Let's talk about airport lounges

therock

Haagan daaz ice-cream is a big deal meh?

I usually buy the tub for $11. Whole family eat until die also cannot finish.

Too sweet for my like..

↡ Advertisement

Some lounges from London Heathrow for reference.

United Lounge.  This lounge was quite impressive for United.  At least they have upped their game in London Heathrow, Terminal 2.  I liked it better than the SQ SilverKris lounge. (see below)

Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at London Heathrow T2B.  This lounge was new in 2015. Back then, SQ had just moved from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 - Star Alliance Terminal.  I took a shower too. 

Blast from the past - SilverKris Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3.  This lounge is now closed.  Glad I got to use it before it closed.

At Terminal 2B, right opposite the SilverKris lounge was the Maple Leaf Lounge (Air Canada).  I tried this lounge too.

Thanks bro, I might transit in Heathrow later in the year..

For business - do you share the same lounge as the Gold card holder in London?

Thanks bro, I might transit in Heathrow later in the year..

For business - do you share the same lounge as the Gold card holder in London?

Which Airline would you be flying on?

The good thing with Star Alliance Gold at London Heathrow is that you can access the United and Maple Leaf lounges above.  I recall that they don't have a separate Gold lounge.  It is SQ which has this practice.  The SilverKris Lounge can only be accessed by pax flying Business class and above.

This-is-my-take-on-lounges. The passengers who need the lounge most are those in economy class of the airplane. 

Those in the most business and first class would be very well taken care of while in the airplane as in when and what they want to eat or drink. So the pre-flight lounge is superfluous unless you are in transit or during a flight delay or the occasional meeting with colleagues or business partners.

If you travel early to the airport just to make use of the lounge, to me it appears a bit silly especially if you are visiting the country as a tourist. Don't you want to spend as much time exploring the city.

In addition, most lounges are not open at the destination airport when you arrived unless again if you are in transit. 

Don't forget the benefits of the lounge all comes from your paying ticket.

I think it has something to do with massaging the otak. 

• Praise 4

Virgin Atlantic.   They have very interesting lounges.

Heathrow.  

Spent some hours here waiting for a connecting flight.  Part 1 below.

Part 2 - Pool Table & TV Area.

Turbocharged

The First Class lounge at Zurich airport has fabulous food and drink.

Also a room with a King size bed,showers etc etc.

Only there for a couple of hours or so so just the meal and some expensive drinks but no time to sample the bed.

The BC lounges at Hanoi and HCMC are not up to much.

Ditto LHR.

the bc lounge in hanoi airport got nice fruit, such as fresh mangoes

may I know what type of mangoes you are referring to
  • Praise 3

This-is-my-take-on-lounges. The passengers who need the lounge most are those in economy class of the airplane.

Those in the most business and first class would be very well taken care of while in the airplane as in when and what they want to eat or drink. So the pre-flight lounge is superfluous unless you are in transit or during a flight delay or the occasional meeting with colleagues or business partners.

If you travel early to the airport just to make use of the lounge, to me it appears a bit silly especially if you are visiting the country as a tourist. Don't you want to spend as much time exploring the city.

In addition, most lounges are not open at the destination airport when you arrived unless again if you are in transit.

In Singapore I will always arrived airport late.

At oversea airport, we cannot predict the traffic condition to airport, how long need to clear immigration, security check. It is always safer to arrive early. And when everything is done, if able to access lounge will be good.

Not all airport are like our changi airport that can have so much things to do inside during waiting as a tourist.

• Praise 3

for SQ

I've not flown SQ Business to Hanoi. Do they use the Vietnam Airlines lounge? 

The video below is the Vietnam Airlines Lounge at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport.

I don't know about BC Lounge in Hanoi, but I must say that Vietnamese National Uniform is very alluring, to say the least.....

Turbocharged

I've not flown SQ Business to Hanoi. Do they use the Vietnam Airlines lounge?

The video below is the Vietnam Airlines Lounge at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport.

I don't know about BC Lounge in Hanoi, but I must say that Vietnamese National Uniform is very alluring, to say the least.....

not the biz class lounge, krisflyer gold can go in already. different lounge from the viet air

Busan Asiana lounge:

Small, functional, some snacks and a toilet within the lounge (even the Changi Gold lounge doesn't have it)

Thai Gold lounge BKK:

This time round it was far less crowded. Decent food, and not all Thai. 

Showers available..

You are not wrong. 

For this reason, I decided to go apply for a credit card that gives me unlimited Priority Pass access to lounges, and I can bring one guest.

That way, my wife and I can take advantage of low cost airlines travel, and use Priority Pass lounges if we want to.  

Some more lounge videos.  This time from Moscow! Moscow Domodedovo International Airport, International Business Lounge. A very interesting experience, going to Moscow. Spent a bit of time in this lounge, waiting for my flight home.

From the lounge, I watched the SQ plane arrive.  This plane would take me home!  Notice the SQ plane was following the orange car. 

From the lounge, it was a fairly short walk to the aircraft. 

Edited by Boringchap
↡ Advertisement