Jump to content
primera38

2018 Nissan Serena e-POWER

Recommended Posts

2nd Gear

I saw the road show in Vivo City last weekend and it was price at $139,800 and I think it the the same for the car show, didnt know the price was revised due the the VES and I also keen to know how much difference is that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear

The charging sound goes away after driving for two minutes.

its $136,800 now. Maybe can bargain a bit? Personal view. Serena will kill Odyssey sales. Triplets about 8k cheaper so may still have takers. Stepwagon was rare anyway.

this Small MPV market is really ripe for the taking. The 216 Gran Tourers bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now. Serena is well placed to benefit.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd Gear
14 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

The charging sound goes away after driving for two minutes.

its $136,800 now. Maybe can bargain a bit? Personal view. Serena will kill Odyssey sales. Triplets about 8k cheaper so may still have takers. Stepwagon was rare anyway.

this Small MPV market is really ripe for the taking. The 216 Gran Tourers bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now. Serena is well placed to benefit.

I went to see the triplets after seeing the Serena and the PI are selling at about $126,000, the Noah comes with $10,000 VES rebate.

The Stepwagon is the only such car that comes in either 7 or 8 seater both at the same price I think it is not more than $135,000, as for VES not sure.

The Serena look nicer both exterior and interior, but the actual space and flexibility of interior usage and I see like not much difference between this few MPV.

In the Japan website the petrol consumption figure was >23 kpl while the local one was only 17.5 kpl, not sure why is the difference in figure.

 

Was offer between $66k to $68k for my 38 months old Wish. If it is $136,800 then it will be very disappointing as the VES is a $10,000 rebate. Maybe also due to the increase in the COE of $4k in the recent bidding.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
On 10/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, Atrecord said:

 

Can see that Singaporeans are now taking a liking to the boxy MPVs - of which Serena is one - lately.

These boxy MPVs are not stylish, but are practical. My wife commented that the first-gen Noah looked like a hearse, so i diam diam didn't say anything further, years ago when we were exploring options to replace our ageing Wish...

I'm sure she wasn't alone in thinking that way.

But lately, can see almost one of the Toyota Triplets every 5 min on the road, at the maximum. Sometimes even see them side by side, which was unimaginable 5 yr ago... This reminded me of the early days of Wish's dominance in the compact-MPV market around 2003-06, when many sedan owners started to have kids (and maids, plus cater to parents/in-laws), so upgraded to the affordable and flexible Wish.

With the boxy MPVs priced not extremely higher than the popular 5-seaters, it's not surprising that the take-up rate of the triplets has soared. My kids are now >1.7 m, and one is still growing. So these spacious MPVs are worth exploring.

Serena's advantage is that it's sold by AD, unlike the triplets. With Biante no longer sold, the other option would be Stepwagon, which is also by PI.

So Serena has a unique foothold here, if potential buyers want the space, and are worried about PIs.

Plus this new tech of e-power, which promises high torque and fast pick-up, better FC, etc., are good selling points. Before Tan Chong discovered the boo boo, the claimed low road tax for the 1.2L car, was also easily one major attraction.

In this sense, i'm not surprised that there are buyers for this vehicle. Probably snatched biz away from Ody, Previa, and some of the triplets, not to mention some of the compact MPVs.

Given the re-classification of VES to A2 band, if TC reduces the price, it'll sell even better. And if they up the specs a bit more from the current offering, will be even better.

It may not be that boxy MPVs are getting better acceptance, but buyer bo pian.

There are so much other choices 5 - 10 years ago (mid-size MPV): Chevrolet Orlando, Honda Stream, Mazda 5, Nissan Lafesta, Subaru Exiga, Toyota Pinic, Toyota Wish, etc. which are now all gone, no thanks to the sudden craze for everything on high heels (read Crossover and SUV).

I for one don't mind the look of boxy MPV (very practical too), but till the build quality and choice of material improved, I wouldn't be getting one soon.

  • Praise 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 hours ago, ISZT said:

In the Japan website the petrol consumption figure was >23 kpl while the local one was only 17.5 kpl, not sure why is the difference in figure.

 

I think its 26.2 km/L result is based on JC08 standard (see link below)

https://www.carsifu.my/news/nissan-serena-e-power-goes-on-sale-in-japan

As a comparison, Toyota Prius(XW50) under JC08 achieves 40.8 km/L

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_economy_in_automobiles

 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
18 hours ago, ISZT said:

I saw the road show in Vivo City last weekend and it was price at $139,800 and I think it the the same for the car show, didnt know the price was revised due the the VES and I also keen to know how much difference is that.

VES reclass only happened earlier this week, so last weekend's price was before reclass.

And then the $4K increase after this Wed's COE bidding also needs to be factored in...

 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
17 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

The charging sound goes away after driving for two minutes.

its $136,800 now. Maybe can bargain a bit? Personal view. Serena will kill Odyssey sales. Triplets about 8k cheaper so may still have takers. Stepwagon was rare anyway.

this Small MPV market is really ripe for the taking. The 216 Gran Tourers bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now. Serena is well placed to benefit.

Indeed Ody looks vulnerable, but it has higher/better specs than Serena, so still got hope.

Triplets need to be cheaper to compete, i feel, cos it has only 2 airbags, plus is PI...

Err... Serena is hardly a small MPV leh. More spacious than Estima i think - becos of the height...

