Let's talk about airport lounges

therock

Flew on Emirates Business for the first time.  They provide complimentary chauffeur service, which was a useful perk.

A Merc E250 came to pick me up for my journey to Changi (Emirates flies from Terminal 1).  I spent some nice time in the Emirates Lounge at Changi, the food was pretty good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 8/31/2019 at 9:11 PM, Boringchap said:

Flew on Emirates Business for the first time.  They provide complimentary chauffeur service, which was a useful perk.

A Merc E250 came to pick me up for my journey to Changi (Emirates flies from Terminal 1).  I spent some nice time in the Emirates Lounge at Changi, the food was pretty good.

i've read recently they have stopped providing this service from 1st march 2019?

On 9/2/2019 at 12:35 AM, louisbosco said:

i've read recently they have stopped providing this service from 1st march 2019?

Oh? No idea. I haven’t been following Emirates. This time round flew with them because of certain reasons (connections, cost) and was told that complimentary chauffeur transfer was provided even for business class ticket.

9 hours ago, Boringchap said:

Oh? No idea. I haven’t been following Emirates. This time round flew with them because of certain reasons (connections, cost) and was told that complimentary chauffeur transfer was provided even for business class ticket.

i read somewhere but can't remember the finer details. something along the lines of a upgrade redemption, they will stop providing chauffeur service. and also not sure about business redemption. but also something to do with partner redemption like qantas points for emirates will not enjoy that service even if it's full business redemption..

9 hours ago, Angcheek said:

Way overdue .... look at the price of the ticket 😜 ...

use redemption miles la. get to enjoy the perks without selling a kidney or liver. booked in suites on SQ to tokyo in november, sadly not the new one as speculated. new suites being pushed back to jan 1, 2020. but will report back on private room and osaka lounges if i remember.

Did a short hop to Bkk recently. Surprisingly the T3 Silverkris lounge was still in operation. Thot it was closed for renovation

On the way back managed to checkout both the Silverkris & EVA Air lounge at Suvarnabhumi. Found that food & facilities was better at EVA.

Screenshot_20190918-174711_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-174622_Gallery.jpg

• Praise 2

On 9/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, sake said:

recent trip to london

post-168945-0-86995100-1536981497_thumb.jpg

new suites or old suites? redeemed NRT suites but the new suites introduction pushed back to JAN 1, 2020. so lan lan have to take old suites instead.. 😞

Kf *G lounge is currently undergoing renovations. the temporary lounge for T3 has been moved to the maharba lounge just above duty free wine and spirits (to the right of LV). fairly decent food, although i'm not usually a fan of buffet. the only good thing is that it has it's own toilet and shower facilities. but users of the lounge may feel cram and the lounge can be a bit crowded and busy given that it's shared by china airlines, garuda and a few others. the do have a seperate entrance for *G members.

829D3E6E-34BC-4074-81F8-622E3C0B8A73.thumb.JPG.87e968267674025cb0b0f6f3108af6a6.JPG

829D3E6E-34BC-4074-81F8-622E3C0B8A73.thumb.JPG.86d1495dcfab07caef41b6c0ba8384eb.JPG

IMG_4546.thumb.JPG.94473c8d125404b1024073532d513cc4.JPG

On 9/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, Soya said:

Did a short hop to Bkk recently. Surprisingly the T3 Silverkris lounge was still in operation. Thot it was closed for renovation

On the way back managed to checkout both the Silverkris & EVA Air lounge at Suvarnabhumi. Found that food & facilities was better at EVA.

Screenshot_20190918-174711_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-174622_Gallery.jpg

I'm traveling through T-2 tonight on Lufthansa which gives access to SIA lounges.

Heard the Business Class lounge directly opposite the First Class lounge is by far the better of the two.

Any comments?

52 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

I'm traveling through T-2 tonight on Lufthansa which gives access to SIA lounges.

Heard the Business Class lounge directly opposite the First Class lounge is by far the better of the two.

Any comments?

If you're referring to the T3 Silverkris lounge, yes it's better than the T2 one

• Praise 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:11 PM, Boringchap said:

more importantly did you tip the driver

I usually tip them between 10 to 20 bucks depending on their attitude

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Soya said:

If you're referring to the T3 Silverkris lounge, yes it's better than the T2 one

Soya next time you flight can bring one of us along, we draw lots and see who is the lucky one

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Soya next time you flight can bring one of us along, we draw lots and see who is the lucky one

Lol....skali my xmm mistress angry hv to share how?

15 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

more importantly did you tip the driver

I usually tip them between 10 to 20 bucks depending on their attitude

Wah sei....u so generous. I take Grab or sometimes if I feel more cheapskate, Gojek. When coming, they usually turn left, turn right, miss the junction so I don't tip them

↡ Advertisement