The all new BMW X7

Tianmo

(edited)

The all new top of the line BMW X7, said to launch in 2018.

A truly full size 6 seats SUV, will it reach our shore? 

Anyone interested in this car?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

BMW cars are normally well designed but personally I find this concept not very appealing visually.

Oversized kidney grilles plus the slit eye headlights don’t make a good combination I feel. Also the overall boxy design doesn’t make the car sleek. I guess the idea is to make it spacious but I’m sure more could be done to make the exterior more appealing. Let’s hope they improve the design when concept becomes reality but frankly I doubt so.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

BMW cars are normally well designed but personally I find this concept not very appealing visually.

Oversized kidney grilles plus the slit eye headlights don’t make a good combination I feel. Also the overall boxy design doesn’t make the car sleek. I guess the idea is to make it spacious but I’m sure more could be done to make the exterior more appealing. Let’s hope they improve the design when concept becomes reality but frankly I doubt so.

i tend to agree with you....X5 is visually stunning, but this X7 is overdone! Just too big for its size and makes it a sore.

just don't have that appeal look...maybe just to me as i boh lui to buy... :veryangry:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Oversized kidney grilles plus the slit eye headlights donât make a good combination I feel. Also the overall boxy design doesnât make the car sleek. I guess the idea is to make it spacious but Iâm sure more could be done to make the exterior more appealing. Letâs hope they improve the design when concept becomes reality but frankly I doubt so.

It's just a concept car and production designs are normally tamed down.

The air vents on the X7 are actually quite similar to the concept M8 Gran Coupe although I must say the concept M8 GC is [inlove]

Hoping that there will be a more affordable non-M8 GC when the car hits production line [:)]

• Praise 3

If I tio toto, even the whole world say this is the ugliest car on earth also I BUY!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

Here is a glimpse of the production model. OK, look better imo.

bmw-x7-pre-production-at-plant-in-sparta

Side profile looks good although conservative.

Not sure how the front will fare.

Looks good, grill too big? Don’t think so as it small in comparison to the Lexus ,Audi and Bentley ones.

• Praise 1

Like a striptease, more being revealed...

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-1.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-3.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-4.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-5.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-6.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-12.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-14.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-15.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-7.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-8.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-18.jpg

bmw-x7-spied-interior-exterior-17.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

Supersonic
2020 BMW X8: Range Rover rival edges closer to production

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-bmw-x8-range-rover-rival-edges-closer-production

bmw_x8_final_2017a.jpg?itok=fPWVEi-B

The BMW X8 SUV is likely to be the brand’s highest-priced model when it is launched around 2020.

It will be pitched as a coupé-styled rival to the Range Rover and upcoming Audi Q8 and could compete in fully loaded guise against low-end versions of the Bentley BentaygaLamborghini Urus andRolls-Royce Cullinan. The X8 moniker has been trademarked in markets around the world since 2018, with markets in the Far East being the latest to have X8 trademarks filed.

BMW’s head of development, Klaus Fröhlich, wouldn’t confirm plans to push BMW into an even higher price segment with the X8, but he did say such a car was under evaluation and the idea of it held strong appeal.

“The sector is growing fast, so there will be opportunity,” said Fröhlich. “It is early to talk about X8, but one of the first decisions I made when I worked on product strategy was to take the X5 and make the X6.

Everyone said it was not necessary, but it worked. Now we have theX2X4 and X6. They are emotional and sporty derivatives that work for us. 

“There is room for X8 – especially in markets like China – but there are no decisions yet. Each car must have a distinct character, and these are the sort of areas that take time to evaluate.” 

Discussions are believed to centre on the platform structure the X8 would need and whether it should be a coupé version of the X7, which was revealed at the Frankfurt motor show and goes on sale in the middle of 2018, or a long- wheelbase version of that car, which would free up additional rear space and allow for a sweeping roofline. 

Either way, the X8 is likely to have the option of four or five seats across two rows, rather than the X7’s seven seats in three rows. As such, the emphasis will be on delivering luxurious rear-seat travel, with the materials and finishes chosen to further that goal, rather than being focused on outright practicality. 

While the latter idea is said to be favoured by many, it potentially adds complexity to the project as it may require the car to be built on a hybrid mix of BMW’s CLAR modular platform, which underpins the firm’s other X models, and the Rolls-Royce Cullinan’s new aluminium structure in order to achieve rigidity without adding too much weight or cost. 

The decision on how sweeping to make the roofline is said to hinge around the need for the rear seats to be commodious, given that the X8 is likely to be chauffeur driven for many owners, and how much differentiation is required to give the car a unique character from the X7. Achieving coherent styling of the sweeping roofline without bringing down the roof height ahead of the boot line will inevitably be problematic. 

The X7’s dimensions in comparison to rivals suggest there is room for a longer version in the line- up. It is 5020mm long with a wheelbase of 3010mm, while the Mercedes-Benz GLS is 5131mm long and has a wheelbase of 3076mm. 

A Range Rover is 4999mm long and has a wheelbase of 2922mm in standard form. Power is likely to come from the same powertrains as for the X7, although the sales focus in China, Russia and the Middle East may mean that initial offerings are confined to higher-powered petrol or plug-in petrol-electric hybrid drivelines. Given those target markets, the possibility of a V12-engined X8, powered by the 592bhp, 590lb ft 6.6-litre unit that is found in the 7 Series, is highly likely. 

The petrol-electric hybrid powertrain is believed to be derived from the same set-up as that used by the 740e xDrive iPerformance, with a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine operating in combination with an electric motor in the forward section of the gearbox housing, albeit with a larger-capacity battery to give a 62-mile electric range. 

Images submitted to patent office has more or less revealed the outlook of the latest 7 seater SUV from the German.  Look better than what I have expected, exhibiting the same level of classiness as the G11/G12 7 Series. [:)]

63acddc3-bmw-x7-patent-1.jpg

7e4b8429-bmw-x7-patent-3.jpg

0945d835-bmw-x7-patent-4.jpg

e804cecd-bmw-x7-patent-2.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7