2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

Supercharged
On 10/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, Tlks said:

Wished TCM will provide a longer warranty for their battery. 5years/160k millege is rather stingy imo. 

Any idea what is TCM's criteria for e-power battery replacement?

↡ Advertisement

Handles like a van, so wet conditions pls be more careful. That said, with regen braking, you usually have pretty good traction. 

Fuel consumption, can range from 12 to 20+,depending on route. I'm getting ard 14-16 km/l, even with short trips. Total mileage is now less than 8k for a 11 month old car. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
8 hours ago, Cooliechang said:

Hi, all

booked the car last weekend @124600. Delivery next year. selected the Azure blue with beige seats.😀

Congrats.   Please keep us posted.

9 hours ago, Cooliechang said:

Hi, all

booked the car last weekend @124600. Delivery next year. selected the Azure blue with beige seats.😀

Is this with the bodykit and nappa leather?

On 5/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, Atrecord said:

Unfortunately, Tan Chong is only concerned about reducing the OMV of the car, so that they can either milk the most margin, or is afraid of losing to competitors in terms of price.

As a result, they have brought in the most basic spec model, without any of the modern safety features that you mentioned. 

It doesn't even have electronic parking brake, autohold, auto-dimming rear-vew mirror, etc.

Look at the latest sylphy. Parts such as leather seats n head unit all locally fitted. 

Hi,

newbie to the forum and a proud owner of the Serena ePower (C27).

I've driven a Toyota Estima (hybrid) & Renault Flourence (EV) before and in comparison,

I must say Nissan ePower technology prove to be a better and more viable concept.

There are more pros than cons for Serena ePower and thumbs up from me.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Praise 2

Supercharged
32 minutes ago, Monkey47 said:

Hi,

newbie to the forum and a proud owner of the Serena ePower (C27).

I've driven a Toyota Estima (hybrid) & Renault Flourence (EV) before and in comparison,

I must say Nissan ePower technology prove to be a better and more viable concept.

There are more pros than cons for Serena ePower and thumbs up from me.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Please share so that those considering this model can make an informed purchase. 

thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi Didu,

Let’s talk about their technology;

Toyota Estima Hybrid  - 2 “engines” to power the car. Not really very efficient and ended up using more petrol. Road tax higher because of 2 engines.

EV - Range Anxiety & mostly quite inconvenient cause it takes time to charge. 
Electricity is not cheap in SG and our source of electricity is LNG. Cost of EV battery is exorbitant to replace.

ePower- a generator to generate electricity which is similar a generator to power up a building. Road tax will reduce from $1200 to $860 from 01 Jan 2021 onwards.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Monkey47 said:

Hi Didu,

Let’s talk about their technology;

Toyota Estima Hybrid  - 2 “engines” to power the car. Not really very efficient and ended up using more petrol. Road tax higher because of 2 engines.

EV - Range Anxiety & mostly quite inconvenient cause it takes time to charge. 
Electricity is not cheap in SG and our source of electricity is LNG. Cost of EV battery is exorbitant to replace.

ePower- a generator to generate electricity which is similar a generator to power up a building. Road tax will reduce from $1200 to $860 from 01 Jan 2021 onwards.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comparing with your previous Estima, what would you say the difference is like in terms of(just to name a few):

- Road handling

- Ride

- Noise level

- 3rd row space

- Creature comforts

14 hours ago, Didu said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comparing with your previous Estima, what would you say the difference is like in terms of(just to name a few):

- Road handling

- Ride

- Noise level

- 3rd row space

- Creature comforts

- I've upgraded the Serena 16"/195 rim to 18"/235. Road handling is ok for both, comparable.

- Estima will have an edge in terms of ride and overall comfort as it is wider and has lower CG than Serena.

- Always blast my music during ride. Doesn't really bother me for both vehicles.

- 3rd row space. Serena wins hands down. One of the key factor i chose this car.

- Additional plus for Serena: can use Petrol 92, now at $1.90/ltr. Less credit card discount, 🤗

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Monkey47 said:

- I've upgraded the Serena 16"/195 rim to 18"/235. Road handling is ok for both, comparable.

- Estima will have an edge in terms of ride and overall comfort as it is wider and has lower CG than Serena.

- Always blast my music during ride. Doesn't really bother me for both vehicles.

- 3rd row space. Serena wins hands down. One of the key factor i chose this car.

- Additional plus for Serena: can use Petrol 92, now at $1.90/ltr. Less credit card discount, 🤗

3rd row for serena has the flexibility/advantage to move front/back, something that Estima doesn't have. 

But Estima 3rd got option to fold 60/40, so 2 non-big-sized persons can sit at the '60' part with the '40' part folded to put luggage - if need be. Serena is 50/50, so can't do this...

pick-up i presume serena wins?

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Atrecord said:

3rd row for serena has the flexibility/advantage to move front/back, something that Estima doesn't have. 

But Estima 3rd got option to fold 60/40, so 2 non-big-sized persons can sit at the '60' part with the '40' part folded to put luggage - if need be. Serena is 50/50, so can't do this...

pick-up i presume serena wins?

Yes.

Hi all,

I just collected my ride. I have some question hopefully bros here who drive the car already can advise me.

when I collect my car, the batt left is 1/3. After running some errands and with the electric motor charging sound happening frequently, when I come home, the batt only 1/2 charge. Btw I driving normal mode.

Question: How can I charge the battery to full?  Using Smart mode is quicker? Can I reduce the frequent charging sound? 

Sorry for Noob question. Thank in advance.

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Cooliechang said:

Hi all,

I just collected my ride. I have some question hopefully bros here who drive the car already can advise me.

when I collect my car, the batt left is 1/3. After running some errands and with the electric motor charging sound happening frequently, when I come home, the batt only 1/2 charge. Btw I driving normal mode.

Question: How can I charge the battery to full?  Using Smart mode is quicker? Can I reduce the frequent charging sound? 

Sorry for Noob question. Thank in advance.

Firstly, Eco mode should allow the car to charge quicker. But you have to contend with driving in a more leisurely fashion.

Sounds like you have a conflict here: You want to charge up the battery, but you don't want the charging sound.

This one is a bit tricky......

Hi bro,

Thanks bro. yah I guess I need to get used to the charging sound. I switch to Smart mode now and I feel it seems to be better. will try eco mode next n then select the best for my driving,

I also feel the braking distance seems longer when press the brakes hard and the u turn needs a wider turning angle. (Sometimes I need to reverse my car to do the u turn)

↡ Advertisement