2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

14 hours ago, Melody288 said:

I think the stock 7 inch head unit (provided by Tan Chong) may not have a video-in, hence, the 360 camera can't be shown. I have also seen the Hong Kong Youtube review of the Serena. The head unit is a Kenwood set which I believe there is a video-in. 

My 2 cents.

On Nissan Serena facebook page, there's an owner upgraded the HU to Pionner AVH-9250BT (flagship for pioneer). Maybe he/she can clear the doubts on the possibility of displaying 360 on pioneer HU.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, Crazy_turtle said:

i tried, page missing

Look for Singapore Nissan Serena E-power currently about 300 members

Turbocharged

Anyone know the batt warranty period and cost of replacement? If batt spoil, engine cannot power drivetrain right? 

35 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Anyone know the batt warranty period and cost of replacement? If batt spoil, engine cannot power drivetrain right? 

The batt that powers the drive train is 10 yrs warranty. The size isn't very large 1.8kwh, so if you intend to drive beyond 10 yrs, this is one of the major thing to take into consideration. 

Brake pads probably hardly worn

Edited by Sigeena

1 hour ago, Sigeena said:

The batt that powers the drive train is 10 yrs warranty. The size isn't very large 1.8kwh, so if you intend to drive beyond 10 yrs, this is one of the major thing to take into consideration. 

Does the electric brake kicks in at any speed?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Sigeena said:

Wah, so dun need to worry about batt replacement cost over 10yrs?

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Wah, so dun need to worry about batt replacement cost over 10yrs?

Nissan probably have some estimates on this kind of battery lifespan for tropical climate.

I wonder how much battery stock does Tan Chong Service Centre keeps. 

8 hours ago, aztreonam said:

Does the electric brake kicks in at any speed?

Once you release your foot off the accelerator, the regen braking kicks in. Within 15-20mins, one can drive around quite confidently with just 1 pedal. 

Edited by Sigeena

15 minutes ago, Didu said:

Nissan probably have some estimates on this kind of battery lifespan for tropical climate.

I wonder how much battery stock does Tan Chong Service Centre keeps. 

Tropics like SG isn't too bad with narrow temperature ranges. Batteries typically hate extreme cold and extreme heat. As much as we bitch about the heat in SG, 35-37 degrees C isn't considered extreme high. 

So the batteries should be in okayish shape for 10 years, failing which replacements shouldn't be too expensive, considering the relative small size. 

Edited by Sigeena

Just booked a Serena E-power with my brother at Motorshow! Anybody did electric tailgate outside for the boot? Asked the SE but he say TC dont do it, pay money also cannot... haha

8 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Just booked a Serena E-power with my brother at Motorshow! Anybody did electric tailgate outside for the boot? Asked the SE but he say TC dont do it, pay money also cannot... haha

TC scared die lah. Elgrand has auto tailgate, so it's not like Nissan cars cannot have auto tailgate.

But then again, Serena has the dual tailgate, so not sure if that'll have any bearing on whether can do auto or not.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any audio shop recommendation to install Kenwood DDX919WS and hopefully project the 360 camera to the head unit? Seems like Hong Kong Serena is using this head unit.

9 hours ago, Cyan76 said:

Any audio shop recommendation to install Kenwood DDX919WS and hopefully project the 360 camera to the head unit? Seems like Hong Kong Serena is using this head unit.

360 view on Pioneer HU (9250). I managed to get it done at Autotrend (Toa Payoh). Look for Darren.

360 view.jpg

• Praise 3

Supercharged

"Nissan agent Tan Chong Motor's head of sales and marketing Ron Lim said the revised road tax means the Nissan Serena e-Power's road tax falls from $1,306 to $860 a year."

That's what TC says. But I wonder if LTA will categorise the e-power Serena as a "fully electric car" :we-all-gonna-die:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/boost-for-electric-vehicles-in-move-to-reduce-pollution

• Praise 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, Didu said:

"Nissan agent Tan Chong Motor's head of sales and marketing Ron Lim said the revised road tax means the Nissan Serena e-Power's road tax falls from $1,306 to $860 a year."

That's what TC says. But I wonder if LTA will categorise the e-power Serena as a "fully electric car" :we-all-gonna-die:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/boost-for-electric-vehicles-in-move-to-reduce-pollution

Great news. Just booked my Serena. Hopefully COE dont crash man..

Triplets come with Toyota Safety Sense C. Honda Odyssey comes with Honda Sensing. Does this car come with any auto braking, auto cruise control feature? I can’t find anything on website. 

• Haha! 1

On 3/1/2020 at 2:13 AM, diming87 said:

Triplets come with Toyota Safety Sense C. Honda Odyssey comes with Honda Sensing. Does this car come with any auto braking, auto cruise control feature? I can’t find anything on website. 

I also very curious about the safety features that are available in our Serena. I can only see the donkey years ago standard features like ABS braking system, Hill control etc. How about AEB, blind-spot detection, Lane Departure warning. ACC, etc? And what is Intelligent Driver Alert System? Thanks anyone who willing to share.

↡ Advertisement