Jump to content
primera38

2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

Recommended Posts

On 9/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, Hamburger said:

help me understand bro, i see prius hybrid 1.5L road tax at $650 seems same as non hybrid.

 

Hi bro, are you referring to Prius C Hybrid instead?

Prius Hybrid 1.8L

RtjF1lm.png

Engine Capacity: 1,797cc

Road Tax = [$950 + ((1,797 - 1,600) x $1.5)] x 0.782 = $974 (round up)

Maximum Motor Power Rating: 53KW

Road Tax = [S$400 + ((53 - 7.5) x $4)] x 0.782 = $456 (round up)

As such, annual road tax for Toyota Prius Hybrid should be $974

 

Prius C Hybrid (1.5L)

PVQq0Qi.png

Engine Capacity: 1,496cc

Road Tax = [$500 + ((1,496 - 1,000) x $0.75)] x 0.782 = $682 (round up)

Maximum Motor Power Rating: 45KW

Road Tax = [S$400 + ((45 - 7.5) x $4)] x 0.782 = $431 (round up)

As such, annual road tax for Toyota Prius Hybrid should be $682

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, Hamburger said:

no 2 way to it. Want more powder, be it TC, SC or electric, please pay up.

 

 

Turbo and supercharger are not subject to higher road tax. At the most is Cat B COE which is a one-time cost (the amt depending on bidding results)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, price finalised, and first vehicle is going to be handed over to buyer soon. It was at the stage of registration that TC realised the mistake with the road tax yesterday. pre-launch price was $139K.

Value-wise, it seems like TC is trying to avoid outcompeting its own Elgrand, so the Serena has very low specs, unfortunately.

- Electronic parking brake / Autohold

- auto-dimming rearview mirror

- blindspot monitoring

- auto tailgate

- LED / DRL

- Electric / memory seat

 

All the above don't have 😅

 

Thanks for the info. So sad that they removed some features (e.g. electronic parking brake, LED DRL and electric/memory seat) which are not easy or possible to add in manually aftermarket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BengGaBoy said:

 

Thanks for the info. So sad that they removed some features (e.g. electronic parking brake, LED DRL and electric/memory seat) which are not easy or possible to add in manually aftermarket.

Have also been told by SE that the two tone black roof is not painted but stuck on tape.

A shame that the local import is so different from the e power model in Japan website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomyum said:

Have also been told by SE that the two tone black roof is not painted but stuck on tape.

A shame that the local import is so different from the e power model in Japan website.  

Maybe Nissan is enjoying the leadership of e-Power, thus, they can offer anything they like to the market.

Not sure whether any other carmakers will embark on the journey of e-Power, if yes, then we still start to see competition in term of specs, price and performance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E power note sexy.

E power Serena lagi aunty sexy.

The concern is the battery. Unknown possible health impact. Radiation field whatnot.

Id stick with gas for at least ten years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wonder any Nissan big saloon..using the same system.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The technology sounds good. Concern would be, once the battery dies, the car will not move since engine not connected to drivetrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

The technology sounds good. Concern would be, once the battery dies, the car will not move since engine not connected to drivetrain

 

Based on the youtube video explaining e-power, the engine is connected to the generator which in turn charge the battery. In the event of low battery, the generator can supply both electric motor and battery. So if that's true, theoretically, even with battery dead, still can move with just engine running alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, Atrecord said:

Yes, price finalised, and first vehicle is going to be handed over to buyer soon. It was at the stage of registration that TC realised the mistake with the road tax yesterday. pre-launch price was $139K.

Value-wise, it seems like TC is trying to avoid outcompeting its own Elgrand, so the Serena has very low specs, unfortunately.

- Electronic parking brake / Autohold

- auto-dimming rearview mirror

- blindspot monitoring

- auto tailgate

- LED / DRL

- Electric / memory seat

 

All the above don't have 😅

nbzzzz...... i thought swee liao.... got so many stuff till I read the last line.... pui... 😅.... now say the road tax is much higher than a 1.2L ride... double knn....