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
2 hours ago, ISZT said:

I went to see the triplets after seeing the Serena and the PI are selling at about $126,000, the Noah comes with $10,000 VES rebate.

The Stepwagon is the only such car that comes in either 7 or 8 seater both at the same price I think it is not more than $135,000, as for VES not sure.

The Serena look nicer both exterior and interior, but the actual space and flexibility of interior usage and I see like not much difference between this few MPV.

In the Japan website the petrol consumption figure was >23 kpl while the local one was only 17.5 kpl, not sure why is the difference in figure.

 

Was offer between $66k to $68k for my 38 months old Wish. If it is $136,800 then it will be very disappointing as the VES is a $10,000 rebate. Maybe also due to the increase in the COE of $4k in the recent bidding.

When i last saw the Triplets 3 yr ago, the 3rd row seats cannot be moved front/back, but Serena allows about 20-30 movement of the 3rd row seats front/back, so can adjust how much boot space to have. This is more flexible than the triplets or stepwagon, or Estima/Ody, as i last know them, and is quite useful.

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

It may not be that boxy MPVs are getting better acceptance, but buyer bo pian.

There are so much other choices 5 - 10 years ago (mid-size MPV): Chevrolet Orlando, Honda Stream, Mazda 5, Nissan Lafesta, Subaru Exiga, Toyota Pinic, Toyota Wish, etc. which are now all gone, no thanks to the sudden craze for everything on high heels (read Crossover and SUV).

I for one don't mind the look of boxy MPV (very practical too), but till the build quality and choice of material improved, I wouldn't be getting one soon.

Ha ha ha... true. Most manufacturers are moving away from MPVs to SUVs, so there are far fewer choices now.

 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
5 hours ago, ISZT said:

I went to see the triplets after seeing the Serena and the PI are selling at about $126,000, the Noah comes with $10,000 VES rebate.

The Stepwagon is the only such car that comes in either 7 or 8 seater both at the same price I think it is not more than $135,000, as for VES not sure.

The Serena look nicer both exterior and interior, but the actual space and flexibility of interior usage and I see like not much difference between this few MPV.

In the Japan website the petrol consumption figure was >23 kpl while the local one was only 17.5 kpl, not sure why is the difference in figure.

 

Was offer between $66k to $68k for my 38 months old Wish. If it is $136,800 then it will be very disappointing as the VES is a $10,000 rebate. Maybe also due to the increase in the COE of $4k in the recent bidding.

Bro, AD of course must earn more than PI mah, more staff to feed. Somemore got 10 year bao jiak battery warranty. 
By the way, from personal experience, Noah is more fuel efficient than this new Serena, by about 1km/l. But power wise Noah really much weaker. That’s why my wife say change car.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
20 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

The charging sound goes away after driving for two minutes.

its $136,800 now. Maybe can bargain a bit? Personal view. Serena will kill Odyssey sales. Triplets about 8k cheaper so may still have takers. Stepwagon was rare anyway.

this Small MPV market is really ripe for the taking. The 216 Gran Tourers bought 3 years ago should be breaking down around now. Serena is well placed to benefit.

Wha u see BMW no up ah[:(]

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
58 minutes ago, Spring said:

Wha u see BMW no up ah[:(]

No lah. Cannot afford....the maintenance

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear (edited)
On 10/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, Atrecord said:

Sorry to pour cold water, Govt gave $10K rebate, how much was given to the customers?

Give back 8k. So the price i got was 130.8k. Pretty decent as i got the coe even with the 4k increase.

23 hours ago, Cyan76 said:

Is it possible to share what’s the price you got from the car show? Thanks!

138800.

Edited by Dilemma
  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie
23 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

Give back 8k. So the price i got was 130.8k. Pretty decent as i got the coe even with the 4k increase.

138800.

Nice, 2.2% interest rate? Any freebies?

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd Gear
54 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

Give back 8k. So the price i got was 130.8k. Pretty decent as i got the coe even with the 4k increase.

138800.

Congratulation and how soon you are able to collect your ride, so it is not too bad as they only makan $2k from the $10k VES rebate and you got a higher COE. 

May i know what is the OMV for the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

@Fitmugen Actually Odyssey and Serena are in 2 different category, but pricing (as well as road tax) is relatively close now... Except for the higher fuel consumption, Odyssey is a better car all round, so I don't see why would Serena will kill Odyssey in term of sales.

image.thumb.png.864ca1de9fd4736cf621d086cb8771f2.png

  • Praise 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Dilemma said:

Give back 8k. So the price i got was 130.8k. Pretty decent as i got the coe even with the 4k increase.

138800.

oh, ok, if give back 8K, then still not too inhumane.

Don't forget your scrap value will reduce by $5K given new VES reclass, mean nett amt govt giving is only $5K and not $10K.

So, from the $5K, you saved $3K and TC keeps the $2K in the pocket...

And if take into consideration the blunder in their initial claim of ~$500 road tax that has gone up to ~$1300, over a 10 yr period, owners will be paying ~$7600 more road tax (than TC initially claimed), then the initial very good reason (low road tax) reason to get the car, is not as attractive as it was...

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
19 minutes ago, ISZT said:

Congratulation and how soon you are able to collect your ride, so it is not too bad as they only makan $2k from the $10k VES rebate and you got a higher COE. 

May i know what is the OMV for the car?

Around $30K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×