2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

On 11/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Cyan76 said:

I just confirmed with my SE that the 360 reverse camera output cannot be projected to the head unit. Wondering any local workshop can do this mod?

Any local workshop can do it ?

10 hours ago, tonytan0 said:

Any local workshop can do it ?

Maybe try Autotrend at Toa Payoh.  BTW, has any bro changed the HU to Pioneer or Kenwood so that can watch DVD or MP4 on the go?

On 11/25/2019 at 9:35 PM, Melody288 said:

Maybe try Autotrend at Toa Payoh.  BTW, has any bro changed the HU to Pioneer or Kenwood so that can watch DVD or MP4 on the go?

Thanks. 

Based on the FB group poll, of 8 respondents, 4 responded with 13-14km/l, 3 responded with 15-16km/l and 1 got 21km/l or more.

Considering it's a new launch, it may take up to 6 months for the FC figures to be more realistic, after engine run-in and such.

• Praise 2

It's been slightly less than 2 weeks since I got my ride. It's been pretty impressive so far, delivering on quick acceleration while still providing around 16-17km/l. If I want to be really good at FC, I'm sure I can even do 20++km/l, but it'll be alot less fun.

Yes, it can be fun driving e-power, as the drive train is pure electric. So once you step on it, it moves really fast. Handling wise, it's a minivan, so don't expect much.

Some people have also mentioned that the petrol engine coming alive can be noisy. That takes some getting used to, and once you get the hang of it, you know when to anticipate it and perhaps even mitigate it. It usually comes alive mostly when the electric motor demands more power, so if you don't need the power yet, don't floor it. Driving around carparks is usually noiseless, cruising along the highway is also usually noiseless (except for road-noise).

I've also found that the dual rear door concept to be a very useful feature. I probably only need to open the smaller window 80% of the time, so most parking spaces in SG will allow access to the smaller window.

Some not so positives, I think many owners share the same sentiment that the current head unit is a disappointment, as it doesn't allow the 360 camera and predictive parking to project on the 7 inch display. Perhaps Tan Chong will figure this out and offer as an upgrade later. To be honest, this is my first time with such a feature, and I've not relied on the predictive parking at all, out of habit. Of course, for my wife, she'll probably thrill at this feature.

• Praise 5

20 hours ago, Heheapa said:

Smart, ECO and Normal mode?

Heard the Smart / ECO help better FC as well.

I usually use ECO mode while driving in low traffic situations, whether it be in the carpark, or cruising along highways. Smart mode in higher traffic, and when I may need to accelerate quickly away. Having become used to the 1 pedal drive, I hardly use Normal mode.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 12/15/2019 at 8:41 PM, Heheapa said:

Smart, ECO and Normal mode?

Heard the Smart / ECO help better FC as well.

I'm using Smart mode most of the time. 

Not sure how accurate for the FC shown on the dashboard. I recorded one ride for >20km/l then now usually 16-17km/l. Haven't chance to bump the 2nd tank yet. 

After 4 days of driving, some observation here:

1. The sound proofing is pretty bad. The phone ring tone or music play inside the car can be easily heard outside. So this car is like moving speaker. I think sound proofing need to be improved. 

2. 1st car wash done today. Need to apply the turtle wax ice seal and shine next time for easier wash. The car is just too big. 

3. The 1.86m height seems marginal to some old HDB car park. The pasir ris central car park is exactly 1.86m. Not sure anyone encounter problem for its height?

4. The back is too low and easily hit the curb at the parking lot. This is pretty bad. Anyway can raise up the car a bit?

So far it's still a pleasant drive. FC is really good for this full size MPV with good space.

Tested the car yesterday. Very impressed. Didnt find it noisy when the engine kicked in. Seems very functional. Didnt like that the 360 camera cannot be shown on the big screen. On youtube i noticed that the version in other countries can, along with usb ports in the rear. very interested

On 1/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, Crazy_turtle said:

Tested the car yesterday. Very impressed. Didnt find it noisy when the engine kicked in. Seems very functional. Didnt like that the 360 camera cannot be shown on the big screen. On youtube i noticed that the version in other countries can, along with usb ports in the rear. very interested

I think the stock 7 inch head unit (provided by Tan Chong) may not have a video-in, hence, the 360 camera can't be shown. I have also seen the Hong Kong Youtube review of the Serena. The head unit is a Kenwood set which I believe there is a video-in. 

My 2 cents.