2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

52 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

@Fitmugen Actually Odyssey and Serena are in 2 different category, but pricing (as well as road tax) is relatively close now... Except for the higher fuel consumption, Odyssey is a better car all round, so I don't see why would Serena will kill Odyssey in term of sales.

image.thumb.png.864ca1de9fd4736cf621d086cb8771f2.png

that time when I was looking at Odyssey ........ it was 180K   :a-confused:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

43 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

@Fitmugen Actually Odyssey and Serena are in 2 different category, but pricing (as well as road tax) is relatively close now... Except for the higher fuel consumption, Odyssey is a better car all round, so I don't see why would Serena will kill Odyssey in term of sales.

image.thumb.png.864ca1de9fd4736cf621d086cb8771f2.png

yup, both got pros and cons.

And one of the original good reason to get the Serena, when Tan Chong claimed annual road tax was a lowly ~$500 (they used this as a strong reason to compare with Triplets, according to some charts used), is now no more...

The way I see it, what works for Serena:
1) (still) cheaper road tax - ~$3K over 10 yr
2) higher torque - 320 nm vs 225 nm for Ody
3) better FC
4) 3rd row seat can move front/back
5) got 'dual' tailgate opening
6) 360 deg cam

what works for Ody:
1) lower floor platform (easier to access)
2) got option of 7 or 8-seater
3) bigger boot
4) can go into all carparks (Serena is too tall for some old MCSPs)
5) driver's electric seat
6) parking assist

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

Congrats to those who purchased.  I would like to consider this car to replace my Ford Galaxy.  Can I ask how does the 360 degree Cam work as a safety feature?  Would have preferred that TC provided some blind spot monitor or RCTA system since it is such a tall and large car.  Appreciate any views. 

15 hours ago, Atrecord said:

yup, both got pros and cons.

And one of the original good reason to get the Serena, when Tan Chong claimed annual road tax was a lowly ~$500 (they used this as a strong reason to compare with Triplets, according to some charts used), is now no more...

The way I see it, what works for Serena:
1) (still) cheaper road tax - ~$3K over 10 yr
2) higher torque - 320 nm vs 225 nm for Ody
3) better FC
4) 3rd row seat can move front/back
5) got 'dual' tailgate opening
6) 360 deg cam

what works for Ody:
1) lower floor platform (easier to access)
2) got option of 7 or 8-seater
3) bigger boot
4) can go into all carparks (Serena is too tall for some old MCSPs)
5) driver's electric seat
6) parking assist

Food for thought.

if we ever want to renew COE, I am not sure if the batteries in the electric car can still last. That would be a added cost.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, Columbian78 said:

Pls do not believe what car sales people say about sales volume, especially tan chong. I bought a nissan car from tan chong. It was just launched at that time and the salesman told me  bookings already many. Even an online review website said sales was good at that time. 5 years on, i can count with my 5 fingers the number of unique units i had seen here. Yes, unique to the car plate number.

Btw, i saw serena this morning. Immediate feeling is the word BOXY. In a good way.

This Serena was launched in late Sep but it was already selling (you can believe the sales guys this time) since June. This pre launch sale was to existing Nissan owners and it was indeed selling. When I booked in mid Aug (to replace my Citreon), my Serena was already in the 3rd or 4th batch delivery. It’s a long wait and it should be coming this month. 

2 hours ago, Tomyum said:

Congrats to those who purchased.  I would like to consider this car to replace my Ford Galaxy.  Can I ask how does the 360 degree Cam work as a safety feature?  Would have preferred that TC provided some blind spot monitor or RCTA system since it is such a tall and large car.  Appreciate any views. 

360 cam is not really a safety feature but rather an assist only.

It will show up on your screen when you engage the reverse gear OR you manually press the "DISP" button.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 10/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, Dilemma said:

Test drove the serena and i would say the noise is negligible. I floored the accelerator and there isn't any engine noise and the pickup was really good. I would say the charging sound is very very small compared to normal engine revs. 

It uses the same HR12DE engine, same as Note e-power to charge the batteries. Below clip gives an idea how the engine sounds from:

Driver's seat -->1:40min 

Under the hood -> 11:20min

Boxy cars like Serena, Toyota Noah and Alphard don’t look good for sure. But once you own one and get used to the tremendous space inside the car, you won’t want to sit in a smaller car.

We used to own a Noah and higher end 7-seater SUV. End up drive Noah all the time when the family goes out together

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 10/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, BengGaBoy said:

360 cam is not really a safety feature but rather an assist only.

It will show up on your screen when you engage the reverse gear OR you manually press the "DISP" button.

Right.  Thank you. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, Fitmugen said:

Boxy cars like Serena, Toyota Noah and Alphard don’t look good for sure. But once you own one and get used to the tremendous space inside the car, you won’t want to sit in a smaller car.

We used to own a Noah and higher end 7-seater SUV. End up drive Noah all the time when the family goes out together

Especially if you have tall people in the family - then will surely appreciate and prefer more space.

Not sure which SUV you have, but I've sat in XC90 before and the 3rd row is... not comfortable for tall people also... The only SUV whose 3rd row is spacious enough, is prob infiniti QX80, but SUVs (their floor) are taller so they are even more difficult to get into/out than MPVs.

• Praise 4

The novelty of a new car’s looks wears off after max 3 months. Unless you own a Pagani Zonda, whatever you have can be found on the roads also. Practicality and comfort takes over eventually

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

your one breaking down yet ? :grin:

No and that's why I'm surprised at the sweeping statement of "The 216GT bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now".

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Spring said:

No and that's why I'm surprised at the sweeping statement of "The 216GT bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now".

unless his mileage is high ...... every weekend drive to KL  😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:47 PM, Cyan76 said:

Nice, 2.2% interest rate? Any freebies?

Standard i think. Nv really nego. 

On 10/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, ISZT said:

Congratulation and how soon you are able to collect your ride, so it is not too bad as they only makan $2k from the $10k VES rebate and you got a higher COE. 

May i know what is the OMV for the car?

I think its about 30k. Should be around Dec as i'm not in a rush.

↡ Advertisement