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nlatio said:

nbzzzz...... i thought swee liao.... got so many stuff till I read the last line.... pui... 😅.... now say the road tax is much higher than a 1.2L ride... double knn....

ha ha ha... solly to disappoint. All TC's fault, bring in low-spec variant...

but anyone looking for a decent-sized MPV all face the same challenge - that dealers all bringing in low-spec models leh... dunno why nobody bold enough to bring in slightly better options, should sell well.

road tax is TC blunder lah. such a big car where got so low road tax possible...

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, Atrecord said:

Yes, price finalised, and first vehicle is going to be handed over to buyer soon. It was at the stage of registration that TC realised the mistake with the road tax yesterday. pre-launch price was $139K.

Value-wise, it seems like TC is trying to avoid outcompeting its own Elgrand, so the Serena has very low specs, unfortunately.

- Electronic parking brake / Autohold

- auto-dimming rearview mirror

- blindspot monitoring

- auto tailgate

- LED / DRL

- Electric / memory seat

 

All the above don't have 😅

Based on Singapore website, https://www.nissan.com.sg/vehicles/new/serena/specifications.html#grade-C27-0|equipment

  • Auto Levelling LED Headlamps with LED Accented Lights
  • LED Rear Tail Lights

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BengGaBoy said:

Based on Singapore website, https://www.nissan.com.sg/vehicles/new/serena/specifications.html#grade-C27-0|equipment

  • Auto Levelling LED Headlamps with LED Accented Lights
  • LED Rear Tail Lights

 

Arrh yes, thanks for correcting these.

When i wrote the original post, was based on what some others who went to test-drive the car (before it was officially launched), shared.

Since then, i'd seen the car on display at IMM roadshow, and the SE did say got LED lights. But till now, still can't confirm whether got DRL... the few who have since collected the car, haven't touched on this.

 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Arrh yes, thanks for correcting these.

When i wrote the original post, was based on what some others who went to test-drive the car (before it was officially launched), shared.

Since then, i'd seen the car on display at IMM roadshow, and the SE did say got LED lights. But till now, still can't confirm whether got DRL... the few who have since collected the car, haven't touched on this.

 

Maybe you are the early bird and they have not display the facelifted version @ IMM

Anyway, I'm also not sure whether LED headlight inclusive of DRL 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a parallel hybrid system - early example was the Chevy Volt. Parallel hybrid is where the petrol engine is decoupled from drivetrain and only used as generator.

Usual issues with this is that the battery pack need to be bigger and the electric motor needs to be more powerful. If your battery die then GG liao, while for series hybrid the engine can still fully take over the role of moving the vehicle

End of the day, really still depends on whether the fuel economy is better than a normal series hybrid - like the Toyota or Honda hybrids. From the specs it looks similar to the Toyota triplets in terms of fuel economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BengGaBoy said:

Maybe you are the early bird and they have not display the facelifted version @ IMM

Anyway, I'm also not sure whether LED headlight inclusive of DRL 😞 

Yah, learnt about it quite early, then checked with my SE, who at that time said viewing was by appt only as car was not launched (even in Japan) yet...

But later learnt of the specs, then cooled interests liao...

Still not enough to entice me to it leh.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

This is just a parallel hybrid system - early example was the Chevy Volt. Parallel hybrid is where the petrol engine is decoupled from drivetrain and only used as generator.

Usual issues with this is that the battery pack need to be bigger and the electric motor needs to be more powerful. If your battery die then GG liao, while for series hybrid the engine can still fully take over the role of moving the vehicle

End of the day, really still depends on whether the fuel economy is better than a normal series hybrid - like the Toyota or Honda hybrids. From the specs it looks similar to the Toyota triplets in terms of fuel economy.

So far one owner shared city driving FC is 12 km/L. Not sure how well a Prius will do for the same routes though... Anyway, not fantastic right? If city driving can hit 15 km/L, then I'll really be impressed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×