Let's talk about airport lounges

therock

+1

The Gold status is not so useful on home ground, but usually you come straight from home and don't really need much in the lounge. I take a cuppa, or grab a soup, that's it.

However the shower facilities, the food and the express queue privileges you enjoy overseas are very welcome. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, louisbosco said:

actually it's quite good for overseas airports. so long as you're not in changi, the lounge access is quite good. ANA japan lounges and EVA air lounges are two of my favourite ones.

technically krisflyer gold lounge shouldn't even exist. no other airline IIRC have a seperate lounge for their Gold or diamond level members. probably SQ scared their own silverkris lounge too atas for KFG or *G members.

scared is the wrong word to use. More like they dont want riff raffs spoiling the image of their silver kris lounge.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

scared is the wrong word to use. More like they dont want riff raffs spoiling the image of their silver kris lounge.

The Silverkris lounge oso hv their fair share of cheapskate white trash that sleeps across the sofas overnight altho the comfy transit hotel is short walk away and less than $100 a night

23 minutes ago, Soya said:

The Silverkris lounge oso hv their fair share of cheapskate white trash that sleeps across the sofas overnight altho the comfy transit hotel is short walk away and less than $100 a night

SQ already collect some $$$ from their business class ticket... so to them it ok. but not for "cheapo" econ class pax.hahahaha

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

SQ already collect some $$$ from their business class ticket... so to them it ok. but not for "cheapo" econ class pax.hahahaha

Some of these white trash fly biz but act like a poor backpacker sleeping on seats

I had an overnight transfer at changi b4. Went to silverkris lounge to grab a light supper and then checked into the transit Ambassador hotel for a night's rest. The transit hotel was very good and comfy. Then went for brekkie at silverkris lounge again b4 I caught my next early morning flight.

Supersonic
14 hours ago, therock said:

I wonder if they will extend the Gold status ...

SQ oredi announced that they will extend current status by 12 months for those expiring between Mar 2020 and Feb 2021 liao

56 minutes ago, Soya said:

SQ oredi announced that they will extend current status by 12 months for those expiring between Mar 2020 and Feb 2021 liao

Do you have a link? Mine expires end Feb, so I hope they will allow it too...

I have zero miles so far, haha

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, therock said:

Membership Renewal, Elite Gold Rewards and KrisFlyer Miles Extension

In view of the Covid-19 outbreak, we understand there will be uncertainty in our members’ travel plans in the months ahead.

In appreciation for our members’ loyalty, we will be:

Renewing KrisFlyer Elite Silver and Gold membership for one membership year.

Extending Elite Gold Rewards that will be expiring between July and December 2020 to be valid till 31 March 2021.

Extending KrisFlyer miles that will be expiring between April and August 2020 by six months.

We hope the above measures will offer you more flexibility in planning your upcoming travels with us. We wish you good health, and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flights again.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, therock said:

Got it from the SQ email signed off by their CEO on Apr 1 (hopefully not a prank....lol)

A733D9D1-3005-41E9-B090-187D03470478.thumb.jpeg.6d2cc832f38a4674bf8fa286db43e7f6.jpeg

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/ppsclub-krisflyer/latestnews/2020renewal-kf

Membership Renewal, Elite Gold Rewards and KrisFlyer Miles Extension

In view of the Covid-19 outbreak, we understand there will be uncertainty in our members’ travel plans in the months ahead.

In appreciation for our members’ loyalty, we will be:

Renewing KrisFlyer Elite Silver and Gold membership for one membership year for tier renewal cycle from March 2020 through to February 2021.

Extending Elite Gold Rewards that will be expiring between July and December 2020 to be valid till 31 March 2021.

Extending KrisFlyer miles that will be expiring between April and December 2020 by six months.

Providing renewal support for tier renewal cycle from March 2021 to February 2022 [NEW]

Offering PPS Club members additional ways to earn Elite miles on the ground (available till 15 October 2020) [NEW]

• Praise 2