2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

primera38

Neutral Newbie

I just confirmed with my SE that the 360 reverse camera output cannot be projected to the head unit. Wondering any local workshop can do this mod?

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Cyan76 said:

I just confirmed with my SE that the 360 reverse camera output cannot be projected to the head unit. Wondering any local workshop can do this mod?

If not the the head unit, then where Nissan project it?😅

Neutral Newbie
19 minutes ago, Didu said:

If not the the head unit, then where Nissan project it?😅

Haha, to the small instrument panel and not the 7 inch touchscreen head unit

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, Cyan76 said:

Head unit is not factory fitted I was told.  The 360 and reverse view on the small instrument panel is poor.  

Neutral Newbie
31 minutes ago, Tomyum said:

Head unit is not factory fitted I was told.  The 360 and reverse view on the small instrument panel is poor.  

Agree. It’s a bit far and small for the driver. Hong Kong variant can project both to the instrument panel and head unit. Hope that local workshops can have this mod.

Supercharged
22 hours ago, Tomyum said:

Wah lau eh...I cannot tahan this kind of half pass six setup. Want to give, jolly well do a proper job. 

Neutral Newbie
On 11/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, agentsumo said:

Anyone saw that TC has another version of the Serena. Saw it on their price list. Do you know what is the diff?

Was told it's the same car except for buyers who want to overtrade. Anyone one else can confirm? 

43 minutes ago, ConnorMcLeod said:

Hi All, read the Serena has only one pedal for accelerate/decelerate (like bumper car?) and no brake. How to do e-stop?

Even leaf got 2 pedal.

Supercharged
45 minutes ago, ConnorMcLeod said:

Hi All, read the Serena has only one pedal for accelerate/decelerate (like bumper car?) and no brake. How to do e-stop?

The brake pedal is still there. This single pedal driving only available when you switch to ECO mode, where lifting of your foot is like applying brakes while the car recharges the battery. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, Didu said:

Wah lau eh...I cannot tahan this kind of half pass six setup. Want to give, jolly well do a proper job. 

I saw HK car review on Serena e power on YouTube. The 360 view can be shown on Kenwood head unit. I believe TC should be able to do the same for Serena here?

Neutral Newbie
3 minutes ago, Melody288 said:

I saw HK car review on Serena e power on YouTube. The 360 view can be shown on Kenwood head unit. I believe TC should be able to do the same for Serena here?

I checked with my SE and she told me cannot be done at Tan Chong and asked me to look for other workshops for help. One workshop told me if there’s a video input on the head unit, then maybe can pipe the output from the instrument panel into it. If no video input, have to replace the whole head unit with Kenwood or similar 😞

On 11/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, timlow84 said:

Fellow Serena E-Power owners.. join if you are keen ya? https://www.facebook.com/groups/955225991525904/ 

Hello Tim,

There's already a FB group.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:54 PM, Didu said:

The brake pedal is still there. This single pedal driving only available when you switch to ECO mode, where lifting of your foot is like applying brakes while the car recharges the battery. 

Thanks!