit via Narita, gotta try the ANA Lounge. Ramen, Udon, Curry is freshly prepared n tastes good. Showers are excellent too

If you visit China, remember to get small change for taxis

Most drivers don’t carry money and only use wechat..

PVG lounge isn’t too bad. Nice shower

So far, we onli talk abt good lounges. There are many bad ones out there that you're probably better off walking outside and eating at Macs instead.

Here's a recent bad one: The BA Terrace Lounge at Seattle. Typical CMI north American lounge. No warm food and sandwiches looked so unappetizing that I juz ate a packet of chips....lol

post-1105-0-71253000-1566359002_thumb.jpg

PEK lounge is operated by China Air

Nasty

Wifi down, terrible food choices and too many pax .. skip it and sit at Starbucks and sip your java instead..

So far, we onli talk abt good lounges. There are many bad ones out there that you're probably better off walking outside and eating at Macs instead.

Here's a recent bad one: The BA Terrace Lounge at Seattle. Typical CMI north American lounge. No warm food and sandwiches looked so unappetizing that I juz ate a packet of chips....lol

The BA Concorde Lounge at Heathrow is supposed to be First Class.

Lousy food even in sit down private booths.

OK free champagne, but so what.

For an airline at its home base it's laughable.

The BA First Class flight to Singapore was even worse.

Edited by Neutrino

The BA Concorde Lounge at Heathrow is supposed to be First Class.

Lousy food even in sit down private booths.

OK free champagne, but so what.

For an airline at its home base it's laughable.

The BA First Class flight to Singapore was even worse.

Not surprised to hear that. Find that BA really turning into a 3rd world airline liao

Lufthansa Senator lounge in their home base in Frankfurt oso not that impressive. Limited warm food, showers not bad but the decor screams IKEA...lol

Edited by Soya

Qatar lounge in Heathrow London, food all order from menu like restaurant. . Shower also very nice, got heated floor, I sit inside pang sia quite long cos jin songz. Jiak shiok shiok den go plane zzzz all the way.

Bottom 2 pics is Qatar lounge in doha. Is massive. I also went to pang sai n shower.

post-26533-0-48000600-1566393072_thumb.jpg

post-26533-0-89293000-1566393096_thumb.jpg

post-26533-0-11178300-1566393229_thumb.jpg

post-26533-0-32726900-1566393276_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 3

Not surprised to hear that. Find that BA really turning into a 3rd world airline liao

Lufthansa Senator lounge in their home base in Frankfurt oso not that impressive. Limited warm food, showers not bad but the decor screams IKEA...lol

Agree.

PEK lounge is operated by China Air

Nasty

Wifi down, terrible food choices and too many pax .. skip it and sit at Starbucks and sip your java instead..

Can go next door Plaza premium.

Agreed with you. China one quite bad.

JAL Lounge at Narita.

Pretty big and spread over 2 levels. Food choices are pre-prepared curry, udon n some western sausage & eggs, unlike ANA Lounge where the curry, ramen & udon are freshly made to order. Dining area looks & feels abit 'cafeteria' tho...

post-1105-0-65671100-1566438339_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-05434600-1566438349_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:06 PM, therock said:

Another reason to take Southwest 🙂

Took Southwest b4

Was expecting to be entertained and ROFL

But it turned out to be an uneventful and SOP flight

Should've asked for compensation

anyone has experience with private room at t3 recently? will be flying out to tokyo through SG in nov. unfortunately not the new suties. sibei sian. 

also any info on which is good lounge for  *A  lounge in osaka? 

Edited by louisbosco
↡ Advertisement