2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

Thank for the information about the VES banding.

The price just increased by $5k this week. I wonder if it can ever drop below 120k.

↡ Advertisement

Not sure if Serena owners still frequent this thread, but recently I can hear a soft motor whirring sound when turning the steering at low speeds. The pitch and loudness increases with the speed of turning the wheel. Got it checked at TC this morning, mechanic said it's normal electric power steering sound. Under higher steering load, the sound can get louder. 

But I didn't hear this sound until after I did the 5000km servicing at TC. Does any Serena owner hear this too? 

Was offered $119,888 by my SE yesterday but it's 8 bids non guaranteed.

Looks like a gimmick by TC to get ppl to commit then top up later as I don't know how low they will bid for coe given such low selling price.

33 minutes ago, Advancer said:

Looks like a gimmick by TC to get ppl to commit then top up later as I don't know how low they will bid for coe given such low selling price.

8 NG bids so long. Lol. If they cannot bid for you, you will be wasted 4 months.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Advancer said:

Does this price include overtrade?

Do remember that most JDM models are limited in width to 1695mm. Compare that to a typical car like The current Mk2 Touran with a width of 1800mm. You can’t cheat the laws of physics especially when it comes to side impact test , the narrower JDM car will have a higher chance of being toppled.

Why 1695mm, i mention many times , it is to pass Tokyo requirement for a small car so as to pay less tax, much like how we limit Cat A coe to 130hp and 1.6 litre engine capacity .

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Advancer said:

14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If COE goes down and you get your car no need top up gimmick or not? 

:D

This is almost the same as the CB deal?

1 hour ago, No_worries said:

Do remember that most JDM models are limited in width to 1695mm. Compare that to a typical car like The current Mk2 Touran with a width of 1800mm. You can’t cheat the laws of physics especially when it comes to side impact test , the narrower JDM car will have a higher chance of being toppled.

Why 1695mm, i mention many times , it is to pass Tokyo requirement for a small car so as to pay less tax, much like how we limit Cat A coe to 130hp and 1.6 litre engine capacity .

I beg to differ. It is more to the height of vehicle that affect the centre of gravity rather than the width of the car. Nissan Elgrand with width of 1850mm also toppled during side impact test

Meanwhile Toyota Sienta with the mentioned 1695mm width, performed well in the side impact test.

Edited by Sugimoto
  • Praise 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, Tlks said:

Wished TCM will provide a longer warranty for their battery. 5years/160k millege is rather stingy imo. 

I thought it is 10yrs/160k. Was it reduced?

↡ Advertisement