Let's talk about airport lounges

therock

Economy passengers are also entitled if you chalk up the miles.. I typically fly economy too :)

those that have infinte card also have 24 access a year when they travel. So not necessary only when  u travel in biz class..

↡ Advertisement

Lots of credit cards give complimentary lounge access for priority passes. And it does helps when the flight I’m on get delayed for 3hrs or more.

SQ SKL is one of the better ones. Tried TPR once and BTC foie gras burger and satay not bad.

Flew OZ first time end of last year. Flight kena delayed 6hrs when transiting at ICN. The lounge feels like the KF gold lounge at Changi.

Previously flew on TG and their J/F lounge at BKK good too. J pax get 10min head n shoulder or feet massage. F pax get 30min full body massage. Flew F with them once. When land already they bring you to security check on a Golf cart, clear security liao another golf cart waiting to bring you to the lounge or gate.

UA lounge at HKG had a not bad taco station. But that’s about all I remember about it. SQ lounge at hkg still had the ice cream when I was last there 3 years ago.

BR lounge at TPE had pretty good cook to order beef noodles in their lounge. When GE was still in business and flying to SIN, they had a similar cook to order beef noodles at TPE too. Think the GE lounge is now also Priority Pass.

SQ F lounge at SYD is accessed through a hidden door at the entrance. Got limited arm chairs facing the tarmac. Don’t remember got cook to order or not, or maybe self prepared. The laksa really hits the spot when home sick. There’s a sign above the toilet bowl in the shower room that reads “Do not drink from the toilet” or something along that line. Always made me chuckle when I see the sign and wonder what mush have happened for the staff there to put up such a sign.

VA lounge at MEL looks and feel quite chic. The pancake machine there was always crowded with kids playing with it.

ANA lounge at NRT/HND/KIX is functional. Can get their beer from the machine ie it’ll pour out the beer into a glass. The curry rice and soba noodles at NRT not bad.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I use so many lounges around the world during my corporate days  and my only remembrance of them is I use them for con-calls.

That's about it.  I seldom eat in those lounges. 

It is mainly use for work and off I go.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 2

Don't go for Prime Class lounge, especially at Istanbul .. poor service, poor food, and not cheap if you need to pay ..

Ok, I contribute to your thread with my videos. 

This is the Krisflyer Gold Lounge at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3.  Not to be confused with the SIlverKris Lounge (for Business and FIrst class pax), this lounge is meant for Krisflyer Gold members and Star Alliance Gold members.  Of course compared to SilverKris, the lounge isn't as good.  But still, it is a decent place to chill for a short while and get some food and drink.  On this visit, I had some Kong Bak Pau.

This is the SATS Premier Lounge at Terminal 1.  Many airlines use the SATS Premier Lounge, including Turkish AIrlines, Vietnam Airlines and more.  On this visit, we were flying Turkish Airlines (in Economy). But because I was Star Alliance Gold then, I got lounge access.  On this visit, I had laksa.

The following 2 videos are the SATS Premier Lounge at Terminal 3.  For the first one, we were flying Vietnam AIrlines in Business class. So VN uses this lounge.  We had Mee Siam.

Another visit to the SATS Premier Lounge at Terminal 3.  This time round we were flying in Economy.  I used my Priority Pass card to get access.  Yes, the SATS Premier Lounges are under the Priority Pass scheme.   I had the laksa. 

Don't go for Prime Class lounge, especially at Istanbul .. poor service, poor food, and not cheap if you need to pay ..

Yes, the Prime Class lounge in Istanbul isn't great.  But at least we got seats and could chill in a relatively quiet environment while waiting for our connecting flight.  The airport outside was much noisier and chaotic.

Two videos:

Second video

I used Priority Pass to gain entry. 

• Praise 4

Ok, here are my videos of the SilverKris Lounge in Singapore. This is all the Business Class section.  Never flew First Class, so don't know what that part of the lounge is like.

SilverKris Lounge.  I made a mistake in the video title. 

