For Hong Kong Movies lovers

Scion

I remember when  the first time i watched Mr Vampire (僵尸先生), I have difficulty sleeping at nite... [:(]

when i watched 倩女幽魂, i also have difficulty sleeping.  [sweatdrop] 

• Praise 2

when i watched 倩女幽魂, i also have difficulty sleeping.  [sweatdrop] 

erm.. because you keep dreaming you are Leslie Cheung?  [:p]

For Hong Kong movies I only go for 杜琪峰 directed movies. E.g.. PTU

Recently just watched a latest from John Woo. Super cheesy dialogue and waste of eyes power.

Unless you are a super fan of flying in mid air with bullets spraying from a pistol, save the world, save more electricity.

Usually can't go wrong with a Johnnie To film or any movie from his Milkyway Productions company e.g. PTU, Election, Exiled, etc. The old HK triad movies were always my favourite; remember regularly digging through Cash Converters' DVD section last time just to find obscure HK movies for $2 each lol.      

Supersonic

I remember when the first time i watched Mr Vampire (åµå°¸åç), I have difficulty sleeping at nite... [:(]

Talking about vampire movies, cannot forget about Lin Zhen Ying.

He is the popular figure of the vampire movies in the late 1980s till the 1990s. Without him, Hong Kong vampire movies won't have flourished.

He started as supporting roles for Bruce Lee movies in the 1970s. Sadly he passed away many years ago.

He is the popular figure of the vampire movies in the late 1980s till the 1990s. Without him, Hong Kong vampire movies won't have flourished.

He started as supporting roles for Bruce Lee movies in the 1970s. Sadly he passed away many years ago.

ya man.. he his the default "Taoist" priest for every vampire/ghost movie..

there is the other show called “鬼拉脚" .. think many watched already don't dare to go swimming (dry one included).... 

Quick check, he passed away in 1997 at the age of 45 only.  :o

Speaking of scary movies, there was one from the early 80's which I cannot recall it's name.

In one scene, ones boy and one girl - those paper dolls that stands at funeral wakes, came to the actor's house and watch him. Ever since, it gave me goosebumps whenever I saw them at wakes.

Anyone recall this scene and what was the name of the movie ?

Actually back then they are quite good in making scary ghost hk movies.

Have you seen this scene and remember the movie ?

I think they like to use paper dolls in those ghost movie, but cant remember which movie.

From the heydays of Shaw Brothers.

i watched all these movies (傅声,爾冬陞) in Pri school, since i was in the afternoon class, we usually go to the cinema near by (great world) to watch the morning show, 2 kids in uniform share one seat   [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement