'Drive' brand car battery in my car total sudden failure.

Jwee85

(edited)

Called up a battery rescue number from mycarform in September 2017.

To change a battery in Suntec when my honda headlights forgot to off.

The new battery brand was DRIVE. At that time the guy came in a conti OPEL van with his GF, to help me change the battery. I think I paid $160. Yes I know it's market rate for AMERON, not some lousy DRIVE brand battery.

I did told that guy I want AMERON, but he said this is a GERMANY branded battery, just as good as AMERON.

Fast forward to last week.

Can't start my car.

I know this time it was not due to headlights drain out the battery, because I did check the day before I left the car locked.

So I thought I can jump start with another car battery. Hooked up the red/black cables to a fully charged battery.

Still cannot start.

In the end swopped out the DRIVE battery with a second hand AMERON battery. And the Honda car starts perfectly.

One week later, still ok.

I have a pulse charger(Ctek) to charge the DRIVE battery at home. For the past week, the charger is tick-tok-tick-tok trying to charge the battery.

Even tilting the battery is all possible position it is still not able to charge.

I don't know how a car battery can suddenly FAILED.

Be careful with this DRIVE brand of lousy battery.

I now only trust big brand battery.

The second hand AMERON battery is already four years old, and is still strong and workable in my Honda.

Edited by Jwee85
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The new battery brand was DRIVE. At that time the guy came in a conti OPEL van with his GF, to help me change the battery. I think I paid $160. Yes I know it's market rate for AMERON, not some lousy DRIVE brand battery.

I did told that guy I want AMERON, but he said this is a GERMANY branded battery, just as good as AMERON.

Can't start my car.

I know this time it was not due to headlights drain out the battery, because I did check the day before I left the car locked.

So I thought I can jump start with another car battery. Hooked up the red/black cables to a fully charged battery.

Still cannot start.

In the end swopped out the DRIVE battery with a second hand AMERON battery. And the Honda car starts perfectly.

I have a pulse charger(Ctek) to charge the DRIVE battery at home. For the past week, the charger is tick-tok-tick-tok trying to charge the battery.

Even tilting the battery is all possible position it is still not able to charge.

The second hand AMERON battery is already four years old, and is still strong and workable in my Honda.

The DRIVE battery is still under warranty right?

(edited)

Are you sure you heard correctly?

Maybe it was pure drivel.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

My last post was the most subtle to date.

The more well read will get it but the

illegitimate amongst you may not.

People should read more.  [thumbsup]

:D

Twincharged
(edited)

So many ownself declare ownself German, Swiss, uk branded. But all made in China and ownself stick sticker.

Who wants Made in Antarctica?

Edited by Mkl22

(edited)

Never hear the brand before. Most car batteries should have 1 year warranty right? Maybe just gotten a lemon.

Edited by Nicholas

(edited)

Yes all new battery do come with one year of warranty. Regardless of brand should and usage should be able to last minimum one year. I reckon TS might has gotten a recon batt. I changed mine less than 4 months back to the workshop for one that has stop/start. I am sure the old one shop will repack and sell as new price.

Edited by Kopites

Yes all new battery do come with one year of warranty. Regardless of brand should and usage should be able to last minimum one year. I reckon TS might has gotten a recon batt. I changed mine less than 4 months back to the workshop for one that has stop/start. I am sure the old one shop will repack and sell as new price.

What battery are you using now for start stop? Good?

Supersonic

Can't start my car.

Still cannot start.

May I know which Honda model ?

The Drive battery should be covered under one year warranty, if it is unable to be charged, cannot hold charge or has a shorted cell.

Even Amaron can fail, but very unlikely.

Any failure internal to the battery is always covered by standard warranty, unless it's abused

The local stockist or supplier for this DRIVE brand could be a sponsor in mycarform.

A simple search will reveal that this brand is claimed as German technology or whatever.

I have ridden motorcycles and cars for 30+ years, never had a total battery failure before.

Even the occasional battery drain due to headlights kept on. I was able to save the battery using my Ctek charger.

The second hand Ameron battery I am using now is purchased in 2014 for my honda and kept as a backup at home for the times when family cars got drained battery. It is still able to be charged and usable, even though I have completely drained this battery twice when I was away overseas for work for a couple of months.

No more DRIVE or unknown brand of battery for my cars in future.

Is this the brand that offered free trial battery recently? 

I gave up when reading all the conditions!

I bought this brand battery about 1 yr ago. Was told that this battery came from the same factory as Globatt which was what I was hunting for then. I decided to go ahead and have it install as my car has about 1 yr to COE expiry. Barely a few months later, the battery failed to start up my car and I have to get it replaced under warranty. While I have dashcams running, I do use the car daily and there is little reason for any batter to fail so soon. The replacement battery was fine for some 8 or 9 mths but recently could not start up in the morning and I have to use a jump starter on several occasions. Never will I buy this brand again.

↡ Advertisement