Let's talk about addictions

Philipkee

Let's talk about addictions. I know the word addiction has a bad connotation but I am sure we all have some.

My number one addiction now is social media like forums or Facebook. If I am free I will always browse inside. Almost like cannot live without it. BUT it does not cost money.

My number two addiction is costing me money..... Online shopping. Ever since I discovered lazada, aliexpress and realised how easy it is to purchase an item through the hand phone, I find myself browsing and buying things more and more often. True, the items also are cheap but then again, many cheap items add together will be very expensive.

What about you all? Any addictions? Like car groowing that you must clean it every day or you feel strange?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

my addictions have changed over the years, from gaming to playing basketball/soccer to music to social media. latest addiction is MCF haha...

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Important is to realise u are going to get addicted and do something about it.. Unless u want to continue with this.

Mine have always been computer games.. to the point that I consciously make effort to stop taking the first step. Like those game consoles.

Of course, involuntary circumstances also come in.. too busy at work and for family also forced this to wane.. which is good IMO.

Piak piak.. who don't want.. as much as possible... But too tired at times KO in bed before even think about it

So my conclusion.. To stem any addiction, keep yourself and mind busy with something else that matters and you'll get out of it in no time

• Praise 2

Twincharged

1. My dog. If I'm at home we're never further than 3m apart. When outside, I look for him on the CCTV every 10mins or so if it's polite for me to keep fiddling with my phone.

2. Checking stats for the ads I'm running.

3. Shopping. Got mood one. I can keep buying shoes for a month, then nail polish, then lipsticks etc etc

• Praise 3

1. My dog. If I'm at home we're never further than 3m apart. When outside, I look for him on the CCTV every 10mins or so if it's polite for me to keep fiddling with my phone.

2. Checking stats for the ads I'm running.

3. Shopping. Got mood one. I can keep buying shoes for a month, then nail polish, then lipsticks etc etc

Have to praise you for 2 things. 

1. Your love for your dog. Me too but I never look for him when I am outside

2. Your sensitivity towards others. At least you know when to play with your phone. Many people don't know this.  

• Praise 3

Let's talk about addictions. I know the word addiction has a bad connotation but I am sure we all have some.

My number one addiction now is social media like forums or Facebook. If I am free I will always browse inside. Almost like cannot live without it. BUT it does not cost money.

My number two addiction is costing me money..... Online shopping. Ever since I discovered lazada, aliexpress and realised how easy it is to purchase an item through the hand phone, I find myself browsing and buying things more and more often. True, the items also are cheap but then again, many cheap items add together will be very expensive.

What about you all? Any addictions? Like car groowing that you must clean it every day or you feel strange?

Looking at my car after I parked it.

Eating durian.

Buying pens once in a while.

2. Your sensitivity towards others. At least you know when to play with your phone. Many people don't know this.

Checking on phone seems to be in thing. Sometimes when I go to a restaurant or anywhere i am a bit free I will look around to see what people are doing.

So in many of the tables there are are lot of people sitting there BUT everyone is playing with handphone. Very few times I can see people actually talking to each other...

Thats why sometimes it's a blessing when I meet my friends overseas. No WiFi and I don't have the local data plan so I am forced not to look at phone.

Supersonic

Important is to realise u are going to get addicted and do something about it.. Unless u want to continue with this.

Mine have always been computer games.. to the point that I consciously make effort to stop taking the first step. Like those game consoles.

Of course, involuntary circumstances also come in.. too busy at work and for family also forced this to wane.. which is good IMO.

Piak piak.. who don't want.. as much as possible... But too tired at times KO in bed before even think about it

So my conclusion.. To stem any addiction, keep yourself and mind busy with something else that matters and you'll get out of it in no time

i used to be crazy about gaming for the longest time, until i had kids... then realised that sleep is more important haha... nowadays dont really feel like playing... sad truth... [bigcry]

Looking at my car after I parked it.

Eating durian.

Buying pens once in a while.

sorry cant remember, what car you drive bro?

Checking on phone seems to be in thing. Sometimes when I go to a restaurant or anywhere i am a bit free I will look around to see what people are doing.

So in many of the tables there are are lot of people sitting there BUT everyone is playing with handphone. Very few times I can see people actually talking to each other...

Thats why sometimes it's a blessing when I meet my friends overseas. No WiFi and I don't have the local data plan so I am forced not to look at phone.

agreed. need to remind myself not to keep looking at phone if i'm not alone...

Agree its the "in" thing. 

Sometimes even friends came out for gathering, few of them actually play with their phone thru out the whole dinner. 

Wonder what's the point of having dinner together? 

Sorry but I am those traditional old uncle thinking. When having lunch or dinner with friends, I will put my mobile phone away or in my pocket for that 1 or 2 hours. ITs a basic respect for friends, family etc............

At least I enjoy the meal, talking to friends rather than playing mobile, checking emails, whatsapp etc.........

• Praise 4

I am addicted to helping people and making them feel good.

That's why I like helping massage young ladies so much.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

Agree its the "in" thing.

Sometimes even friends came out for gathering, few of them actually play with their phone thru out the whole dinner.

Wonder what's the point of having dinner together?

Sorry but I am those traditional old uncle thinking. When having lunch or dinner with friends, I will put my mobile phone away or in my pocket for that 1 or 2 hours. ITs a basic respect for friends, family etc............

At least I enjoy the meal, talking to friends rather than playing mobile, checking emails, whatsapp etc.........

Agreed.

If meeting for lunch or dinner with my fren n they still play with their phone, I will kan them n remind them friendship is more important than that piece of device.

Agreed.

If meeting for lunch or dinner with my fren n they still play with their phone, I will kan them n remind them friendship is more important than that piece of device.

Skarli they talking about you. On WhatsApp.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Thanks
  • Praise 3

(edited)

I gave several good reviews all accepted in lazada

One poor review not accepted :XD:

Damn weak

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

Handphone. Though the only good thing I can say is that I don't spend it playing mobile games or watching drama serials.

I try to make a conscious effort nowadays not to use the phone when interacting with my kids.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Mine is death and beyond ....more like a strong affinity vs a real

Addiction

Still in deep wonder of existentialism and the spirits beyond us.

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1