On another visit, had some Fish Congee before my long flight. 

Had some dinner before this flight.  

Yet another visit. That time, they were serving Teochew cuisine in the lounge.

• Praise 2

Thai airways lounge at changi :

Basic, functional and small.

No toilet inside, sandwiches and a small variety of food which runs out quickly.

Best thing about the place is probably the charming receptionist ..

• Praise 1

No toilet inside, sandwiches and a small variety of food which runs out quickly.

you probably can charm my grandma out of her panties too.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Based on what i can recall:

(i) Good lounges:

SQ SilverKris at T3 - great food, drinks, ambience

ANA Narita T1 Biz - great udon, curry, sushi & showers

Lufthansa Senator at Frankfurt - great showers, lousy food

EVA Suvarnabhumi - great food, ave showers

(ii) Average:

SQ Krisflyer Gold - passable food, zero amenities

T1 SATS Premium - laksa ok 

KLIA Premium Plaza - passable place to spend time coz KL airport CMI

Thai Royal Orchid at Suvarnabhumi - huge but limited food. Luckily got free massage at Royal Orchid Spa 

Air Canada Maple Lounge Frankfurt - better food than Lufthansa and cosy

Virgin Lounge Heathrow - stylo mylo design but not much to eat

ANA Haneda - food's ok but quite crowded and insufficient shower facilities

Moscow Domodedovo - big & roomy, ave food & drinks

(iii) Waste Time:

SQ SilverKris at KLIA - small, old fashioned and lousy food

Thai Royal Orchid at T1 - old fashioned and hardly any food

SwissAir at JFK T5 - small, cramped, barely edible food, shower maciam public toilet

SAS Lounge at Copenhagen - felt like Ikea cafeteria but wif lousier ood

Lufthansa Senator at Washington DC - another cheap european cafeteria 

United Lounge at Houston - old fashioned, maciam factory canteen and only got biscuits. Welcome to United!

• Praise 1

If I'm flying TG out of SIN and really need to use the lounge, I usually try to go to T2/T3 SQ silverkris lounge.

The TG lounge at Changi is really just basic and functional.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If I'm flying TG out of SIN and really need to use the lounge, I usually try to go to T2/T3 SQ silverkris lounge.

The TG lounge at Changi is really just basic and functional.

But TG premium check in at Changi quite nice la

post-1105-0-56249100-1523494853_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

But TG premium check in at Changi quite nice la

Yeah the premium check in at T1 can help expedite things a bit.

The stand alone SQ F check in at T3 even better. Their own customs and security.

Was in Dubai last year at midnight -  (cant remember the lounge name but affliated to Priority Pass) was like 1 floor down to like a basement - huge but full (had showering facility) ; Food was OK OK 

BKK
Mad house .. some festival
Chock full .. no seats at all

• Praise 2

Supercharged

managed to visit/utilize SQ lounge at BKK airport, all thanks to their custom delay which domino-effect into my flight delay.

The lounge was good and cosy, fine food as you usually seen in hotels.

Private toilet etc..

didn't really enjoy much as we are in panic mode as trying to secure a flight back to SG, got lesson and family dinner..

but i remember clearly, i have 2 round of simple food, drank 3 coconuts while my wife, feast on their Häagen-Dazs ice cream  [:p]

• Praise 1

Qantas T1 - nice healthy food. Way better than on the plane. Qantas red-eye flights give nice pyjamas though.

Emirates Melbourne - Big, well equipped lounge. Wide range of food and alcohol. 

Hint : When fly Emirates biz class, choose the Emirates planes instead of the Qantas codeshare. Can get complimentary airport fetch and send by limousine from your home in SG and hotel in AU (not all cities). Melbourne definitely have which is very convenient given the expensive taxis, and slow airport bus. 

• Praise 1

Haagan daaz ice-cream is a big deal meh?

I usually buy the tub for $11. Whole family eat until die also cannot finish.

↡ Advertisement